Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hello from Texas, I'm going to be honest and let everyone know that I joined this site to ask questions about my son's 1993 Del Sol. He is a college student and does not have a lot of money so DAD is his pit crew and chief financial officer. I had to trailer the car home after spending a long day in a hot parking lot of a apartment complex troubleshooting the problem. The car would not start or if it did start it would die after some time. I bought a shop manual from the parts house and followed the basic troubleshooting procedures. I first noticed that the car was not getting fuel, but I had a spark. I changed the fuel filer and the car started up. After we turned it off, I lost fuel and spark. I found this site on my phone and used RonJ@HT replays in post "Re: 93 civic 1.5 NO SPARK NO FUEL" to check all of the cars components (all fuses and grounds are good). I even broke down and bought a main relay, even tho the old one checked out good, just because it sounded like that was the problem. I have spent many years building hot rods and working on cars, but my weak spot is a cars electrical system. After getting the car home I pulled the ECM and noticed a fishy smell as I took the covers off of the ECM. I also found a colored area around a capacitor and diode that looks like one of the components is leaking. An I&E friend is going to check out the old board and see if he can fix it, but where is a good place to buy a good used one and what numbers on the old board do I use? Thanks for reading and an help would be appreciate. Robert
Old 04-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Diveareef
Hello from Texas, I'm going to be honest and let everyone know that I joined this site to ask questions about my son's 1993 Del Sol. He is a college student and does not have a lot of money so DAD is his pit crew and chief financial officer. I had to trailer the car home after spending a long day in a hot parking lot of a apartment complex troubleshooting the problem. The car would not start or if it did start it would die after some time. I bought a shop manual from the parts house and followed the basic troubleshooting procedures. I first noticed that the car was not getting fuel, but I had a spark. I changed the fuel filer and the car started up. After we turned it off, I lost fuel and spark. I found this site on my phone and used RonJ@HT replays in post "Re: 93 civic 1.5 NO SPARK NO FUEL" to check all of the cars components (all fuses and grounds are good). I even broke down and bought a main relay, even tho the old one checked out good, just because it sounded like that was the problem. I have spent many years building hot rods and working on cars, but my weak spot is a cars electrical system. After getting the car home I pulled the ECM and noticed a fishy smell as I took the covers off of the ECM. I also found a colored area around a capacitor and diode that looks like one of the components is leaking. An I&E friend is going to check out the old board and see if he can fix it, but where is a good place to buy a good used one and what numbers on the old board do I use? Thanks for reading and an help would be appreciate. Robert
I would post this in the tech section so people read it
Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DOHC!

Last edited by DOHCoftheBay; 08-18-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just registered hoping to learn a few things. Just bought a 2005 Civic Si, replacing my old soccer mom '95 Accord wagon w/manual trans. I liked that old thing, all stock except KYB's and Yokohama S-drive 205/55/15's on the original rusting black steel rims. I beat the crap out of it for 10 years, beat a 911 in a hill climb, it got stolen and returned (a year later), had a dumpster dropped on it, vandalized 3 times, the last time it was good bye. boo hoo.

There are no good wagons anymore IMHO, so the hatchback was closest.
I had a '94 Civic Si years ago, was a little smallish inside, wife wrecked it for me, thanks darling. This newer 2005 EP3 is a little bigger inside, and better in most ways.

I drive kinda fast with a driving record to prove it. I must be good now, or never get caught! Doing well so far.

I plan on leaving my new to me car pretty stock. It had rotten rubber on it so I ordered some Bridgestone Potenza S-04's 205/55/16 stock size.
Will get a proper alignment when tires go on. Stock rims are fine w/me, mine are black so I guess they got painted, looks kinda stealth on the black car. These stock rims are pretty nice, don't know what other rims would really do for me other than cost $.

I can see maybe a transmission mod if it exists, it'd be nice to have a taller 5th gear, I see 4K on the Tach at 80mph, which is a bit much, but OK for now. These cars aren't that fast, don't know what the fuss is all about. It's fast enough to get into plenty of trouble though, it's all about who's driving.

I view it as a sporty short wagon that's a great DD w/good gas mileage.
I'll yank the back seat out completely, should loose a few pounds and have
better room for drum kits, dogs, gardening supplies etc..

Looking forward to the new tires, one of the most important things IMHO.

I'm 6'2" yet fit pretty well into my EP3 with the seat all the way back.
I heard that there's a seat out of another model or Acura ? that has an
adjustment to lower the seat closer to the floor ? Is this true? If yes, what is it exactly, or would I have to buy a Recaro or ? to get a little more headroom. ?

I can see why these are well liked cars, I'll admit I like it too.
I figure I'm twice the age of most of you, but have been driving FWD cars,
hard, for more than 30 years!

Cheers

Rock on.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey, i'm chuck n I used to be ugly86integra in here a long time ago but that email got hacked, so i'm back with this name
been into Honda's since the first lil 600's back when dinosaurs roamed the earth! lol
now my son and daughter help me out with steiss racing and build their own race cars too.
we're a Honda family!
glad to be back,
chuck
Old 04-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon2 Re: Member Introductions

Hello fellow Honda lovers! My name is Michael, and I have been in love with Honda's since the first time i watched ''Legend of the Type R''. Literally changed my life. I am currently building a 95 civic hatch. I have a GSR motor and trans with all the bolt ons. I intend to absorb as much knowledge as possible to make my build the best it can be. Will post pics soon. Can i attach them out of my gallery? Says enter URL?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:05 PM
Trial User

My names Chris I own a 93 prelude gonna build slowly. If you have any advice pm me. Ill post pictures throughout the build.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello everyone, my names Tom. I currently attend school in Arizona but my home is all the way back east in Hershey PA. I'm new to the world of Hondas but not necessarily the world of cars. I drive a 2010 Camaro SS but am looking to purchase a civic for autocross. I look forward to interacting with everyone on the forum. Can't wait to get started!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi Everyone My name is Eric and I live and work in up state ny. I am on my 2nd Honda now after my ex wife crashed my 1989 Honda accord. Right no I am driving a 1993 Honda accord 10th anniversty and I love this ca way to much to give it up for anyone or anything.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi All. not really into the race scene anymore but have had a couple of Hondas (accord, Prelude, Pilot) my current ride is a 2000 Accord V6 with... wait for it... 328,000 miles. Original Exhaust, shocks and lots of other things. this is my second tranny though as it is this years achilles heel. First one was free, second one was ouch $2500... but its a dependable car. Also have a 08 Pilot. but that is for the Wife. Only Hot girls Drive Pilots so I fiugured I'd keep it going. :-) Anyway. thanks for listening and have a nice day. #SummerIsAlmostHere
Old 04-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, my names Jack. I just bought a 98 Honda Accord, not the coolest Honda but it runs well enough and i really just needed a way to get around after my Ranger died on me.
Anyways, the Accords a 4 ex model. Five speed with the f23a1. These cars have absolutely no bottom end. Its heart breaking :,( but it does have 292k on the odometer and a salvaged title, although the previous owner claims the motor has been replaced (heard that before).
Currently im working part time job with full time hours, my goal is to save up and buy a 92-95 eg hatch. Preferably the si model ONLY because if im about to dump money into project for future DD use i would really like for it to have a sunroof. If it wernt for that i have honestly no care what trim level the hatch is. After i purchase the shell im going to clean the body up, strip everything out of the engine bay that doesnt need to be there, Paint the whole car, engine bay, door jams, the little crease between the sunroof glass and roof of the car an average paint shop wouldnt remove the sunroof to get to a Fuji Pearl Blue that i had seen on another members hatch on his forum. After that part is done, its off to the drive train. I want to go with a b16a2 swap with a gsr or si trans. Not sure exactly on the si trans but i know the gsr runs. Im just not sure if it can be bolted onto the B16. Im okay with keeping the car obd1. If anybody has any info on the engine harness routes i have to take im open ears. I dont plan on having the shell until june of 2014 so right now im basically scouting information resources. Naturally the cars getting lowered to. Starting with basic lowering springs and work up until the entire suspension has been redone. I like the plan! As for the accord. Thats primered white and needs a tune and has the uggliest staggered wheel setup. Ill post pics once i have some. I just need to run for a year without being a money pit. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Trial User

Hello, name is Tim. I am new to the Honda scene. Currently in the process of purchasing my first Honda for daily canyon and partial track use. The other car I drive is a 1986 Toyota Corolla.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Trial User

Hey I'm glad to be apart of the community I have a 04 RSX base ( the only one available in 150 mile radius) and have many ideas that I plan on doing to my car
S2000 front end swap, TL 3.7 v6 with s2000 tranny and rearend
Old 04-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, friends. My name is Jason, I am 34 years old, I live in Blue Springs, Mo and have been wrenching on cars since i was old enough to remember. My project now which inspired me to join this is a 1997 Civic Lx 5 spd which has been pretty challenging for me. I had the motor bored to 76mm, ran a blox guard, Vitara i think 8:5:1 pistons, eagle replica rodes, all ARP bolts and fasteners. Ebay turbo with unknown BOV and Waste gate. 1000cc injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, Skunk 2 pro intake, Skunk 2 70mm throttle body, Aem fuel rail. P28 ecu out of a 99 Civic. I have been working on it for over 2 years and am ready to get this baby on the road.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Long time listener, first time caller. I've been lurking this site for about 6 years now, soaking up all the info I've needed to do pretty much everything to my '96 Prelude. Now I finally have a good build story, so it's about time I became a member of this awesome community so I can share my progress and get feedback. I am fully versed with in the fine art of the "search" function!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, I'm pretty new to the Honda life I have had a 89 CRX for about a year now, I'm looking at doing an engine swap but don't know exactly what I wanna put in it yet. If anyone have suggestions on things I should do to my car I would be happy to listen
Old 04-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Greetings All,

I am a long time lurker and a lifetime Honda person. I am currently working on two Honda road race cars (EG and CRX) but I have worked on various motorcycles and other vehicles in the past.

I think it is time for me to share some of my work with the community. I frequently find myself on Honda-tech to look up information for my builds and I feel the time has come to put something back into the community.

I will be starting some build threads to go over some hard lessons learned and some tips and tricks I've found worked along the way.

I also have a tuning shop, CompJLT Tuning, with a friend who has a DIY turbo EF, called Honda of Fury (HoF).

Anyway, that's my introduction. See you around!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Trial User

Name is Jonathan and I love Hondas
Old 04-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Trial User

Hey everyone!
I am Kevin and i am new on this forum.Basically i am a mechanic by profession.I have my own workshop and with this also study online about the cars.So this helps me a lot about my profession.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Trial User

Whats Good, The name is Blanco

Trying to get my B16A Booster back up and running. So i decide to come this forum to help me out with any problems i come into while building my baby back on the street. Thanks ill have picture soon.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi im new to the forums. Im a long time honda owner ive had a 1999 prelude, a 1988 crx si (b16), a 2004 s2000 and now im getting back into the game cuz i just bought a 2000 civic ex coupe 5speed. The coupe has lots of issues so i figured i need some help
Old 04-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Trial User

Hi guys! Barely know anything about cars and engines to be honest but trying to absorb some of the knowledge on this forum. My current vehicle is a 2004 Honda Civic LX coupe and has served me well in college. Modifying, tuning, and building a car seems exciting and maybe after I graduate I'll save up some cash for my first "build". I do not know if most of the community on this forum has formal training to operate in their vehicle but hopefully it is not entirely necessary. My car needs the timing belt, water pump, ect changed and I was wondering if it was too difficult for my father and I to complete? /walloftext
Old 04-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Trial User

Greetings All! I recently sold my 94 Prelude Si . Just here to reminisce.

Last edited by missmylude; 05-02-2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: added model
Old 05-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Trial User

First off, thank for the add! I am an 11yr ASE Tech, 12yr ASME Certified welder/fabricator. I am currently an Apache Helicopter mechanic stationed at Fort Riley Kansas. This is my fourth Civic, and I have full intentions on doing some mods, mainly suspension and tuning.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Trial User

Hey what's up guys. My name is Tim and live in Pueblo, Co. I've looked at this site many times but starting work on my Civic, and I'm going to need some help picking out a new motor. Hope I can get some good feedback. Thanks

Quick Reply: Member Introductions