Notices
Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

cracked dash. yes, i know its common.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:33 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cracked dash. yes, i know its common.

I just picked up a 2004 TL 6speed. it had a crack already in it and of course the 2nd day i have it, another one develops. I am planning on getting a sunshade but has anyone used any products to fill in the crack and make it not so noticeable. I have seen in the parts stores that there is a repair kit but i am weary about using something like that and only making it worse.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:07 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: cracked dash. yes, i know its common.

i guess i am just going to end up getting a dash mat. has anyone purchased one? what material did you purchase and how do you like it?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:30 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a skunk2 racing aluminum dash board -rolls eyes-

have it professionally reupholstered, it'l look nicer than a rug on your dash board
Old 10-14-2014, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

contact acura, ive gotten mine replaced under a warranty. and got 75 percent paid from them. the total install was 700
Old 10-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think you can get up to 80% paid by warranty
Old 12-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got same problem with my 05. Tax time buying a new dash from acuraoemparts.com and putting in my self.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 06 has a crack on the dash, I bought the car brand new, how does the warranty work?
Old 12-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go to the dealer and ask. Or call them.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by UA6 BALLER STATUS
My 06 has a crack on the dash, I bought the car brand new, how does the warranty work?
If you're in SoCal and dont regularly bring your TL to a dealer for maintenance, Good luck getting them to do out of warranty work under goodwill consideration. Not to mention, a dealer wont consider doing warranty work on a car so far past its initial warranty period.

I tried to get my bluetooth module replaced on my 05 TL with only 74k miles on it. Even with service bulletins for reference to the issue with the failed piece and suggested repair procedures for the dealership to follow, It still got me nowhere.

Maybe you'll have better luck than me....
Old 12-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EnjoyTheRideDC2
If you're in SoCal and dont regularly bring your TL to a dealer for maintenance, Good luck getting them to do out of warranty work under goodwill consideration. Not to mention, a dealer wont consider doing warranty work on a car so far past its initial warranty period.

I tried to get my bluetooth module replaced on my 05 TL with only 74k miles on it. Even with service bulletins for reference to the issue with the failed piece and suggested repair procedures for the dealership to follow, It still got me nowhere.

Maybe you'll have better luck than me....
Did you really take service info you found online to the dealer? That's why they didn't help you. They know it's common they didn't need you to tell them.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WanaBeFaster
Did you really take service info you found online to the dealer? That's why they didn't help you. They know it's common they didn't need you to tell them.
I highly doubt the reason why I couldn't get them to goodwill the bluetooth module was because of my printed out TSB. It's not like I argued with the SA over the issue. In the end I was offered a discounted price for the module but declined since I dont think I should pay for a part that failed due to flaws in its design.

How would you have approached the dealer in a similar situation with the expectation of being successful? Consider the car is 8 years old, has not seen an Acura dealership for service in years, and only needs one issue resolved which you are asking to be done at no cost to you.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I highly doubt the reason why I couldn't get them to goodwill the bluetooth module was because of my printed out TSB. It's not like I argued with the SA over the issue. In the end I was offered a discounted price for the module but declined since I dont think I should pay for a part that failed due to flaws in its design.

How would you have approached the dealer in a similar situation with the expectation of being successful? Consider the car is 8 years old, has not seen an Acura dealership for service in years, and only needs one issue resolved which you are asking to be done at no cost to you.
You don't? The car is well out of warranty and you admittedly do not spend money at the dealership so why would expect them to cover something for you other than what they cover for anyone else? If your dash cracks I'm certain they'll help you out. Had you been a steady customer, they probably would've helped.

As a technician I am insulted when people bring info they found online. Dealer techs have unlimited resources to about the cars they service, they don't need whatever you googled.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't? The car is well out of warranty and you admittedly do not spend money at the dealership so why would expect them to cover something for you other than what they cover for anyone else? If your dash cracks I'm certain they'll help you out. Had you been a steady customer, they probably would've helped. .
Which further justifies what I said earlier...

Old 12-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just don't understand why you expect not to pay to fix a problem on a car that is out of warranty. Expect to pay for it and be pleased when you don't have to. They offered you a discounted price. That was your goodwill assistance. It's the same thing they offer with dash replacement.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just don't understand why you expect not to pay to fix a problem on a car that is out of warranty. Expect to pay for it and be pleased when you don't have to. They offered you a discounted price. That was your goodwill assistance. It's the same thing they offer with dash replacement.
You feel better now?

I never expected them to pay for anything. I already understood my car was well beyond warranty. I was simply letting another member know it was unlikely to get his dash warrantied by the dealer and used one experience as an example.

/thread
Old 12-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, didn't realize you were so on the up and up with acura warranty policies. From things you've said you didn't seem the dealership type. I'm j just trying to tell the to go get his dash fixed at a very fair price. My dealership does about 4 dash jobs a week. Doesn't seem like too many people are getting turned down.

Boy, you're bitter about that whole hfl thing. I probably have a good unit laying around, pm your info and I will mail it to you. Maybe then you'll cheer up and stop assuming every dealership is out to get you.

"/thread"