Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

*Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Originally Posted by micwill
yes both rails and brackets are from koenig too. the rails fit to every seat and bracket but the brackets are car specific because they have to fit to the chassis. i found a list of brackets here, its in german but you'll find the cr-v stuff on page 7:

Konsolenliste.pdf

rumors only ;-) i don't even know if recaro ever did a bracket for the cr-v. but i know that recaro seats fit on a koenig bracket. several manufacturers seem to support the 405 mm grid.

you are welcome! since the factory seats were the only thing really annoying me from the beginning, especially on longer distances, i can understand your desire for alternatives quite well. but maybe its a economic option to go with prelude seats if thats not available easily...
Awesome, thanks for taking the time and giving up the info mate cheers.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where's everyone buy their bilstein hds ? been quoted 1200 can$ by a local store, price seems a bit steep
Old 08-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bought mine from tirerack.com
Old 08-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, got my 2" lift from colorado mountain rally a few days ago and tried installing it today.. Tried and failed. A mechanic and I took the lower control arm down to get the strut and spacer in. But when it was back in place the arm did not want to go back to Its place. What do I do? I don't want to give up but we spent 4hr on the rear with no success. Do I need a tiny spring compressor on while putting the strut back in? Do they make ones u can use on the car?? Thanks for any help you guys are great!!!

Alex
Old 08-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by alex_crv01
Hey guys, got my 2" lift from colorado mountain rally a few days ago and tried installing it today.. Tried and failed. A mechanic and I took the lower control arm down to get the strut and spacer in. But when it was back in place the arm did not want to go back to Its place. What do I do? I don't want to give up but we spent 4hr on the rear with no success. Do I need a tiny spring compressor on while putting the strut back in? Do they make ones u can use on the car?? Thanks for any help you guys are great!!!

Alex
I had a go at doing the rears myself, but couldn't get the strut top to spin 90degree to line up the studs (no spring compressors made it hard lol)

So in the end gave it to the mechanic to get it done. He reckons the rears were easy enough but the front end was a huge struggle. Don't ask me how or why, but apparently wasn't that easy. Anyway all sorted in the end.

Sorry I can't be much help though, maybe one of the people on here that DIY'd the whole install can help you better.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DNYALL
I had a go at doing the rears myself, but couldn't get the strut top to spin 90degree to line up the studs (no spring compressors made it hard lol)

So in the end gave it to the mechanic to get it done. He reckons the rears were easy enough but the front end was a huge struggle. Don't ask me how or why, but apparently wasn't that easy. Anyway all sorted in the end.

Sorry I can't be much help though, maybe one of the people on here that DIY'd the whole install can help you better.
I appreciate the response! What gen do you have and where are you located?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I appreciate the response! What gen do you have and where are you located?
I'm from Australia and have a Gen 1 'sports' edition, which I believe had stiffer springs from factory. If that's true, probably would have made the job harder again.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got all 4 hd4600 from summitracing for about $600, I believe.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alex
For the rear spacers it was pretty easy for me I dropped the whole rear lca to get them on,but the fronts it was pretty hard I could only put on a 1in. Spacer. Without the spring compressor. I think you should use the spring compressor to get the spacers on.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am new to this forum (and to forums in general) and posting this without having the opportunity to have reviewed all 52 pages of this thread for information. So, sorry if I am breaking etiquette.

I own a 1998 red 4WD CRV-EX, AT, with 217,000 miles. The next two tire replacements after the original BFG 205-70-15 were with 215-75-15 ATs. I am running Kuhmo Road Venture AT 225-75-15 tires because I wanted an even bigger and more aggressive tire, but have made no modifications to the suspension. The only problem I ran into was the back tires slightly rubbing on the thin metal “fin” (I don’t know the technical name) in the wheel well. A hammer took care of that. I noticed a slight decrease in power on take off and hills, but have had no problems with the transmission or any noticeable change in gas mileage (22-23 mpg).

I am interested in lifting my CRV. I would appreciate any advice or guidance as to what the best set up would be. I have found that Old Man Emu makes a lift that may possibly give up to a 2 inch result. Any advice concerning the process, modifications, use of spacers/shocks/struts, and transmission concerns would be most helpful. I would like to go to a 235-75-15 AT if possible and I am still running the original alloy rims.

I look forward to learning from you. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't need to read the whole thread, but I strongly encourage you to go 10-15 pages back. It will take you 20 minutes to go through it, but you'll find ALL the information you need. I know for a fact that we had 2 or 3 new "lifters" this year that went through the whole process and everything was handed to them in quite a bit of detail.

Welcome to the forum and ask away once you have a bit more background on how you'd like to go about your lift.

(and if you are not willing to invest the time into the research, then you probably don't have the time to mess with lifting your car. Just sayin')

Oh, and post some pictures!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the information. I have just now begun to research about the lift. I have been occupied with removing the faded gray bumper covers and side panels and repainting them black. I also painted the faded center caps on the wheels black and the H logo red. Next to be painted are the roof rack and windshield wiper arms. When I'm finished with that I hope to post some pictures.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive been driving a ford ranger all summer with my CRV off the road, cant wait to get all new bushings / struts in it and drive it agian, im really missing it!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You guys seem pretty divided with the lift kits options. Makes me wonder how I should lift mine. Does any of you has OME springs and has negative feedbacks?

Pardon my english, I'm from QC and mainly speak french.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ I feel the same way. I was thinking about doing the ebay coilover/longer springs lift method and I've either found people who loved it or people who hated it but no middle ground
Old 08-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

overall the spacers seem to have the most satisfied people. it took me over a year to get used to my springs, overall I like them now but I still think spacers are the way to go.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FINALLY --- my CRV is in the shop getting the lift installed along with wheels/tires/etc... However, it's been about 4 hours since I last talked with them so I hope their done soon... I'm having to sit at work later than I want... ahhhhh
Old 08-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1999 crv from honolulu checking in 215/75/15 tires
Old 08-26-2014, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So spacers it is. Anybody knows where to order them? On page 7 it says summitracing but they are out of stock !!!! I want them before the winter
Old 08-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick Quick Question ----- I have the spacer lift kit from Colorado Mountain Rally... Shop called and stated that the spacers are different sizes... Is that accurate? When I received the spacers, I just opened the box and looked at only one of the spacers. I didn't look at all 4. They stated that 2 are about 3/4" smaller than the other 2. Is that accurate? Trying to get an answer from CMR but their not super fast at responding... Anyone?
Old 08-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ratt1
Quick Quick Question ----- I have the spacer lift kit from Colorado Mountain Rally... Shop called and stated that the spacers are different sizes... Is that accurate? When I received the spacers, I just opened the box and looked at only one of the spacers. I didn't look at all 4. They stated that 2 are about 3/4" smaller than the other 2. Is that accurate? Trying to get an answer from CMR but their not super fast at responding... Anyone?
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's because the front end is way heavier than the rear end. Often when you buy coilsprings the ones in the front are a little higher so it counter acts the weight of the engine. But like I said I'm not 100% sure this is the reason
Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the taller spacers go in the rear! sorry for the late reply. hope you get it figured out!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Levesky
You guys seem pretty divided with the lift kits options. Makes me wonder how I should lift mine. Does any of you has OME springs and has negative feedbacks?

Pardon my english, I'm from QC and mainly speak french.
I did the 1" lift with ome springs and monroe struts recently and i really love it. Its definitely more comfortable than stock. Go for it!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by noname87
the taller spacers go in the rear! sorry for the late reply. hope you get it figured out!
Yep. Got it.. Thanks...

I just hope everything works out. Taking the shop 2 days now to do this. The one guy said he was going to stay late and finish. I think with their normal work and then this being a little harder then they expected - I sort of feel bad but their getting paid pretty well... I'm having a few other things done as well. I'm just praying nothing happens to the car once completed or momma is going to be PO'ed with the money I spent.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You lucky b. I went on their website and they are out of stock, can't order 'em. Probably going to get some OME with Monroe's now. Any of you had problem with balljoints after lifting?

Quick Reply: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*