Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2013 Crosstour - Timing Belt or Timing Chain?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Crosstour - Timing Belt or Timing Chain?

I saw a post over the internet that 2013 Crosstour I4 uses timing chain while the V6 uses the timing belt. There's another post over the internet that claims that all 2013 Crosstour use timing belt, not timing chain.

Can anyone confirm this? Thank you!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: 2013 Crosstour - Timing Belt or Timing Chain?

I don't think the Crosstour comes with a 4 cylinder engine. I'm pretty sure all of them have V6 engines, and timing belts, not chains.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/p...timing-belt-l4

yes the crosstour comes with a 4cyl and uses a timing chain

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/p...timing-belt-v6

6cyl uses a belt, or at least according to this website.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Crosstours come in both I4 and v6 configurations. The V6 has a timing belt and the I4 has a timing chain. Check this out http://automobiles.honda.com/crosstour/price.aspx
Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I must have been thnking about the Ridgeline.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:17 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKFLSH
I must have been thnking about the Ridgeline.
You could be thinking of the CT. Honda did not add the I4 until 2 years after intro. It's not selling so they figure better MPG would help and sneaked it in. There was no point in "promoting" the I4 because CTs won't sell all that well anyways.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
You could be thinking of the CT. Honda did not add the I4 until 2 years after intro. It's not selling so they figure better MPG would help and sneaked it in. There was no point in "promoting" the I4 because CTs won't sell all that well anyways.
THAT'S IT! I knew I remembered no I4 in the Crosstour, and wondered why. I don't think the addition of the I4 will help sales much either. I would rather if it was a wagon, instead of hatchback. I actually prefer the Venza over the Crosstour.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Old Member

I actually like the Venza very much, but we already have a minivan. So maybe next round.

The Venza I4 is a 2.7 Tacoma truck engine, so I guess it moves 3800lbs better. The K24 is car engine. I'm sure Honda geared it right, but still. Hard to ask 2.4L to move 3,800lbs. I'm sure I'm wrong cause I never driven a CT.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We were actually looking at minivans, when we test drove the Accord. After riding around in Odysseys for a few days, I guess it was pretty easy for the one test drive in the Accord to sway the decision back to a sedan. I like the Venza, but the wife sees wagon, and says "no way". Strange that she doesn't like the idea of driving a wagon, but has no problem with a minivan. Minivan says "soccer mom" more than a wagon IMO. Women? Who can figure them out. They really need to redesign the Ridgeline, because the current design just doesn't do it for me. The Ridgeline is what 7 years old now, and no redesign? C'mon Honda.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Agree on the ridgeline update. I feel the same way about suvs. They are just wagons on teuck frames.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Old Member

We were actually looking at minivans, when we test drove the Accord. After riding around in Odysseys for a few days, I guess it was pretty easy for the one test drive in the Accord to sway the decision back to a sedan. I like the Venza, but the wife sees wagon, and says "no way". Strange that she doesn't like the idea of driving a wagon, but has no problem with a minivan. Minivan says "soccer mom" more than a wagon IMO. Women? Who can figure them out. They really need to redesign the Ridgeline, because the current design just doesn't do it for me. The Ridgeline is what 7 years old now, and no redesign? C'mon Honda.
Venza is kind of odd, but with V6 and 19" wheels, how can I say no. I4 with 17" just looks...not for me. Yes, appearance. Along that line, any wagon need to have wheels. Jetta with 17" or 18". Leave it OEM 16 and no. Maybe I'm just a wheel fan.

Ridgeline need to be canceled, or make it something all together different in terms of sport-utility car. I'm thinking more like a large Subaru Brat (older guys will remember that). Current formula is not working and is not viewed as a real truck (yes, I know it's not suppose to be a "real" truck.)
Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like many others, you are a wheel man, IMO. I don't even look at the size of the wheels. The Ridgeline would probably be redesigned the year after I bought one. The truck is really perfect for me. I have never been a fan of how regular trucks ride, and the Ridge rides better than any "real truck". I don't haul, or tow heavy stuff, just plywood, or maybe appliances or furniture, stuff like that. I'm just tired of seeing the same old design. The Crosstour is just a waste of extra weight, without any real interior benefit IMO. The only thing I don't like about the Ridgeline, is the gas mileage, but anything that size will be just as bad, or worse on gas. The Rav4 is the leader in my mind right now, but if the Ridgeline gets a redesign soon, it will jump ahead. I'm waiting Honda. Give me something.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Old Member

it will jump ahead. I'm waiting Honda. Give me something.
Back in the 80s, 90, and Y2k. I wish I had $100K because there were many Hondas I wanted.

Now, there isn't really any model that I "want" anymore. That's no way to say the current line up are bad. They are great cars. But it's missing that "thing" that made us fans back then.

After my 8th Gen, I really don't know.