Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

*Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

if you're running just the lift spacers, there isn't a need for the camber kits. both my front and rear wheels are fine. you have to adjust toe on the rear once the lift is in but that's it
Old 07-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Ingals in the rear - they are holding up quite well. But those are pricey.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I justed finish lifting the front 2 inches. Will post pictures tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No the best pictures
Old 07-22-2014, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by noname87
if you're running just the lift spacers, there isn't a need for the camber kits. both my front and rear wheels are fine. you have to adjust toe on the rear once the lift is in but that's it
That's what i read befor the lift spacers were installed. Managed to get the front ok, but the rear needed some camber adjustment and a LOT of toe adjustment. Had to cut out the Toe arm mounting holes longer in order to get the toe settings correct.

Rear camber arms were needed otherwise it would of had too much negative camber, probably not 'too much' for most, but wanted to get the alignment settings as close to stock as possible.

Not sure why my car had issues with wheel alignment more than others to be honest, but got it sorted in the end. I have ordered Hardrace rear camber arms to replace these. Had them on my racecar for years without issues so should be fine for the CRV
Old 07-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civiceg94
No the best pictures
Looks Great! still waiting for my spacers from CMR they said end of month so. Anyway i want to keep the stock wheels I really like them, do you if I will have any rubbing issues with the 225/75-16?

also how is the ride? notice any changes besides the height?

Great Job
Old 07-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think you will have some rubbing like me. Maybe less or more dont hold me on that. I think the problem is the height of the tire being 75 sidewall. Maybe a 70 it would not have issue. But a hammer should fix the rubbing i have. When i get my custom spacer for the front ill try to fix it. The ride is pretty good but yet again i have 50 psi in the tires. Its a pretty decent ride not race car like but i love it. Power did go down when the a/c is on. Highway feels better. My mpg is around 19. Am also going to wharton state forest next friday to get on so e trail to test this thing out.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think you will have some rubbing like me. Maybe less or more dont hold me on that. I think the problem is the height of the tire being 75 sidewall. Maybe a 70 it would not have issue. But a hammer should fix the rubbing i have. When i get my custom spacer for the front ill try to fix it. The ride is pretty good but yet again i have 50 psi in the tires. Its a pretty decent ride not race car like but i love it. Power did go down when the a/c is on. Highway feels better. My mpg is around 19. Am also going to wharton state forest next friday to get on so e trail to test this thing out.
That's what my backup plan is 225/70-16
But just to be clear you don't have any issues with the width right? And where/when is your rubbing? Front only? Anyway I'm in northern jersey I should definitely take a ride down there when everything is finished. And yes the a/c kills any bit of power we ever had. There are a few car meets up here every week it would be cool to roll in together if your ever up north!
Old 07-26-2014, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The width i dont have any issue my wheels pop out. Since their low offset. Avioding if their was any chance rubbing on the inside. Which i think would still be fine. Because my orignal plan was to run 225/75/16 with the stock wheels rubbing is in the front only rears are fine.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The width i dont have any issue my wheels pop out. Since their low offset. Avioding if their was any chance rubbing on the inside. Which i think would still be fine. Because my orignal plan was to run 225/75/16 with the stock wheels rubbing is in the front only rears are fine.
OK cool I really appreciate all the help. And I definitely want to keep the stock wheels and from the calculations ive done there shouldnt be rubbing width wise even with stock rims. But where in the front are you rubbing? on the bumper or??

Thanks
Old 07-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I use that website to have an idea what i was planning to do
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Am rubbing on the back side of the front tire on the body of the jeep it self. Thats what need some extra hammering on the bumper i had to trim
Old 07-26-2014, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I use that website to have an idea what i was planning to do
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Am rubbing on the back side of the front tire on the body of the jeep it self. Thats what need some extra hammering on the bumper i had to trim
If you have a minute could you send a pic? Of where you cut and where you hammered! Also is it only when you go over a bump or???

Thanks and that website is great!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Send the pictures to the number you sent me over pm
Old 08-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i finally managed to get the lift done:

installled ome liftsprings (1") and monroe adventure 4x4 struts. i can say the ride is quite comfy, if not a bit too soft. not sure now if i shouldn't have gone with bilsteins but anyway...

i also changed another major drawback of the car: the stock seats are quite annoying in my opinion, i replaced them through a set of koenig seats in the front, stiffer, ergonomic and designed for long distance travelling without pain. a huge improvement so far.

see the lift:

and the seat:

the lift is quite noticable. next thing to do is changing stock tires to smthing slightly bigger. i tend to some AT 215/75 r15 on stock rims.

thanks everybody for the advice, made decicions easier...
Old 08-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have also switched out my factory front seats. did not find them comfortable at all. i have installed 4th gen prelude seats to keep a factory honda look
Old 08-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pics or it didnt happen
Old 08-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Trial User

Hey guys! In the market for a cr-v for some soft off-roading. Mainly just to get to some good hunting places! Just wondering what everyones preference is, manual or auto transmission. First post hope it's not in the wrong place. Cheers guys, Jack.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Skillachie
Pics or it didnt happen
asking for pics of my seats?

Name:  ekwtvaQ.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  82.0 KB
Attachment 523750
Old 08-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yep
How long have you had them in cuz I can see snow in the background
Old 08-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by micwill
and the seat:

Looks great man, looks like more than a 1" lift

But am interested in which seat rails you used to install those front seats? looks like they are sitting up high like they should be.

Any info on the rails used?

Thanks man
Old 08-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Skillachie
Yep
How long have you had them in cuz I can see snow in the background
apparently 6 months ago according to imgur. that's what it says for upload date at least. used the crv rail on the prelude seat
Old 08-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DNYALL
Looks great man, looks like more than a 1" lift

But am interested in which seat rails you used to install those front seats? looks like they are sitting up high like they should be.

Any info on the rails used?
the lift is only 1", i measured before and after ;-)

the seats are based on a 3 tier model:
first there is a bracket based on a 405mm grid which is specific for the model of the car, in that case the crv rd1
then there is the rails, they are the same for all koenig seats.
third there is the seat itself.

rails and bracket can be assembled in 3 different heights, i was choosing the lowest position. as such they are a bit lower than default, also a bit more in the back, which is great since i am 1,90m and have long legs ;-)

those are two different seats, driver is a k330, the second one a k830. both have adjustable lumbarspine support.

those seats are incredible expensive if bought new, but i could get hold of them cheap through ebay. the brackets i had to order from the manufacturer, getting them second hand is quite impossible and unlikely. i heard that recaro car specific consoles fit too, if they follow the 405mm grid.

hope that answers your question.

Last edited by micwill; 08-06-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the factory prelude seats have lumber adjustment also along with a little lever on the side to fine tune the recline adjustment. best decision i've made so far
Old 08-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by micwill
the seats are based on a 3 tier model:
first there is a bracket based on a 405mm grid which is specific for the model of the car, in that case the crv rd1
then there is the rails, they are the same for all koenig seats.
third there is the seat itself.

those are two different seats, driver is a k330, the second one a k830. both have adjustable lumbarspine support.

i heard that recaro car specific consoles fit too, if they follow the 405mm grid.

hope that answers your question.
Thanks for the info mate, so am i reading it right? the rails you are using are from the Konig brand as well, or are they from a seperate company? I went to Konig's website and they refer to the 'seat bracket list' but couldn't find it on their website at all :/ lol

Also, what are you referring to when you say you "heard recaro specific consoles fit"?

Sorry for the million questions, but I am really keen to throw some 'better' seats in the CRV at some point in the future and there doesn't seem to be many off the shelf options.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info mate, so am i reading it right? the rails you are using are from the Konig brand as well, or are they from a seperate company? I went to Konig's website and they refer to the 'seat bracket list' but couldn't find it on their website at all :/ lol
yes both rails and brackets are from koenig too. the rails fit to every seat and bracket but the brackets are car specific because they have to fit to the chassis. i found a list of brackets here, its in german but you'll find the cr-v stuff on page 7:

Konsolenliste.pdf

Also, what are you referring to when you say you "heard recaro specific consoles fit"?
rumors only ;-) i don't even know if recaro ever did a bracket for the cr-v. but i know that recaro seats fit on a koenig bracket. several manufacturers seem to support the 405 mm grid.

Sorry for the million questions, but I am really keen to throw some 'better' seats in the CRV at some point in the future and there doesn't seem to be many off the shelf options.
you are welcome! since the factory seats were the only thing really annoying me from the beginning, especially on longer distances, i can understand your desire for alternatives quite well. but maybe its a economic option to go with prelude seats if thats not available easily...

Quick Reply: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*