Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

4TH GEN PRELUDE MANUAL CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4TH GEN PRELUDE MANUAL CONVERSION

youre all thinking the same thing: "Ok, this has been covered a million times on the web." I have read every post in every single forum discussing this swap and let me tell you that NOT A SINGLE ONE is complete. not one bit. with that being said, i have come here in search of your help, only if you are knowledgeable. please don't waste my time and refer me to some other forum (unless you just created it and you know that it is ACTUALLY true and complete). now, everybody swears that the manual mount will work and that everything is okay and no problems will arise. no. i am quite frustrated because honestly i feel like the people who made the write ups HAVE NOT DONE THE SWAP. crazy but its the only way they would feel sure of adding the information they do. ill start with what i have done so far, because it is actually straight forward. the manual shifter, linkage, and transmission are all in place. problem: tranny mount BRACKET welded to the FRAME is designed for the AUTO mount. the hole is slightly down and to the right. no the manual mount does not fix this. if you think that, you have not looked at it with both eyes. i am considering drilling the hole that most people have to do. tips please? secondly, what is the deal with the clutch pedal? instead of saying "mount the master cylinder to the firewall and bolt the pedal assembly to the other side" tell me something specific. many people don't know that spacers must be used in order to allow the master cylinder all of its play. don't risk someone taking your advice and burning their clutch away and slipping gears as a result of you trying to look smart. please. this has got to be the most intricate part of the swap because it controls the most important part.. THE CLUTCH. much time and care must be spent on this part. i have added the spacers to allow the pedal to be depressed all the way to the floor. my question is, how do i know if the pedal has enough play? i desperately do not want to finish the swap and then find out that my clutch doesn't engage and disengage the way it should. lastly, someone, please provide LOCATION and COLOR of the wires that need to be modified for the reverse lights to work. yes i have read many forums about that part specifically. every vehicle's harness is different. i need the colors and location of the wires that i will be connecting for the 4th gen prelude. accord and 4th gen preludes are DIFFERENT STOP TRYING TO HELP BY NOT HELPING. i dont even need to talk about any other part of the swap because it has all been done. i need the motor and tranny to be level and mounted well, my clutch to work as it should, and for my lights to work. to those reading this, i am very appreciative of your help and time. my frustration comes from the fact that i cannot find a single write up ANYWHERE that just actually describes it. someone is constantly referring the person elsewhere and i find no help...sorry.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 4TH GEN PRELUDE MANUAL CONVERSION

The swap is and will be a pain in the rear end haha in in the middle of the same swap. Please pm me and I will swap info with you.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 4TH GEN PRELUDE MANUAL CONVERSION

Originally Posted by Z99doc
The swap is and will be a pain in the rear end haha in in the middle of the same swap. Please pm me and I will swap info with you.
i got the swap done and the car running on wednesday. so worth it. can you help me out with the reverse switch wiring? need my lights to work back there again lol. ill swap info any time