Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

HONDA CBR250RR

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:09 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: (187Chor)

i think the point you keep missing, quite badly, is that even though people are giving you ****, the advice they are giving is good. there are a lot of experienced riders here trying to tell you to learn how to ride first, on a proper beginner bike, and then worry about "expressing" yourself with your wild-eyed hair-brained break-from-the-norm ******y mod ideas.

that means getting a ninja250, or a 500r, or maybe even a sv650 if you think you can handle it, and ride for a few months, then worry about "accessorizing" it and "reflect your current attitude".

its time to man up and quit defending yourself on an internet message forum. its pathetic. (albeit highly entertaining for those of us who have been around long enough). just take the lumps and move on. you should be so lucky to get any advice at all - try asking these questions on a sportbike forum and you would probably get ignored altogether.

or you can keep it up.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (falcongsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falcongsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think the point you keep missing, quite badly, is that even though people are giving you ****, the advice they are giving is good. there are a lot of experienced riders here trying to tell you to learn how to ride first, on a proper beginner bike, and then worry about "expressing" yourself with your wild-eyed hair-brained break-from-the-norm ******y mod ideas.

that means getting a ninja250, or a 500r, or maybe even a sv650 if you think you can handle it, and ride for a few months, then worry about "accessorizing" it and "reflect your current attitude".

its time to man up and quit defending yourself on an internet message forum. its pathetic. (albeit highly entertaining for those of us who have been around long enough). just take the lumps and move on. you should be so lucky to get any advice at all - try asking these questions on a sportbike forum and you would probably get ignored altogether.

or you can keep it up.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude i dropped the turbo idea back on page 2 infact it wasnt even a plan i just ASKED if anyone had done it...
and i know im a beginner and thats why my defence was i want a 250 when everyone was sayin get something bigger..

and so my original question still remains... CBR250RR good? bad? whats the deal?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:22 AM
What is this crap?

no idea. they dont sell them in the US. try asking here http://www.sportbikes.ca/forum/index.php
Old 12-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 187Chor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and so my original question still remains... CBR250RR good? bad? whats the deal?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not a very good beginner bike. Brakes are too powerful, handling and riding position is agressive, and it is rare.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 187Chor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and so my original question still remains... CBR250RR good? bad? whats the deal?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have rode one a few times, I'm in love with it. Great handling, really light. It's full on race replica bike, so it's not gonna be comfortable for long rides. If in good shape can get 190-200 km/h (unrestricted).

It's a great bike, the only problem I see are getting parts for it. Don't know how is the situation in Canada.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chris y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not a very good beginner bike. Brakes are too powerful, handling and riding position is agressive, and it is rare.</TD></TR></TABLE>word, its gonna suck when you drop it
Old 12-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (...rohit)

187Chor

Welcome to the Motorcycles Forum on Honda-Tech. This is the place where everyone thinks alike, and if you don't think like them you're a squid / noob. The only person that is really helpful here is EGlovr. Everyone else is striveing to be a bigger dick than the next guy, only because they'll get the living **** beat out of them if they act like how they act here, in real life.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:41 PM
What is this crap?

Default Re: (Nameless Warrior)

hahahahahah thread saved!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chris y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not a very good beginner bike. Brakes are too powerful, handling and riding position is agressive, and it is rare.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i figured the riding position on most sport bikes is aggressive being they are sport bikes? am i wrong? i guess i would like one with a better stance that doesn't feel like its gonna kill my back but i dont want a cruiser.. i guess if the tradeoff to a nice bike is not being able to ride it too long ill deal with it.. unless there is a 250 sport bike with a more comfortable riding stance....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Starscream &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's a great bike, the only problem I see are getting parts for it. Don't know how is the situation in Canada.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've contacted a local importer of jdm parts and vehicles.. he usually deals with just engines and cars but he said a bike isn't a problem but did mention that it was a rare bike....... and it will cost me around $5900..

Old 12-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ninja 250....very comfy bikes
Old 12-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 187Chor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've contacted a local importer of jdm parts and vehicles.. he usually deals with just engines and cars but he said a bike isn't a problem but did mention that it was a rare bike....... and it will cost me around $5900..

</TD></TR></TABLE>
yikes, that's the deal breaker right there.
For that kind of cash you could get a new sv650. That's way too much money for a "beginner bike."
I think one of the biggest factors of a "beginner bike" is value, not just power vs weight.
As we have all seen lots of people start on undesirable beginner bikes, including myself, and have gotten away ok, but the biggest issue is that as a beginner you are very likely to make mistakes, drop the bike, maybe lay it down, and if that bike costs a lot to repair then suddenly you're spending a lot of money on a steep learning curve.

If a 250 is what you want then i suggest the ninja 250 because it's cheap as hell. Maybe even one of their new ones, which is still cheap as hell, but really good looking, and after sitting on one, i'm sold.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rdblckSV650S)

A CBR250RR, FZR250, GSX-R250 or ZXR-250 aren't anything like a Ninja250. Those JDM bikes are true race replicas, with more power, better handling, better brakes, etc. But just enough to not get you in any real trouble like a 600 would do.

The only problem is the price. If I were in the US or Canada, I would get something else for that kinda of money. But in countries where parts are plentiful, and the price is right, they're great choices.

I am on the market for one, because you can get them pretty cheap here in Venezuela. The only problem I'm seeing, is that parts availability is not the best, because many importers decided it's a better profit to sell cheap chinese bikes than imported JDM used sportbikes. Also keep in mind, the newest of those machines are from 99...most of the ones I see for sale are models from the late 80's, early 90's...and many of them are pretty abused by now, so keep that in mind.

Also, depending on the country, the bike "year" is not the real year the bike was made, but the year where it was imported in the country. So it's not unusual to see like a first gen CBR250 Hurricane being sold as a "2000" when it's really a 1989.

If you want a cheap "sporty" bike, get the Ninja250. There in North America you can't go wrong with it.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Starscream)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Starscream &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A CBR250RR, FZR250, GSX-R250 or ZXR-250 aren't anything like a Ninja250. Those JDM bikes are true race replicas, with more power, better handling, better brakes, etc. But just enough to not get you in any real trouble like a 600 would do.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

id actually be happy to take any one of those 4 bikes.. the kawasaki or honda prefered.. the lil bit more power , better handling, and better brakes also make it more desirable once i will have learned to ride... and exactly like u said its just enuff to keep me outta real trouble like a 600 u read my mind dude..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Starscream &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also, depending on the country, the bike "year" is not the real year the bike was made, but the year where it was imported in the country. So it's not unusual to see like a first gen CBR250 Hurricane being sold as a "2000" when it's really a 1989.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

theres a dealer right by my house who has a 1989 CBR250R not the RR but from what i hear the motor is the exact same as the RR (45hp) infact its better because all the RR's made after 1993 were factory limited to 40hp, and the redline is only 1000rpm less (18,000) and the seating position is semi comfortable..
the asking price is $3000.. i might consider it if the fairings from the MC22 could be swapped over..
Old 12-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the asking price is $3000..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, with 2000$ you can get a MUCH newer Ninja250. I see no much sense in getting a grey import, specially a VERY old one when you can get a similar bike, but in much better condition for even less cash.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:10 PM
What is this crap?

Default Re: (Starscream)

yeah but thats not unique enough
Old 01-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont want a new 250 i want one that screams like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated
Old 01-05-2008, 08:28 AM
What is this crap?

I don't want a pickle
Just want to ride on my motorsickle
And I don't want a tickle
'Cause I'd rather ride on my motorsickle
And I don't want to die
Just want to ride on my motorcy...cle

It was late last night the other day
I thought I'd go up and see Ray
So l went up and I saw Ray
There was only one thing Ray could say, was:

I don't want a pickle
And I don't want to die

This song is about the time that I was ridin' my motorcycle.
Going down a mountain road, at 150 miles an hour, playin'
my guitar. On one side of the mountain road there was a
mountain, and on the other side there was nothin' - there was
a cliff in the air.

Now, when you're going down a mountain road at I50 miles
an hour you gotta be very careful, especially if you're playin'
a guitar. Especially if that guitar is an acoustic guitar.
Because if it's an acoustic guitar, the wind pressure is greater
on the box side than on the neck side, because there's
more guitar on the box side. I wasn't payin' attention ..

Luckily I didn't go into the mountain - I went over the cliff.
I was goin' at 150 miles an hour sideways and 500 feet down
at the same time.

I knew it was the end. I looked down, I said ''Wow! Some
trip". I thought it...well I knew it was...I knew it was my last
trip, and in my last remaining seconds in world,I decided
to write one last farewell song to the world.

Put a new ink cartridge in my pen. Took out a piece of paper.
I sat back and I thought awhile. Then I started writin':
I don't want a pickle

And I don't want to die
Just want to ride on my motorcy ...cle."

I knew that, it wasn't the best song l ever wrote, but I didn't
have time to change it. I was comin' down mighty fast.

But as you all know, and as fate would have it, I didn't die. I
landed on the top of a police car. And he died. I drove away
on the road that he was on. I came into town at a screamin'
175 miles an hour, playin' the motorcycle song.

I came into town, I jumped off my bike, the bike went around
the corner by itself, went up on the stand by itself, turned
itself off.

I walked over to my friend. He was standin' there eatin'
pickles. I said "Hi, what's happenin'?" He looked at me in the
eye and said "Nothin'".

You gotta sing it with that kind of enthusiasm. Like you just
squashed a cop...

I don't want a pickle
And I don't want to die

Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HONDA CBR250RR

Back here after 6 years....
funny reading those posts all over again...
anyways WHO WANTS TO BUY A CBR250RR im selling mine.
located inToronto/Gta
Old 07-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HONDA CBR250RR

Originally Posted by 187Chor
Back here after 6 years....
funny reading those posts all over again...
anyways WHO WANTS TO BUY A CBR250RR im selling mine.
located inToronto/Gta
How much? Pics?
Old 09-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: (falcongsr)

Originally Posted by Evil Smile
Dude i usually dont bash on people and try to help as much as i can. but you sound like the biggest idiot on earth
^^^^^^who buys a 600cc or liter bike when they can buy a 250 and turbo it bruh? haha