Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Si... What next?

Nice i like the look of that kit
Old 04-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Me too, since I have been searching for a 8th gen Si I have been looking at that Kraftwerks kit, everything in one, options to go further, history to back them up. My friend with a turbo B18 EG hatch said h e would be jealous if I put Kraftwerks in, for me though it will be years before I pop that thing in.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to do it this winter but I want to do a full season N/A before going FI.

I want to be able to enjoy the Si in it's purest form before making it a monster lol... Who knows I might change my mind and not do it because I will miss the feel and sounds that a N/A Si makes.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was looking at a crazy n/a build but this ordeal with camming the k20 causing tct failure is making me think twice. So I may just go full bolt ons, Flashpro, suspension, then wait to see how the tct issue plays out, if i dont like it i will use my supercharger fund to get a kmod k24 i think...
Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you guys havent seen them, they are pretty bad *** builds...
Old 04-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya the k24 is are nice builds... I just like the k20 much more...
Old 04-25-2014, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DaveSi677
if you are wanting to go s/c honestly Kraftwerks is the way to go my friend!

I will be doing it this winter
Kraftwerks sounds pretty badass, I've read up on them. It's a lot more expensive than something like the CT Engineering one, though. For the price of a Kraftwerks supercharger, it'd be tempting to just get a turbo. With the power of the Kraftwerks or a turbo and the associated lag, it seems like it'd make driving the car through the twisties not as fun (boost hitting midway through a corner, for example). I like superchargers like CT Engineering because of their more linear power delivery, simpler install, and lower cost. I'd like to get one within the next couple years.

Originally Posted by bowneracing99
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mecha...e-bogging.html this is the one i initially found...
That thread was started in '08, I would imagine any issues that it might've had would be gone by now. I know the original AEM CAI for this car also had issues which have since been taken care of.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What is the current price on going with the CT S/C vladd?

I'm actually looking forward to the winter as it will be a big project no matter which way I go.

Now I'm just going to enjoying the time attack season and take it easy haha
Old 04-25-2014, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What is the current price on going with the CT S/C vladd?

I'm actually looking forward to the winter as it will be a big project no matter which way I go.

Now I'm just going to enjoying the time attack season and take it easy haha
http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...dCategory=2562

^ not bad
Old 04-25-2014, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So it's about 3.5k which is about ~1k or a little more cheaper then the Kraftwerk kit.

vladd how does the CT kit compare to the JR s/c kit? They about the same? I haven't really done my homework on them as I was planning on going Kraftwerk from the beginning now I'm just being curious lol
Old 04-25-2014, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Kraftwerks - http://cms.kraftwerksusa.com/id/917/...ercharger-Kit/
complete bolt on kit, can come with flash pro, includes intake manifold and all necessary equipment, 340hp/215 torque when added exhaust and headers, $5400

CTE - http://www.ct-engineering.com/Produc...0/Default.aspx
requires sending ECU in for a flash to run supercharger, under 300hp no actuall power listed, also complete bolt on with manifold, web page does not list information about what comes in kit, i see listings for injectors seperatly $4200

Jackson Racing -
according to Jackson Racing webpage I only see this listed for the R18 so its kind of out of picture but has lots of options on power and ecu tunes

As I had already done my research I am still Kraftwerks all the way, im willing to spend the extra $1200 for proven performance
Old 04-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the average ct charger seems to put lightly modded cars right below 300, but i see a ton of guys around the 250 mark... Kraftwerks seems like a reliable 300+ on every car...
Old 04-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the average ct charger seems to put lightly modded cars right below 300, but i see a ton of guys around the 250 mark... Kraftwerks seems like a reliable 300+ on every car...
I concur looking at reviews with proper bolt ons, which most will have before doing supercharger, that the Kraftwerks is most reliable and has some great numbers
Old 04-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also does numbers are probably without a tune as I have seen a few 375 whp+ Si's with the KW.

Also would not need to seen ecu to get flashed from CT-E. You would absolutely need to have Hondata period to run it properly.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As for the JR kit... it's still available but it's under Moss Motors now as it says in the FAQ.

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/Vie...eIndexID=81947
Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone have a good solution for the tct's? are the aftermarket ones actually worth it, seems like if the oem has a slight gap for the piston, it would be to intentionally allow pressure through, so the oversized may be too much pressure.... anyone cammed/upgraded valves in there car and found a fix?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^i saw the preloading, and that seems like bad news written all over it, but then again i havent tried it..
Old 04-29-2014, 08:30 AM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

irrc jrsc blowers aren't available anymore, only parts. i would do more research on the kw kit...everyone that i have talked to ran into huge fitment issues. it puts you around 370 with proper supporting mods.

or find a used jrsc or ct kit and get an aftercooler and 3" pulley, if its not included. should put you around 330-340, again with proper supporting mods. keep in mind ct kits run more than jrsc kits. basically only difference is the appearance...
Old 04-30-2014, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of fitment issues have you heard of with he KW kit? I looked at one at Honda Day at Atco and it looked good to me, not a fan of the intake set up but otherwise looked pretty cake, didnt see anything about having to drill out oil lines or anything. I am digging deeper into the KW to find more information, enjoying this thread though.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One of my friend's brother has the KW kit and mention they had an issue with fitment also. I can't remember what it was but he mentioned that it didn't take long to figure out a way around it.

I'll try to ask him to add it in here.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:02 AM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by accident prone
What kind of fitment issues have you heard of with he KW kit? I looked at one at Honda Day at Atco and it looked good to me, not a fan of the intake set up but otherwise looked pretty cake, didnt see anything about having to drill out oil lines or anything. I am digging deeper into the KW to find more information, enjoying this thread though.
not sure on the specifics since im not interested in it, but having to dremel/cut stuff (unsure if body or part of kit) to fit correctly. this was recently that i heard this.

good thread here to read up on http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/super...ssion-179.html

turbo>
Old 04-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So it's about 3.5k which is about ~1k or a little more cheaper then the Kraftwerk kit.

vladd how does the CT kit compare to the JR s/c kit? They about the same? I haven't really done my homework on them as I was planning on going Kraftwerk from the beginning now I'm just being curious lol
It's been a few months since I've looked into it, but from what I remember, the CT Engineering SC is ~$3500 and the Kraftwerks is ~$5k. People get 275-300 WHP on CT and ~375 on Kraftwerks. Looking at dyno graphs, the power delivery seemed more peaky on the Kraftwerks (more like a turbo spooling up) versus being pretty linear on the CT (like a traditional supercharger). Keep in mind the type of dyno makes a big difference in power numbers.

The supporting mods make a difference too, of course. Upgrading the throttle body sounds common with Kraftwerks. Both kits require a header and exhaust but I think Kraftwerks comes with an intake while CT doesn't.

I've seen some good deals on used CT setups in the 8th classifieds, not many used Kraftwerks though.

Originally Posted by DFW
irrc jrsc blowers aren't available anymore, only parts. i would do more research on the kw kit...everyone that i have talked to ran into huge fitment issues. it puts you around 370 with proper supporting mods.

or find a used jrsc or ct kit and get an aftercooler and 3" pulley, if its not included. should put you around 330-340, again with proper supporting mods. keep in mind ct kits run more than jrsc kits. basically only difference is the appearance...
I thought I read something about JRSC not being sold anymore. Were't the JR and CT kits basically identical anyway?

Also does numbers are probably without a tune as I have seen a few 375 whp+ Si's with the KW.

Also would not need to seen ecu to get flashed from CT-E. You would absolutely need to have Hondata period to run it properly.
Yeah, a proper tune is a good idea regardless of what setup you go with.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:50 PM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vladd

I thought I read something about JRSC not being sold anymore. Were't the JR and CT kits basically identical anyway?
Correct, both are M62's. The CT kit just looks better appearance wise.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have a good solution for the tct's? are the aftermarket ones actually worth it, seems like if the oem has a slight gap for the piston, it would be to intentionally allow pressure through, so the oversized may be too much pressure.... anyone cammed/upgraded valves in there car and found a fix?
The TCT issue originates from impropely designed cams, where the exhaust and intake cams go out of phase. Your best bet is to get a decent set of cams from Drag Cartel, HyTech, Prayoonto, Brian Crower, etc. I know there is a new version of the S2 profiles but it is not clear if they resolved the issue. My tuner@IMW recommended to stay with the stock TCT as he has seen some failures with the aftermarker ones.

Right now, I have a stock tsx in my 07 SI with 3" exhaust. It makes 225 whp and 189 ft-lbs ot torque. I have BC stage 2's, supertech VT, 40 deg VTC and custom intake waiting to be installed on the 14th of May. I can report the results here if you like. One other thing, I daily this car 120 miles/day.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice i would appreciate that^ Sorry for late reply we got called to palau, and i sure as hell cant afford to pay per minute of internet over there lol

Quick Reply: New Si... What next?