Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Tryed spray canning my car up, effd it up, so getting $1000 paintjob

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tryed spray canning my car up, effd it up, so getting $1000 paintjob

Ok so last weekend i thought it would be a good idea to spray my dc2 up with spray cans, spent 3 days sanding it, then decided to try spray it up with gloss yellow cans lol, ended up running out of spray cans and only half the car was done. I had work the next day and needed my car for work so thought **** it ill go to work with a half sprayed car, during the day i kept looking at my car at work and thought, man that looks like complete garbage.

So that night me and my friend went and bought 4litres of turps and went to washworld, washworld is a car wash place with water blasters etc, after 4hours we got all the shitty paint off and the next day in the daylight, there was still yellow streaks on the car. I was pretty pissed off so i ended up posting on facebook is there anyone that sprays cars, some dude replyed and said yep he'll do it for $1000. So yeah dropped my car off to him 3days ago, his GF sent me some progress pics just before. Hopefully have it back by wednesday. Never again am i trying to spray can my car haha. I'll post pics up of my car when its painted

Here's before pics
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

After pics as it sits now

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tryed spray canning my car up, effd it up, so getting $1000 paintjob

Oh and here's some pics what it looked like before i even attemted anything in the 1st place, its been like this for 3years and i don't know why the hell i left it in that state in the 1st place, i only payed $1900 for this 3years ago, car is a 1995 dc2 sir-G

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-19-2014, 09:01 PM
jvr
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tryed spray canning my car up, effd it up, so getting $1000 paintjob

I'm confused... It looks like an Integra from behind and a prelude/accord from the front. What car is this? Something not sold in the states?

PS- where are the pics of your half-yellow car?? =P
Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jvr
I'm confused... It looks like an Integra from behind and a prelude/accord from the front. What car is this? Something not sold in the states?

It was half yellow but i removed all the paint off it last week with turps. As you can see in the 2nd pic theres very light yellow streaks on the drivers door, thats what i couldnt get off. I get my car back in the morning so will post pics of the car painted.

The car is a 1995 sir-G dc2 integra, its from japan so i don't think you guys have them over there in the states, if you's do, somebody probably imported it from japan, you can even see the blue tag showing its a sir-G dc2 in one of them pics
Old 04-20-2014, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by jvr
Errrr... Are you trolling or are you the only person left around here who's never seen the JDM Integra front end?

OP, that thing needs some love. What happened to the rear corner there?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spAdam
Errrr... Are you trolling or are you the only person left around here who's never seen the JDM Integra front end?

OP, that thing needs some love. What happened to the rear corner there?
It is getting some love, i'll have it back in about 12hours with fresh new paintjob Havnt had my car in 5days, cant wait to get it back. Not sure what happened to the rear corner, its been like that for nearly 4years from the day i bought it.

I went n checked my car out the other day, you cant even notice the rear corner anymore, the guy did a real good job. My car will be tiger orange. Just need to lower my car tomorrow and i was thinking about painting my fat fives black, you reckon keep them the stock colour or paint them gloss black???
Old 04-20-2014, 09:23 AM
jvr
Honda-Tech Member

No I'm not trolling, but thanks for sort of answering my question. Dunno why you would expect every Honda owner to know the details about a 20 year old car that was never sold outside of Japan... I guess I'm not one of the cool kids.

OP, hope your paint job goes well! Glad he was able to clean up that rear corner for ya. We gotta see some pics of that orange paint before givin opinions about the wheel color tho! Btw is the JDM sir-G equivalent to the USDM GS-R with the ~170hp b18c or the Type R with the 195hp b18c?

PS- You're lucky to have an Integra without those hideous bug eyes lol, those headlights are the reason I'm looking for a pre-1994 Integra right now instead of a newer one.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Easy, I wasn't trying to get personal, but was actually kind of surprised. Just about every fanboy in the US has wanted that front end since it came out in the nineties. Sir-g was effectively the same as our gs-r.

I confess I don't know much about the New Zealand climate... Is the air salty and tropical or do you guys have snowy winters or what? Looks like whoever repaired that corner in the past did a backyard job on it for sure.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jvr

a true JDM DC2 integra (like this guy has) was also called a Honda integra. has the basic body shape of the acure integra but the headlights are so much better than that googly eyed **** they did
Old 04-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jvr
No I'm not trolling, but thanks for sort of answering my question. Dunno why you would expect every Honda owner to know the details about a 20 year old car that was never sold outside of Japan... I guess I'm not one of the cool kids.

OP, hope your paint job goes well! Glad he was able to clean up that rear corner for ya. We gotta see some pics of that orange paint before givin opinions about the wheel color tho! Btw is the JDM sir-G equivalent to the USDM GS-R with the ~170hp b18c or the Type R with the 195hp b18c?

PS- You're lucky to have an Integra without those hideous bug eyes lol, those headlights are the reason I'm looking for a pre-1994 Integra right now instead of a newer one.
Ok thanks, theres so many non bug eye 96 integra's here, you can pick up a non vtec 96 integra here for like $1500 for a cheap one with the same headlights as mine. You can also get a cheap 96 dc2 with those headlights for around $2500. Yesterday i saw someone post up there type r dc2 for $5000, soooo cheap i couldnt believe it.

Easy, I wasn't trying to get personal, but was actually kind of surprised. Just about every fanboy in the US has wanted that front end since it came out in the nineties. Sir-g was effectively the same as our gs-r.

I confess I don't know much about the New Zealand climate... Is the air salty and tropical or do you guys have snowy winters or what? Looks like whoever repaired that corner in the past did a backyard job on it for sure.
Where i live the air is pretty tropical, at the moment its autumn, or as you guys call it, its fall, its been around 26degrees celsius at the moment which is 77degrees fahrenheit, its been weird weather for this time of the year. The beach is like 20minutes drive away, so no salt air around where i live. We dont get snow where i live, i wish we did i love the snow. Winter weather is usually wet and windy.

Originally Posted by dom_ef1992
a true JDM DC2 integra (like this guy has) was also called a Honda integra. has the basic body shape of the acure integra but the headlights are so much better than that googly eyed **** they did
Yeah man bug eye integras are ok, i like the look of the 2001 integra type r bug eye, they look nice. Here's a 2002 DC4 bug eye integra thats for sale over here, comes stock with the B18B. The picture isnt that great tho but you defintly can see the difference in the front end

[IMG][/IMG]

Also these tail lights, im trying to find me some, they usually come off the 2001 NZ new integra VTI-R dc2

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-21-2014, 01:11 AM
jvr
Honda-Tech Member

Easy, I wasn't trying to get personal, but was actually kind of surprised. Just about every fanboy in the US has wanted that front end since it came out in the nineties.
S'all good, sorry if I got testy lol it seemed like you were bein rude, it's hard to tell a person's intent on the interwebz sometimes. I'm not really a huge Honda fanboy, I only recently got interested in them since I traded in my '95 bmw 525i (5 speed) for an accord due to the lower maintenance/gas costs.

And WOW 5k for a type r, how could you not pick that up??
Old 04-21-2014, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah i don't got 5k lol but the average price for a type r here in new zealand is like 6k so theres plenty around. I got my car back earlier tonight, its 9.17pm monday at the moment and only took some pics before in the dark, sorry there not that great, was only using a cellphone camera 5MP lol. I can defintly say im really happy with the $1000 paintjob. Here's some pics

Look at the huge difference of that ugly piece of **** i had on the rear quarter panel

[IMG][/IMG]

After
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]