Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

gsr tear down and rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsr tear down and rebuild

ok ive got a gsr im wanting to put in my teg, im sure youve seen postings or mine recently with the problems with my ls, i bought the gsr yesterday guy said it had a knock so of course i flipped it over and pulled the oil pan, nothing is loose the bearings look fine its all as it should be i believe, so i pulled the head and found it not exactly like it should little blow by on cyl 2. not a big deal i can fix that, the valves dont look to be in the best shape but there fine just need cleaned up, id like to add that so far every bolt ive taken of this motor has been beyond tight i had to use a 3/4 with a large breaker bar and someone holding the motor so it wouldnt move just to get the head bolts loose... i can hand crank the motor and i dont hear and noises id think id hear some for of rattle or knock if there was one?? im just confused maybe the guy heard something but it wasnt a knock or maybe a bad lifter?? idk this is my first honda ive work with dozens of other car just never honda. so yea if anyone can tell me what they think the issue is
Attached Images      
Old 07-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: gsr tear down and rebuild

Your not gonna hear a knock when you hand crank the motor, you won't be moving it fast enough for it to make the noise tho you might see a difference. If your crank is good and you haven't spun any bearings just go ahead and send in the Gsr block and get it hot tanked, honed, get new piston rings, either clean the carbon off those pistons or get a new set, acl bearings, I'd recommend arp head studs, freshen the head and reassemble everything and you'll be good.