Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

AWD Integra GSR build

Old 06-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AWD Integra GSR build

yea didnt work as well on the hub. but i got it to work in the end.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its out. Its not done but its rolling. Gotta button up the interior and align the back wheels. Its got some crazy camber and toe in the rear but its all adjustable. I left it loose so I could see how it sits on the ground. Pretty nice actually. But I still need my shafts. Also there's some wierd issues with the shifter I gotta figure out. But now I can clean the garage so I don't have to roll around in metal shavings. But looks like the project may take a back seat while I swap trannies in the wife's car. And like I said before, it really doesn't look like much on the outside. I've put off making it pretty until I'm done tinkering.
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2014, 05:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

cot damn dis gon be good
Old 07-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You at JBLM or one of the Naval bases?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Doesn't look bad, almost like a hotrod. coilover suspension can fix that. Might wanna check out the CRV section to see what those guys are using to lower there CRV's.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bangor. And interestingly enough the rear struts are off of a 91 crx. Stock length. The fronts are lowered and the struts are worn out.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Fish Twig

Originally Posted by Blackhalo6
Bangor. And interestingly enough the rear struts are off of a 91 crx. Stock length. The fronts are lowered and the struts are worn out.
hahaha interesting.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I moved the car around to get the wife's car in the garage, and it leveled out a bit. I think all the bushings for the rear were clocked with the suspension unloaded which gave it an unnatural ride height. It leveled out nicely and the rake that you see in the pic is pretty much gone. The gas box doesn't scrape coming in and out of the driveway like my eclipse does so I'm not worried about clearance anymore. Oh and about the rear struts. Crv ones are way too long. And stock Integra ones don't fit in the crv lower control arm. Integra type r ones do, but parts stores don't carry them. But as it turns out 91 crx ones are exactly like itrs but 1/4 inch shorter. So they fit nice and are the right length.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Fish Twig

Can you take pics of how the rear differential sits near the ground.?
Old 07-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea at some point. Its tucked way up in there. So many other things would hit the ground first.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Ferio Wdm Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not bad, not bad at all
Old 07-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Now all I have to do is finish the fuel cell lid, put the interior back together, recarpet the trunk, put rubber liner under the car, and align the back tires. Right now I got "stance" in the rear like some teenager would think is cool. Just gotta get the wife's car done.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

updates? how much power u think those rear axles and diff can hold?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've gotta recut some of the rear end pieces. I tried giving it an alignment in the rear and maxed out the toe adjustment and came up just a wee bit short of zeroing it out. Gonna work on that this weekend. As for what it will hold? I have no idea. Sounds like the axles or the transfer case will be the weak link. If the axles break, ill just have to upgrade, spend a bunch more money, but if the transfer case does, I'm not sure what my options will be. I just plan on pushing it till I'm either happy, or something breaks.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice build, cant wait to see it finished
Old 08-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So, I lined it up the best I could without lasers and took it for a spin. I had some rubbing issues with the tire against the strut when going over speed bumps. It took me some time, but I figured out the problem and now am very happy with the results. The geometry of the suspension was off and would cause the tire to tip in as it move up into the wheel well. This was due to the opposing angles of the upper link and the LCA. When on all fours the LCA was angled down slightly forward the wheel while the upper link was angled up. As the wheel traveled up and down the top and bottom parts of the tire were on different parts of the arms' arcs. Which pulled the top of the tire in as it moved up, or bottom in as it went down. I effectively removed all changes in camber due to vertical position by shortening the extension on the trailing arm that the upper link connects to. Its very long which caused the upper link to angle opposite the LCA. Once the Lca and link were at the same angle, the tire maintained the same camber throughout its movement. I drove it around and it rides like a dream. No binding issues while making sharp turns so the rear is on track. The *** end doesn't walk which means they are in line with the front. Also no death pops from the rear, even when hitting speed bumps at around 30mph dead on and at angles. Then I ran out of gas.I walked to the house and grabbed the gas can. The gas gage doesn't work. I'm gonna have to make a circuit to convert GM meter values to Honda. I'm genuinely excited with the results and now just have to get the custom cv shafts.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So the rear end isn't putting power down yet?
Old 08-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No, I need custom lenght shafts, and they're expensive. Right now I have dummy stubs in so I can check it by driving it. Everything is set up and installed with the exception of the cv shafts and the drive shaft. The driveshaft is ready to bolt in but no point because it will burn up the rear diff. I'm rather suprised at the crv gearing. Its wound up tight and iits nice, but I can't keep traction without clutching it. Actually the gearing would be good on its own without the 4 wheel.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I subbed, this build thread reminds me of my LSVtec. Everybody was saying "this is going to fail" 'you're wasting your time" and them telling me all this excess bullshit that is "necessary". Now here I am, revving my car up to 8300 rpms and nothing has blown up yet. YET, lol. I like what you're trying to do with this and how you're just ignoring everybody's hate. I can't wait to see this final product and see how it will make WRX and Evo's look like ****.
And for those "I'm not hating, this is going to fail and hes going to put the people around him in danger" people, that is hating, shut up and stop bashing the man. Give the man good advice/criticism, not put his hopes down and I'm pretty sure he's responsible enough to test drive the car in a safe location and without bystanders or anyone in the car with him.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So here's a few pics of the inside of the trunk in case anyone was interested in how it got patched up. Needs cleaned up but it's more or less a finished product. Tomorrow I think I'm gonna take it for a spin.
Attached Images    
Old 08-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Ferio Wdm Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haaaaaaaaard!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have yeard of a hybrid Suzuki samurai/DSM axle combo using an adapter plate and the whole thing fits right in. I can PM you a link if you want
Old 08-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes please
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by HalFastTeg
I have yeard of a hybrid Suzuki samurai/DSM axle combo using an adapter plate and the whole thing fits right in. I can PM you a link if you want
Can you PM me with that info as well, or just post it up here please? I would appreciate that.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Turns out it's for the axle shaft itself and not the cv shafts. I'm needing custom cv shafts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AWD Integra GSR build