Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

P1 Spec Splitters

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: P1 Spec Splitters

Originally Posted by KIWI
Nice touch Larry! very innovative. The splitter blade looks a lot different from this angle.

Kiwi
Thanks buddy!
Your splitters kits as a whole are well designed especially the brackets.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dirty19
Its an expensive airdam too... hate to have an off road agricultural excursion with that
Like the garage door seal though.
off road agricultural excursion, like this dirty19?

Old 12-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Robin6
98 Hatch CX with PWJDM air dam and Special Projects splitter.
3.5" exposed splitter and 3.5" off the ground.
Garage door bottom material from hardware store used as a seal between air dam and splitter, rivets and wood screws used to secure.
Wood screws don't belong on the race track
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Kiwi, PB running your splitter man! Thank you so much for all your help and support. You Rock!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

MOUNTING BRACKETS

Our P1 Spec Mounting brackets have always been in demand, and we have been reluctant to sell them on their own...Not because we didn't want Racers to have access to them but more because we have put so much time and effort into making our Splitter Kits work! Some of the designs I have seen, though often ok most are just recipes for major frame damage repair! They are usually just copies of things we have tried before on real racecars only to find they had some flaw.
Many have tried to copy our design... Or even make it better! Most just want it Cheaper!
And so far from what I've seen everyone has started off just as I did, without my - "Been there Done that" practical experience and have come up with all the basics we started out with 14 Years ago and countless sales to happy customers around the world.
So guys If you are going to copy my design, that's ok! but at least have the decency to understand the Kiwi philosophy behind our design...
"A splitter needs to be a disposable item. Just like Brake pads and Tires, If still in one piece after several events... you're not trying hard enough!" (Kiwi 1999)
Our P1 Splitter Kits have been used by great drivers all over the world, they and many on this very thread will agree ... When you are leading that race, and in the second last lap you damage the splitter... you want it gone! You know that the Black flag is going to come out if that thing is flailing around under the car about to do all kinds of damage to tires, brake lines etc. 9 times out of 10 our design allows you to escape with minimal damage and for sure your Frame rails will be un damaged.
For those who blithely say "Oh I'm just lapping, and I'm unlikely to be having off track excursions so I want my splitter mounted solidly." I say Bull ****! If your lapping your car on a racetrack... Then you must have something competitive going on in your head? So sooner or later you are going to run out of talent!

Our Splitter Mounting Kits are now available from our web site www.specialprojectsms.com or by calling Kiwi : 714 998 1258
If you think you can copy these and produce them cheaper than we are asking for the complete kit, be my guest.

Mounting Kits & Complete Splitter Kits Available for- ( EG EK DC2 US. Spec.) ( DC2 JDM ) (EF/CRX ) Subaru '95-'99. DA & DC5 Coming real soon.

Kiwi
Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive never driven a civic with a splitter on before. this past sunday the best I could do was a 1:58.0 with no front splitter on. we threw the special projects front splitter on and in two laps I dropped .8 sec easily. my best lap of the day was a 1:57.2 at buttonwillow 13cw. i think the splitter itself is worth one second. I could tell I was getting a lot more grip everywhere even in the slow corners.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ejprimo
ive never driven a civic with a splitter on before. this past sunday the best I could do was a 1:58.0 with no front splitter on. we threw the special projects front splitter on and in two laps I dropped .8 sec easily. my best lap of the day was a 1:57.2 at buttonwillow 13cw. i think the splitter itself is worth one second. I could tell I was getting a lot more grip everywhere even in the slow corners.
ejprimo
Thanks for the positive feed back. I take it from your post that you are relatively new to Track racing - I'm not even sure which track you are racing on ? However I think that given a little more seat time in your car without the splitter to the point where you can string 3 or 4 or more 1:58:0 lap times together. Then put the splitter on and try even harder you will probably find you will be able to knock two or even three seconds off your laptimes as other well experienced drivers have done and you can read about in earlier posts.

What I'm trying to say is that merely fitting a splitter to your car is not necesarily going to make you faster... When you can drive the car to it's absolute limit on a given circuit (Time wise) To the point where you just cannot go any faster, then fit the splitter .... Then drive with the same aggression as before and you will be amazed at the difference.

I'm betting you will find at least another second...
Good luck.

Kiwi
Old 12-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KIWI
MOUNTING BRACKETS

Our Splitter Mounting Kits are now available from our web site www.specialprojectsms.com or by calling Kiwi : 714 998 1258

Kiwi
Jeff - I took a look on your website, and see the listings for full splitter kits, air dams, or side skirts, but I can't find anything about the mounting kit (without splitter blade or air dam) being offered. Would you post a direct link? I'll be giving you a call within the next week or two as my P1 splitter kit must be a pretty old one as my silver brackets are much thicker than what you offer now, so I'll probably get some of the newer thinner ones, but I'll call you to discuss details. - Jim
Old 12-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kiwi,

I think your familiar with frank's ek9. I drove the **** out of his car, lol. I've only driven 2 laps with the splitter on but im sure I can dip into the 56's the way the car sits now.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ejprimo
kiwi,

I think your familiar with frank's ek9. I drove the **** out of his car, lol. I've only driven 2 laps with the splitter on but im sure I can dip into the 56's the way the car sits now.

JRZ Novak Racing Honda Civic type R Buttownwillow 13CW Spedventurees HFF Finale 12/22/13 - YouTube
LOL! See what happens when you let your mouth run off before putting the brain in gear?
I didnt recognise the Avatar, If I'd known I was talking to the Maestro I would have taken a different approach! Yep, you have driven the **** out of that car... and having done so you can see what I mean. I'm sure you will get into the 56's and the way that car is going I think a little more front blade will help a lot.

Keep up the good work man. I hope to come out to the next run.

Cheers,
Kiwi

Last edited by KIWI; 04-26-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Calif_Kid
Jeff - I took a look on your website, and see the listings for full splitter kits, air dams, or side skirts, but I can't find anything about the mounting kit (without splitter blade or air dam) being offered. Would you post a direct link? I'll be giving you a call within the next week or two as my P1 splitter kit must be a pretty old one as my silver brackets are much thicker than what you offer now, so I'll probably get some of the newer thinner ones, but I'll call you to discuss details. - Jim
Hi Jim,
Yes I believe you have a set of the very early mount designs. I have sent you a PM

Kiwi
Old 01-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Loven the splitter & side skirts Kiwi!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm looking for some pics of the EK Civic H/B BTCC Style Wing but can't find.
Please can you help me?
Old 01-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good splitter, good!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice Clean ITR Man!

Kiwi
Old 02-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What size dzus fasteners and springs are you guys using for the lip.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't really need any Dzus fasteners when fitting the P1 Spec Splitter Kit but you can do for a little extra security as Mike Has done here. Not sure what size but I tghink it's 1/2" to 3/4" reach.

Kiwi
Attached Images   
Old 03-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-26-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^You've just given me my new Desktop image, Donut.
*EDIT*.. Now you're partying like a rockstar now that I've seen your car featured in Honda Tuning Magazine.

Last edited by TheShodan; 03-27-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^what he said. congrats on the HTMag feature Donut!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 AM
HT Black OPs

Some beautiful integra's on this page.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys! It wouldn't be anything without kiwis help and products
Old 04-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After years of wanting the P1 kit and (PCI) wing, I finally pulled the trigger early this year.
3 events later, its still on the car (unlike ecko_3420 lol)
I was able to improve on my pb at SOW by more than 1.6 secs
And at Buttonwillow, was able to match my cold weather pb last year on a warm day last month.
While having a new lsd also might have played a big hand there, the car has more composure now than before.
I am very happy with Kiwi's splitter kit and wing Thank you for coming out with products like these!
(bought em thru Revo, btw coz i live too far )

Old 04-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by donut.
Thanks guys! It wouldn't be anything without kiwis help and products
Mike,
You know a year or two ago, when you first came to me for help when you started seriously getting into Time Attack... I wondered... Is this guy really going to do well? Does he really have the Heart or the ***** for real competitive driving? And more importantly is he going to do Me or my products any justice? He's kind of Nerdy in a cool sort of way, and he seems to listen to good advise, and you know what, I'm going to give him a go....

Thank you Mike!
for proving I have very good judgment when it comes to drivers!
Good luck mate! and all the best for your future career.
I'm proud of you, and I'm proud to be one of your sponsors

Kiwi
Special Projects Motor Sports/GEAR-X USA

Quick Reply: P1 Spec Splitters