Notices

rear wheel toe

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear wheel toe

Just finished a rear disc swap on my 90 dx hatch. The rear tires look to be toed in alot but this maybe how the should been. Used 90-93 T arms and my stock lowers, uppers, and the front arm....the T arms had urethane bushings and I had some trouble getting the bolts there aligned right. The front arm (in front of the bushing) had no adjustment because it was pushed to the back of the slot.is all this normal on this swap or did I use a wrong part.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: rear wheel toe

Did you remove the compensator arms at the front of the trailing arm from the car? If you did you need an alignment. Really any suspension work you should get an alignment anyways.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did and plan for an alignment but the slide where that arm mounts...its allow the way in to the center of the car and I can't make it slide back and forth...it's like it's to long now.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you use the DA arms or did you keep your ED arms? The toe adjustment arms, not the trailing arms.

I have heard using the da trailing arms will cause alignment issues but have always thought the culprit to be the adjustment arms. When I did my swap I changed the hub out, not he trailing arm so I cant verify that.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheOdditie
Did you use the DA arms or did you keep your ED arms? The toe adjustment arms, not the trailing arms.

I have heard using the da trailing arms will cause alignment issues but have always thought the culprit to be the adjustment arms. When I did my swap I changed the hub out, not he trailing arm so I cant verify that.
^^^ this is the best way to do it since u dont undo the alignment. but yeah DA trailing arm bushings(the big main one) are a little different from all others.

i would say go back and put ur civic TA's and swap the hub so u can get a proper alignment since the DA one will throw things way off.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't I have to use the integra arms to get a caliper mount??
Old 03-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What everybody's trying to tell you (methinkz) is to use teh civic compensator arms (the lil bars @ front of trailing arms that adjust the toe-in, Integra comp. arms are longer) I used teh complete DA trailing arms on muh sedan+ muh orig civic comp. arms,but you can unbolt teh DA hubs + install them on teh civic trailing arms IF you have the TORX bits/sockets (and some *** to break them loose,ha!) and get it aligned,of course...
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

But i used 90 integra trailing arms set up, and my factory 90 civic dx hatch upper and lower arms as well as comp. arms. Everything seems to be in a bind with no toe adjustment. The comp.arms are pushed all the way in, toward center of the car and you cant even pry them out to adjust the toe at all.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you might've gotten some bent arms (when I did mine,one was way wack looking after installing-and I promptly got another from JY) Taught me to NOT get suspension parts off of a JY car that got hit anywhere near suspension... G'Luck!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My advice then is to go back to your factory trailing arms and replace the hub. There are 4 torx bolts on the back side you need to remove, I highly suggest an impact gun with some *** behind it. Its not that bad of a job with good tools.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, got it all aligned back up right...loosened all the mounting bolts and was able to pry close to the compensator arm on the trailing arm. Got it set up at close to 0... Going to get an alignment this weekend. Thanks for the advice....