Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Extensive DB V6 Build - Paddle Shifter on the Wheel!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Extensive DB V6 Build - Paddle Shifter on the Wheel!

Originally Posted by NecroFIesh
Tons of time, effort, work invested in this project, jesus...I swapped a k20 in my Integra back in 2011 and while I put a lot into my own project besides just the motor, (ITR parts, GSR leather interior, full audio, 5 lug) I didn't even come close to all the work you've accomplished thus far. Great job, keep it up.

Here's a link to my build thread on k20a.org if you're interested - http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83948

ps - Hit me up if you need anything Honda/Acura OEM, I just switched over to Honda of Chantilly parts department after 7 years at Acura. I can get you anything still available. VA represent!!
Thanks man, and the only things I am needing right now that I know of is the USDM ITR carbon ash tray surround piece and then maybe down the line the shifter surround piece, if anyone knows of any for sale!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Phat4Door
Thanks man, and the only things I am needing right now that I know of is the USDM ITR carbon ash tray surround piece and then maybe down the line the shifter surround piece, if anyone knows of any for sale!
I can get the ash tray surround for $25 and the shifter bezel for $135 from our Georgia warehouse. Holler at me if you're interested.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tons of time, effort, work invested in this project, jesus...I swapped a k20 in my Integra back in 2011 and while I put a lot into my own project besides just the motor, (ITR parts, GSR leather interior, full audio, 5 lug) I didn't even come close to all the work you've accomplished thus far. Great job, keep it up.

Here's a link to my build thread on k20a.org if you're interested - http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83948

ps - Hit me up if you need anything Honda/Acura OEM, I just switched over to Honda of Chantilly parts department after 7 years at Acura. I can get you anything still available. VA represent!!
I might need some parts...

- DM
Old 04-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dmemenza
I might need some parts...

- DM
PM me, let's keep this thread on topic
Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PM me, let's keep this thread on topic
Relax chief....

Phat4Door, can't wait to some some more pics my man! Keep up the great work...

- DM
Old 05-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, update time, sorry no pictures, too busy actually being able to get stuff accomplished. Got my driver side axle made, used 03 CL inners and outters and used an 87 Accord passenger side shaft to assemble it, for the passenger side I was able to just use a factory 03 CL pass axle, keep in mind I am 36mm JDM ITR suspension. Next I got the fuel line and return line secured under the car with padded clamps and pop rivets. Also got all of my harness from Don installed, all the paddle shifters wired up, etc. Only thing I need to do to be able to start the car is throw the subframe back in it, put fluids in it, and and put the j pipe on, then I should have a video of it firing up.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep up the awesome work man! Can't wait to see the video of start-up!
Old 05-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ +1
Old 05-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The first start up
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's awesome. Congrats!!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Today I did my complete brake line tuck, fixed all the leaks, which turned out to be just not tightened enough fittings ( didn't have to remake any lines or reflare anything I had done previously). Once that was done I threw the air boxes for the heat/ac back behind the dash, then put in the carpet. Once that was in put the dash in for the last time and bolted it down, then i bolted in the drivers JDM Recaro. At this point I unloaded it from my car trailer where I work on it since I have no garage at home and gravel driveways and started it up and actually drove it for the first time in 8 or so years! The car is far from done but it is a huge step forward!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome congrats on your progress dude
Old 07-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update time, sorry for the lack of pictures recently, I've been too focused on getting stuff done to grab the camera with my greasy hands haha. Anyways, today was a busy day for me, got my alignment this morning, then went and got my kteller 3" exhaust put on by my buddy who works at the local exhaust shop. From there I went to the DMV and registered my car, got it tagged, insured, and then went and got an inspection. I must say, I have some kinks to work out but it runs good. Apparently my tach adapter from Don @ RPM Systems was one of the misprogrammed ones, no biggie, he is taking care of me as we speak, no questions asked, once again, highly recommend him. My front driver caliper froze on me one time, but luckily unfroze and hasn't done it again since. Also had an issue with my inline circuit breaker from my battery, replaced it with another one from the house, problem solved. Lastly, and my biggest issue, my speedometer.... I am getting no reading at all on the AP2 cluster, I have the speedohealer, have a direct wire from a9 on my auto ecu going to the wire on the speedohealer, still no reading. I have my ODB scanner hooked up through my phone on Torque and it shows a speed reading so I know my ecu is seeing the speed sensor, just not my cluster...any ideas?
Old 07-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Phat4Door
Update time, sorry for the lack of pictures recently, I've been too focused on getting stuff done to grab the camera with my greasy hands haha. Anyways, today was a busy day for me, got my alignment this morning, then went and got my kteller 3" exhaust put on by my buddy who works at the local exhaust shop. From there I went to the DMV and registered my car, got it tagged, insured, and then went and got an inspection. I must say, I have some kinks to work out but it runs good. Apparently my tach adapter from Don @ RPM Systems was one of the misprogrammed ones, no biggie, he is taking care of me as we speak, no questions asked, once again, highly recommend him. My front driver caliper froze on me one time, but luckily unfroze and hasn't done it again since. Also had an issue with my inline circuit breaker from my battery, replaced it with another one from the house, problem solved. Lastly, and my biggest issue, my speedometer.... I am getting no reading at all on the AP2 cluster, I have the speedohealer, have a direct wire from a9 on my auto ecu going to the wire on the speedohealer, still no reading. I have my ODB scanner hooked up through my phone on Torque and it shows a speed reading so I know my ecu is seeing the speed sensor, just not my cluster...any ideas?
Problem fixed, just needed a calibration loaded into the speedohealer for it to work...duh, thanks Don @ RPM Systems for the help!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Short update before we get 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow. I have been driving her off and on over the last few months. Some small issues here and there but for the most part it has been running ok, yesterday I finally felt like she was running 100%. I went to go get a tire put on a wheel for my wife's car from a buddy of mine 's work who is a member of our car club, Sick N Twisted Kustoms. It was the first time he had seen the car since it was back on the road, he said to get on it as I left, so I stomped it pulling out, smokes the tires through third gear with ease.... Anyways....here are some current pictures of the car.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, very nice job. You should certainly be patting yourself on the back....A++ for doing something original and unique. Progress looks awesome!

Thanks,

- DM
Old 11-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Dammit. I was hoping for a video....
Old 01-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK, finally an update with some pictures, got a bunch of parks from Prank Parts, I've had the air assist delete kit since shortly after getting the car up and running, no pictures of that for now, next update I promise though. I just got the IAB butterfly delete kit to remove the butterfly's and the unsightly actuator from the bay as well as the power steering adapter kit and hose. Should have the PS up and on in the next few days weather depending. I also flipped my EGJ2 mounts upside down and lifted my engine up off the ground some so I'm not bottoming out a million times every time I drove. Since the auto tranny is a little longer than the 6MT I had to notch the frame rail and box it in with angle iron and then modify my mount I got from Don @ RPM Systems some. This resulted in having to cut my hood, but I've come to terms with that, I needed the engine up off the asphalt! Anyways on to the pictures!

Old 02-18-2021, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I'm refocused on the j swap again, it's sat in my back yard neglected for too long! The red EK in some of the photos, well my buddy was ready to part with it, and made me a deal I couldn't refuse, and since I did all the work to it, I knew its worth/value, and he knew it was going to the right person. In July 2020, my wife, kids, and I drove and spend the weekend in Nashville (COVID hotspot at the time) and did the tourist **** with what few things that were open. We then drove over to Ft. Campbell KY to spend the evening with him and his family, and get the car. Long story short, built/sleeved b18c1 turbo on e85, making about 440 on 18lbs. Fun car....but I've relit the flame on the J32 and decided I am going to get the supercharger on their this year, even with the car being auto, it's gonna happen, stay tuned!
Old 02-18-2021, 05:00 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Awesome bro.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

I love the steering wheel and shifter setup! awesome build dude!