Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Electrical Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problems??

Hi everyone, after searching for a while, I'm having a hard time finding any threads that are helpful for my problem and was hoping someone would have some insight.

I get ready to jump in my wife's Fit this morning to run some errands, and first thing I noticed is that the remote door locks not working. I figured it was a dead battery in the key maybe, but when I get in and start the car the entire gauge cluster is dead except for the BRAKE and ABS lights, and the power door locks do not work. So I start pulling fuses and they all are fine under the dash and under the hood. Then I pull the 10A "backup" fuse from under the hood and after checking that it was good put it back and then I notice the warning beeps come on letting me know the key was in the ignition. I hadn't noticed that it was out before.

So I jump in the car and see what's new. Now the gauges work as well as the door locks, and the remote works also, but the CE Light stays on and what I assume is the power steering light comes on at start up but goes off. And now the power mirrors do not work, and neither does the A/C fan. I can do most basic maintenance but electrical problems on vehicles are def beyond me. If anyone has any experience with this or a similar issue, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rhett
Old 12-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Electrical Problems??

How many miles on it? Could be corrosion was causing the first problem then you corrected part of it by removing and re-installing that main fuse. If it was mine I would pull them one by one clean the legs and reinstall them and see what happens.