Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

What Have you done to your Prelude today?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What Have you done to your Prelude today?

Balancer shaft seal failed and soaked the timing/balancer belts .. Had to R&R .. All good now 👍
Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 AM
I live under a rock

Got tuned finally. That's Jason Hunt in there.... lol

460whp on pump gas @13psi

570whp @23psi on C16. Something bottlenecking or the head lifting because I started getting over heating problems (see my build thread).

Happy overall, but I know I have a lot more in it. Pump gas tune is what I'm more concerned with as it will be a weekend car most of the time and not a track car.
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Summertime, so I am resurrecting this thread from the depths!

Got my car out and running errands this weekend, found a leak in my rad, so picking up a new rad tonight.

I have a few parts to order and install before getting a dyno tune by someone who actually knows what they are doing next month, and hopefully bringing the car down for some events in the states this summer.

Also one of my buddies has a set of Volk TE37 in the size I want, so he is holding them for me to pick up this summer. I have always wanted these wheels, so stoked!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I decided to keep the pile of parts for my prelude and wait for the right day to start again. only parts I am selling/sold are the drag wheel setup and the whoopee doo racing B16.

my thoughts are to bring the prelude back to street level. H2B 600+ 5th gen street car. sounds fun.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got my new pos 94 running and drove it around with the new used f20b.
Pulled my 92 hot rod out of storage changed the oil, swapped my good tires on and drove it around.
Put gas in my 92 stock daily

It was a good day, for the first time I drove 3 ludes in one day and I own all of them!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

finished painting my trans, got my fender and most of my door sanded down.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Summertime, so I am resurrecting this thread from the depths!

Got my car out and running errands this weekend, found a leak in my rad, so picking up a new rad tonight.

I have a few parts to order and install before getting a dyno tune by someone who actually knows what they are doing next month, and hopefully bringing the car down for some events in the states this summer.

Also one of my buddies has a set of Volk TE37 in the size I want, so he is holding them for me to pick up this summer. I have always wanted these wheels, so stoked!
Dang, I've always wanted those wheels! Hope to pick em up in the future!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by mocchan
Dang, I've always wanted those wheels! Hope to pick em up in the future!
Me too. This set is black, and I really wanted bronze, but I can't complain about a set of 4x114 wheels at the price he offered me, especially Volks! I hope my wife doesn't freak out, this will be set#3 of nice wheels, as I have a set of Volk CE-28 for summer on my Subaru, and Prodrive P1 for winter.

In other news, got the new rad and slim fan in the Prelude last night, so much happier now, no leak or smell, more capacity, more space, and I was able to drive it to work today!

Had a bit of a freak out moment, but it was due to a cop purposely changing lanes to let me pass him, so he could trail behind me for a few miles. I am sure he ran my plate, as I still have Colorado plates on that car, and it is loud as hell, so I had to keep it really mellow, which can be tough to do from a stoplight haha.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:27 AM

Just to add pretty pictures, here is how it looks with the new rad and slim fan. I had a Civic rad already, but the slim fan helped free up more space there.

Also a shot of the wheels when they were on my buddies boosted K24 hatch.
Attached Images   
Old 04-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changed rear crank seal, and made a run to the parts store today. Then picked up some beers, some WA legal, and now just relaxin'

Razzelberry-Lemon Shock-Top! 60% ras 40% lemon is a good mix!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought my 01' Prelude yesterday! Total stock, (in need of an oil change) and cleanest 13 year old car I've ever seen! First manual as well... so shout out to my poor clutch that has to endure my noob-ness, although I have a feeling by next weekend ill have worked out the kinks...
Old 04-13-2014, 04:33 PM

After sitting on the parts for a year and a half, finally doing the retrofit to some jdm 1 piece headlights. Here is mockup of one, coming out pretty well. I can't wait to finally have awesome night light. This headlight will not be one of my final ones, as the tabs are busted off, I will use the back half of the light currently on the car.

After driving in a 5th gen with retrofits many years ago, I felt the need to do this, the stock lighting just sucks, and with how low my car is, I need all the light possible lol. That car felt like driving down a street lit up like a football field up until the cutoff.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

motor and trans installed all hooked up, pulled the exhaust system out to change the Z-curve out due to some rust and removed the cat since i have no emissions! and need all the power i can to make up for the downgrade in hp.
pics of exhaust ill get tomorrow.

though not the greatest quality pic but yea..

still gotta get the custom hose for the p/s
Attached Images   
Old 04-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sparksman
Changed rear crank seal, and made a run to the parts store today. Then picked up some beers, some WA legal, and now just relaxin'

Razzelberry-Lemon Shock-Top! 60% ras 40% lemon is a good mix!

My fav is the chocolate
Old 04-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by saikou

Mounted OEM Accord lip and finally got around to hooking my fog lights back up after not using them for 3 years! Sure wish these SE wheels were wider
Where did you get those fog lamps?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by madfunkwilly4
I bought my 01' Prelude yesterday! Total stock, (in need of an oil change) and cleanest 13 year old car I've ever seen! First manual as well... so shout out to my poor clutch that has to endure my noob-ness, although I have a feeling by next weekend ill have worked out the kinks...
Grats on the purchase

How have you improved so far driving stick? Going on 3 weeks since switching back to manual again (automatic for over 2 years) and I've finally started to fine out the flaws in the way I drove lol. Habits die hard, very hard.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AudioFunk
My fav is the chocolate
Never seen a chocolate lol, guess Im going to have to keep an eye out!

Originally Posted by AudioFunk
Where did you get those fog lamps?
Those are OEM prelude 4th gen fogs, I have the same set that came factory with my lude.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by snobordboy
After sitting on the parts for a year and a half, finally doing the retrofit to some jdm 1 piece headlights. Here is mockup of one, coming out pretty well. I can't wait to finally have awesome night light. This headlight will not be one of my final ones, as the tabs are busted off, I will use the back half of the light currently on the car.

After driving in a 5th gen with retrofits many years ago, I felt the need to do this, the stock lighting just sucks, and with how low my car is, I need all the light possible lol. That car felt like driving down a street lit up like a football field up until the cutoff.

I missed this post, Thats dope! You should do a small quick DIY and tell us what lens you sourced for it. Ive thought about doing this myself. Ive always wondered with a DIY retrofit how do you adjust the beams to be level and strait w/out testing them on the car?

Last edited by Sparksman; 04-16-2014 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:53 AM

^ I do have a couple more pics that I took in progress, and when I pull the other light apart can take a few more.

I am using the Morimoto Mini D2S from T.R.S., and they are made to fit in the original reflector, so they mount through the bulb socket, and line up that way. Since they mount solid in the reflector, the headlight will still aim using the oem adjuster screws, just have to ensure that the projector is level when you tighten it down.

The wife is leaving town for a few days, so I will have spare time to keep working on them, might get the pass. side done completely for now. I have to wait to pull the bumper and lights on the car to finish the drivers side.

In other little news, my ATI damper arrived yesterday. I wanted to ensure reliability when revving to ~8500 rpm on the 95 mm stroke crank, and hopefully stop throwing alternator belts at the track. Not a cheap bit, but it is a product that I do believe in. Plus for NHRA tech, you have to have an SFI rated damper once you hit a certain E.T. not there yet, but one day!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

stole some more stuff off the race car to go on the civic and had to order a few fittings to fix the getting fuel feed and return which the car came with. also been neglecting to install the breather due to the expense of the fittings but it needs to go on there.

stock bottom is still holding strong with great compression. Actually averaged 28mpg last tank. I've got an AEM EMS currently at AEM right now being inspected which i am excited to use.

With the baby coming, I am having to get another car which I am hoping to go look at in the next couple days. 2004 TSX and my wife is looking at a 1997 4Runner (for whatever reason she has always wanted one) and we are going to sell our Armada. With me not racing anymore, we have no need for such a large, powerful truck.

so when all this goes down, the civic will get the bigger turbo and see if I can top the list of most powerful stock bottom h22's!

its currently running the 5454 on the left rated at 450hp (which I have already seen is rated extremely low for what its capable of) and the 6465 on the right which is rated at 750hp.

we'll see what happens
Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Put it on the lift today due to code related to counter shaft speed sensor. Discovered it wasn't even plugged in. Further inspection found a rats nest and my rack is leaking out of my ripped tie rod boot OH MY!!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Tapped my shift **** this morning at 5am, it's a cheep AL one that came with the car. I know it's nothing to brag about but I thought I would get my foot in this thread
Old 04-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sparksman
Never seen a chocolate lol, guess Im going to have to keep an eye out!

It's a seasonal thing, only during winter . But try it man it comes out around october.

Those are OEM prelude 4th gen fogs, I have the same set that came factory with my lude.
Can I still get them from Honda?
Old 04-17-2014, 01:16 PM

That would probably be tough, but search around the classifieds and people sell them from time to time. Occasionally hmotorsonline sells them as well, if they get a front clip that they part out, as they seemed to be more common in the Japanese market.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ebay has them for sale all the time! I believe they only came on the 4th gen Vtec models here in the states as a extra option. Keep an eye out on craigslist Ive seen them on there too for cheap, especially broken ones. One on mine was broken so I bought another broken set and combined the two into one good set.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Have you done to your Prelude today?