Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

suspension help-question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension help-question

Have a 95 ex sedan. Need to know if front suspension from prelude of same year or front suspension from 98-2000 accord will interchange.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: suspension help-question

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to use suspension parts from either of those cars and which parts in specific were you referring to? If I remember correctly the 98-02 spindles/hubs can be used for a 5 lug conversion and to eliminate the trapped rotor setup. I'm also assuming your accord has an f series engine rather than the c series, relevant since suspension components vary between the i4 and v6 models
Old 06-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Specifically the spindle, hub, rotor and calipers. My car is a 4 and yes the encapsulated rotors are a pain. Eventually I would like to upgrade the brake system but cant do so as of now. The car is a daily driver and stock honda parts are easier for me to come by than aftermarket. Also if changing the spindle and hubs do the drive axles have to be changed?
Old 06-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hodrod
Specifically the spindle, hub, rotor and calipers. My car is a 4 and yes the encapsulated rotors are a pain. Eventually I would like to upgrade the brake system but cant do so as of now. The car is a daily driver and stock honda parts are easier for me to come by than aftermarket. Also if changing the spindle and hubs do the drive axles have to be changed?
probably can use the same. best thing is to go to a junk yard and take some measurements. you need to check width of hub(spindle) and rotor the splines should be the same. BUT if it were me i would leave it alone. It might just be a death trap after you convert. get good name brand rotors and quality pads, press bearing back in or i done it with hammers but a pain in the ***. the swap wont be bolt on and not worth the time. No need to upgrade brakes further good pads and rotors will do a great job no matter how you drive. best brakes are your tires so invest there lol
Old 06-27-2014, 11:05 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Pretty sure you can get away with using the complete 2.3 knuckle with little worry.
Avoid the Prelude, it uses a larger LBJ and IIRC the stub axle is a larger spline... for the ladies.