Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (dank24)

Originally Posted by eL
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dank24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I noticed today that when shifting into each gear at a lower rpm, it feels like something it pulling or grabbing then releasing. Something weird. I only have 500 miles on the car too</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wonder if you're talking about the same thing I've been experiencing for a while.

When going from 1st to 2nd, sometimes it feels like when I push the clutch pedal down then shift out of 1st, the shifter feels like its popping out into 2nd on its own.
Yup i feel it too, Ive never felt that on any other manual transmission that I have driven before.....but when it happens it doesnt feel bad or grinding, it actually happens pretty smothly with minimal assistance from me shifting......hhhmmmm
Old 07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Trial User

Icon3 Re: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribu

I have a 2008 Sport Fit M/T. I have driven manual transmissions for nearly 20 years. I learned on a tractor that still has it's original transmission. At 6011 miles my clutch burned out to the point that it would not engage. The service consultant at the dealership said that he had never seen such a worn clutch. The dealership replaced the clutch disc, the flywheel, the pressure plate, and both bearings for free after they claimed I caused the wear... ridiculous. Now at 17,832 miles my clutch began to slip again. The dealership says it is me causing this wear. I do not ride the clutch, have never red-lined in this vehicle, and have never stalled this vehicle. I saw a report from their tech line that stated that they were "aware" of clutch disintegration problems. As far as I can tell... this car is a piece of junk. After the care I have received from Honda, their admittance that it was "unlikely" that I caused this damage, and statements such as we know this model has problems with the Master and Slave cylinders that cause premature wear... I will never buy another Honda. They admit that there are problems with this vehicle, but they do not take responsibility when it comes to repair. The clutch may not be covered under warranty, but the parts causing the premature wear are. Sorry for the long post. Anyone else having these issues?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribu

Nope just you. Clutches do not wear like that on their own.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Trial User

Default Re: ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;) (CivicW

Originally Posted by RickyGoshDarn
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicWagonRUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, some people were putting nylon washers where it is supposedly rubbing. What worries me more is the people who took the cars on trips, and when washing the bugs off the car with a no-touch pressure washer, ended up getting chipped paint because of BUGS.

I still want a Fit, but I suppose some 3M clear paint protector stuff would be a worthy investment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I hope it's the earlier fits that does all this. But yeah I would invest in 3M clear bra if you're worried, cause I'm trying to get mine done.
Might want to try "Clear Armor" - pricy but very good 3m product. I have it on one of my vehicles but not my Fit and do not know for sure if they make it for the Fit, but am sure if there are enough inquiries they will produce it.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribu

fyi, since this IS the recall thread, there is a new one out about the lowbeam headlight wiring..
Old 12-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 614 Likes on 486 Posts

'Bout time

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...2723596&page=2
Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Trial User

I have an 08 Honda Fit Spt MT, but it sounds like it has a dig box in it. I think its the Throwout bearing but im told that its a bearing in the trans itself. Oh and it has140000 miles on it, Yeah I know its alot. Need Input.... Please
Old 03-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

March 2011 Safety Recall Notice: Honda has decided that a defect, which relatest to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2009 and 2010 model year Fit vehicles. There is a potential for one or more of the four spring assemblies on the engine's VTEC system to fail which may cause the engine to stall and prevent it from being restarted.
Just received this in the mail today.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribu

Just had my 2008 FIT in for regular maintenance. I asked the tech to check the radio because the reception has been getting worse. He called back and said there is actually a bulletin out for this and is checking with the Mgr to see if it would be under warranty. Anybody have info or the number for this TSB?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DIY oil change

Don't knock me for this video. There are many who don't know how to change their own oil and I think it's sad. So I'm going to help them learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-2L1-UVKhY
Old 08-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

CHEAP DIY mods or bit of playing what can be done
(all mods just 1 of 5 stars difficulty)

1.) H emblem CF wrap
This stuff + hair dryer to heat the vinyl.

2.) RED bckgrnd

[b]3.) Viper delete[b]
All you need is Civic 95 Hatch rear hook delete.
Bit of sand paper, 3 layers of black for outdoors (all stuff is already in the paint).

4.) Shift boot and 'silver ring' CF wrap

5.) Steering wheel CF wrap

Old 01-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Trial User

Powerpig can ''WRAP'' lol, it all looks great!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by eL
I'm talking about a bucking feeling when accelerating in 1st from a dead stop.
I've felt something like that on my '09 even when coasting then hitting gas (like slowing for turn then accelerating out). I call it the "turbo lag".
Old 08-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering, does anyone know how to release child lock on all doors? I have a '10 Sport Model and it didn't come with an owners manual or any manual of any sort
Old 09-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Child locks on the rear doors can be made child proof or not by going to the open door and looking where the door lock mechanism is. The will be a small "switch" sticking out a bit below the lock mechanism that can be moved to lock or unlock position.

The front doors do not have child proof locks.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by claymore
Child locks on the rear doors can be made child proof or not by going to the open door and looking where the door lock mechanism is. The will be a small "switch" sticking out a bit below the lock mechanism that can be moved to lock or unlock position.

The front doors do not have child proof locks.
Thanks, I was also wondering about the auto unlock feature when I switch to ignition off
Old 09-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can control all the windows from the master switch by the driver too.
Old 09-18-2021, 06:46 AM
Trial User

Icon4 Re: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribu

I am wondering about a problem I recently encountered. 2018 Fit, 35000 miles, A/T. I rotated the tires recently and started to notice a rhythmic shudder under power at around 60 and gets increasingly more severe as speed increases. I thought maybe I knocked off a balance weight as I was rotating them so I got the tires rebalanced. Tires have about 2000 miles on them and are MileStar tires. Have had lots of good luck with the brand so I haven't considered poor tire quality. I rotate tires every oil change as well and inspect them while doing so. I wondered about alignment but if I am off the gas, the car is smooth as silk at and above the 60 MPH range. Typically I would think maybe something in the suspension, but that would be persistent across all speeds for the most part. Tires would be too. I go to the same shop for all my balancing so I know their quality of work as well. All suspension components are in good condition, free of road rash or damage, and OEM. Any help or ideas would be great as I don't have a ton of money to just throw at parts, but it is also well under warranty too. Thanks!!!