Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Accord Type R or Euro R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord Type R or Euro R

Honda England were let loose to build a car that would compete with Subaru and Mistsubishi's Evo. They came up with the Accord Type R, a lightened (around 1200Kg) track version with no sound deadening or luxuries (air con was an option). It has a hand made tweeked H22A7 from Japan giving 212bhp and revs to 8000rpm. Torsen LSD and recaro's as standard. 0-60mph 6.1seconds and the limiter cuts in at 155mph (Honda's offical figures are more pessimistic).

The car sold in low numbers (only 1200 in the UK) due to the high price but received critical aclaim including 5 stars from Evo magazine (the car lovers bible) and is described as the best handling FWD available. It has been the subject of many track magazine tests including one where is beats an Integra Type R around the track.

Honda Japan noted the success (on the track not the sales ) took the Accord Type R and developed the Accord Euro R (hense the 'Euro'peon tag). It's a similar chassis (ATR and AER suspension is interchangeable) and Engine with cosmetic differences.

The Accord Type R was available in Europe only and the Accord Euro R was available in Japan only.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Accord Type R or Euro R (Little Legs)

as impressive as the accord R is. in my eye it is nowhere near a worthy competitor against the evo and STi. they're not even in the same class. and though im not questioning your statement, but i find it hard to believe that a accord R to be the best handling FWD. i've driven it in gran turismo 4 so i think i know what im talking about (haha, that was a joke just incase you bitches dont know sarcasm). and i honestly dont think its better then a integra type r, but thats my opinion. i havent driven either one (except in GT4)
Old 06-28-2006, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Accord Type R or Euro R (pos_cd5)

Hi mate,

GT4 a?, well you've one up on me because I've driven them both in real life but not in GT4 of course they're in the same class both 4 door saloons and both about the same price. The main difference is the Evo and WRX are a rally cars and the ATR a track car. You also have to remember the ATR is no longer produced and you have to compare it to the Scoobies and Evo's of the day, saying that I had a blast with an Evo IX FQ320 a week or so ago and there is very little in it (but in truth my ATR is mildly tweeked so not standard)

Here's a link to an article comparing the two

http://www.atr.org.uk/viewtopi...ticle

Sadly the WRX did win the review but by the skin of it's teeth. Here's a quote:

"The Accord Type R has come closer to knocking the Impreza from it's pedestal than any other saloon"

Modified by Little Legs at 5:14 AM 6/28/2006
Old 06-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Grace Under Pressure

Default Re: (fw190bvi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is an Accord Type R. It is a Eurpoean ONLY car, and it is known as the Saloon R in England (Saloon = 4 door car) </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, its the accord typeR, not saloonR

Old 06-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Accord Type R or Euro R (Little Legs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Little Legs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi mate,

GT4 a?, well you've one up on me because I've driven them both in real life but not in GT4 of course they're in the same class both 4 door saloons and both about the same price. </TD></TR></TABLE>ummm.... no. They are not in the same class... in any race, anywhere.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Grace Under Pressure

Default Re: Accord Type R or Euro R (SuperSlow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperSlow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ummm.... no. They are not in the same class... in any race, anywhere.</TD></TR></TABLE>

true that.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:47 PM

too bad it didnt make it to the US...I would love to own one of these beauties!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Accord Type R or Euro R (SuperSlow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperSlow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ummm.... no. They are not in the same class... in any race, anywhere.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 PM
That's what she said!

Default Re: Accord Type R or Euro R? (khunt0012)

my old car, boy i do miss her

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by khunt0012 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Accord Euro R:

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-01-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: (ONLYuk7thGen)

Don't believe the hype, the classic scooby has around 250bhp in the UK (I think it is only 227bhp in the USA?? - not sure) but is heavier and more lossy through the AWD system. The ATR, although having slightly less power, has a better power to weight and handles better. Not only is the ATR in the same class as a classic Subaru it will beat one around a track - fact.

It's true that scoobies have come on along way in the past few years under pressure from Evo's and the STi are now much lighter (thank god) and have more power.

Here's a link to some UK spec's. This particular WRX is 225bhp and weighs 1400kg making 161bhp per ton the ATR is 212bhp and closer to 1200Kg making 177bhp per ton. Insidentaly all the stock ATR's I've seen dynoed make 218-220bhp giving 183bhp per ton.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/r...=2380

a quick video of my ATR

Modified by Little Legs at 11:02 AM 7/7/2006
Old 04-14-2011, 02:57 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Accord Type R or Euro R?

ATR is the best car in the world, especially the Spurek's ATR. Much better then Subaru!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thx źom :D
Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wtf just happened broski?
I think we went back to 2006...
Old 07-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Trial User

i know this thread is old, and ive been searching and hoping to do a conversion, but the links below shows pretty much the difference between the 2, the biggest difference, the tail lights/rear end. also, the euro R came with the f20a option for either auto, manual, or tip tronic(semi auto). (same engine, just different top color and one has more torque)
one last thing, they were both made in the same country, just sold in different countries.

Honda Accord Euro R:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2514521/2002-honda-accord

Honda Accord Type R:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=933
Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

<----:starts slow clap:

Bravo good sir, Bravo!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Euro R are really common her in New Zealand. Its a bit of a pain though as there are not many parts for them available.

Heres a photo of my baby. Its a Torneo Euro-R rather than an Accord:

Differences between the JDM Accord Euro-R and JDM Torneo Euro-R are (as far as I know):

Front Bumper
Front Guards
Bonnet
Headlights
Rear bumper
Rear lights
Rear bootlid

Otherwise exactly the same CL1 chassis, shares parts with the CF4 Accord & Torneo SIR-T chassis.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

adamkerrnz:

Can you post a picture of the rear subframe?

I'm trying to see if I could use the Ultra Racing Rear lower 4 point brace on my 2001 USA Accord. Both rear subframes look pretty damn close, but I could use some detailed pictures of the your rear subframe to make sure.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Couldn't get any decent pics under my car, so I stole some with an ultra racing brace attached:

this is my car:

Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

euro R is in japan and type R is in europe and they come RHD with the lips n sick body that resembles a evo kind a^^
Old 07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Mate!

The pics with the brace installed are perfect. That helps me get an idea of a possible exhaust clearance issue with my set up.

Your Torneo looks really good. I LOVE the CF4/CL1 body styles. They are Much more appealing than our USA models.

Thanks again bro!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey mate need i different pic, if you see this soon. Discussed it with my fellow Accord buddy and we need 1 more pic to have more confirmation.

We need:
The FRONT most mounting point of the brace's AREA on Your Car. Picture of the general area and also, need a picture of the Bolt that is going to be used on the sub-frame for the Brace itself.

We are trying to see if our USA Accords have the same sub-frame bolt..and if it is even in the same area. The rear should be doable, now it's the FRONT mounting point that we need to verify.

thanx in advance
Old 07-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm so you need a picture of the front bolts where the ultra racing brace hooks up?

Ill have to jack up my car tonight and get a pic for ya buddy..
Old 07-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, I love the EDM Torneo Euro R.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by adamkerrnz
hmm so you need a picture of the front bolts where the ultra racing brace hooks up?

Ill have to jack up my car tonight and get a pic for ya buddy..

Old 07-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man,

sorry haven't had a chance yet, been pretty busy!

Quick Reply: Accord Type R or Euro R?