Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

First EP3, with a few concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First EP3, with a few concerns.

So i went to the EP3 forum and i have to say, it's awful. Made a post about 2-3 days ago and only one reply that had nothing to do with what i made it about. Only reason I'm complaining is because i have a few concerns about my new car, as well as progress updates. So here goes nothing:
Hello from WNC! Here with my first EP3, and to make it better my first Honda! A few pixxxxx shown below of this beauty, paint is in gr88 shape and it's the perfect amount of power to help zip from home to work on a daily basis. I bought it from an area FOUR hours away, but i get what i bargained for. Came with a 'Type R Front Bumper' that looks oddly more like a Mugen front lip... The guy said it has stock suspension but when i looked behind the wheels today i saw Tein, now im not complaining about Tein, i know they're at least decent. But is this actually the stock suspension that comes with the EP3? Or is this after market.
Previous owner did a windshield jet, and rear wiper AND MOTOR delete. Just got those fixed and put in today. My detailing could only do so much for the wheels so im getting them re-painted to match the car.(Rota Torque 17") The hood and top were painted blaaaaaaaaaaack with some cute red accents that i really dig. Also has a Kenwood DDX419 in it. OEM windshield jets didn't have the greatest instructions although it's just plop them in and connect the hose. I put them in with the white dot on the sides of each pointing inward, is this correct? Also have quite a creaky clutch pedal, what would i do to go about fixing this. Not necessarily an issue but it's extremely annoying.
For any answers to my questions that involve making purchases or fixing things in certain ways, or and tips you have i would like to make one note. I am NOT going to rice this car. I am NOT going to spend as little money as i can to make this car eventually look like complete garbage. I will be spending good money to make this car look better than it did when it was made.
Thanks for your time and thanks for the advice and tips in advance.
P.S. I know im missing a lug nut, i bought the wrong sized lug nuts (Muteki Super Tuner Closed). Working on fixing the hub screw tomorrow.
P.S.S. Go Brazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!!
-Bosley.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: First EP3, with a few concerns.

Your clutch pedal is creaking either because the slave cylinder and fork need grease or because your master cylinder is creaking and needs grease...or replace it with an EM2 unit.

Nobody answered your question because your post is a lot of rambling and barely any answerable questions. What is your question/questions?
Old 06-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by B serious
Your clutch pedal is creaking either because the slave cylinder and fork need grease or because your master cylinder is creaking and needs grease...or replace it with an EM2 unit.

Nobody answered your question because your post is a lot of rambling and barely any answerable questions. What is your question/questions?
Sorry, this was the day after i took the car home so the excitement got to my head. Ill try this a bit more simplistically than.
Is the stock suspension on an 04 EP3 Tein?
What should i do about the creaky clutch?
Last guy did a shitty job painting the Rotas white, the original color was similar to matte black. If i sand down what i can and slap some paint remover is it going to remove the original matte color as well?
Did i install the jets correctly? (white dots pointed in)
Old 06-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. No it is not stock for an ep3.
2. As B serious said, grease should work, worked for me.
3. Ya if you sand too hard you might end up scratching the original paint.
4. Looks like it. Does it spray evenly onto your window?

Looks clean. If it were me I'd remove the dice and that dashboard, or paint it.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, I was wondering about this too. How easy is it to grease up the cylinder/fork? Anyone happen to know of a DIY off top of the head? I'll be putzing around looking in the meanwhile.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a known issue: the problem is that the cylinder is slightly too large, and the squeaking/clicking you get is it rubbing a little when the clutch is depressed. This will not affect the life of the cylinder, but is slightly annoying. You can try and grease it to see if it will reduce or eliminate the noise, or replace it with the updated part.