Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!


Reply
 
 
 
submit to reddit
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #126
loki2323
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
loki2323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Long Island, NY, US
Posts: 1,656
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
You guys can throw around "contempt of court" all you want, the fact of the matter is, she was not in this instance. The judge initiated the "altercation" by being a sarcastic shmuck and telling her "bye bye". His tone of voice makes it clear.

When will someone hold him accountable for his words? IMO he was equally as disrespectful.
Have you ever been to court in front of a judge? The fact that she was even laughing blew my mind.
loki2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #127
816d16
GDD's DJ
1984 Buick Skylark
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: number one chief rocka
Posts: 3,865
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
Now when we gonna hear a Jvine Volume 4 bruh?
There is a volume 4, ...I thought..... I don't know.

I'm in the middle of moving and have two upcoming gigs. I'll try and knock something out in March.
816d16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #128
DC5Danny
Honda-Tech Member
2002 Acura RSX
My Garage
 
DC5Danny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Old Man's
Posts: 2,510
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki2323 View Post
Have you ever been to court in front of a judge? The fact that she was even laughing blew my mind.
Yes, what does this have to do with anything? Laughing or not laughing shouldn't get you more or less jail time homie.

Let me break it down for you again, since you seem to be missing key plot points.

This girl was arrested for possession of scrips. Her original punishment was $5k bail. No jail time. After the judge repeatedly asked her questions which he already knew the answer to (you really think this girl has "rick ross" amounts of jewelery? She said she only makes 200/week) yet he persisted in getting a dollar amount out of this girl for her jewelery to set bail.

He chose to be an ******* right off the bat. He finishes by condescendingly saying "Bye Bye" to which she responds "adios". "adios" got her bail jacked up to 10k. I'm sorry but that was extremely unfair, and makes no sense considering what her crime was for. Now her bail is 10k, because she said "adios".

I know people who have 3 DUI's, were polite to their judge, and have never spent a single day in jail. How many people die every year from DUI's?

If I have been unable to illustrate the absurdity that just went on in this video with the disparity between the sentences given to her vs the people I know personally that have received DUI's, I don't know what to do for you.
__________________
Wake early if you want another mans life or land, no lamb for the lazy wolf, no battles won in bed.
DC5Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #129
DC5Danny
Honda-Tech Member
2002 Acura RSX
My Garage
 
DC5Danny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Old Man's
Posts: 2,510
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
There is a volume 4, ...I thought..... I don't know.

I'm in the middle of moving and have two upcoming gigs. I'll try and knock something out in March.
Oops, you're right I have 3/4 LoL. Was listening to 3 the other day and thought it was time to tell you to put out a new one
__________________
Wake early if you want another mans life or land, no lamb for the lazy wolf, no battles won in bed.
DC5Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #130
sCeRaXn
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member
2000 Audi S4
My Garage
 
sCeRaXn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: high point, nc, usa
Posts: 3,248
iTrader Rating: (0)
sceraxn
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
I'm honestly confused here. Do you all honestly agree that she should be in jail to teach her a lesson in respect, but the people I know that received DUI's (in one instance 3/4) and never spent a day in jail should be allowed to walk free because they showed respect to a judge in court? When the **** is the punishment going to fit the god damn crime?

Every single one of those people I know have multiple DUI's. What does this say? Their politeness to the judge got them out of jail time and he released them, without any real punishment to go commit the same crime again. Shouldn't this judge be held responsible if any of these individuals killed someone after receiving no jail time in the first place? Wouldn't these individuals be in need of a wake up call more than some stupid girl who popped xany's and flipped the bird to a judge?

Our judicial system is whack, and once again this ******* judge shows that people will always abuse positions of power. It's as simple as that. Everything else is irrelevant.
Most of us have said that the extra punishment for saying adios was a bit harsh. We were just responding to you questioning its legality based on Freedom of Speech. You seem to be under the assumption that were arguing something that we arent. I know many of us have said that the judicial system is flawed and we arent trying to defend it. I think you need to calm down a little and actually read what were saying instead of what you want to think were saying lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird83
Can you not hear the sounds of his love? They sounds like the skulls of babies being dashed upon the rocks...lovingly that is.
sCeRaXn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #131
[ej]Jonathan
Lord of the idiots
1989 Chrysler LeBaron
 
[ej]Jonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 1344 Queens Boulevard
Posts: 1,297
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
The clean red hatch? *tear*

Sorry, man, hopefully everything works out for you.
shes in the driveway right now. im waiting to have the funds to find a donor shell, probably a del sol
__________________
A festivus for the rest of us.
[ej]Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #132
k3nnex
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
k3nnex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Posts: 1,073
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

You need to show respect in court because it shows that you respect the law and know when you are wrong.
__________________
PM me for an insurance quote in California!
k3nnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #133
loki2323
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
loki2323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Long Island, NY, US
Posts: 1,656
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
Yes, what does this have to do with anything? Laughing or not laughing shouldn't get you more or less jail time homie.

Let me break it down for you again, since you seem to be missing key plot points.

This girl was arrested for possession of scrips. Her original punishment was $5k bail. No jail time. After the judge repeatedly asked her questions which he already knew the answer to (you really think this girl has "rick ross" amounts of jewelery? She said she only makes 200/week) yet he persisted in getting a dollar amount out of this girl for her jewelery to set bail.

He chose to be an ******* right off the bat. He finishes by condescendingly saying "Bye Bye" to which she responds "adios". "adios" got her bail jacked up to 10k. I'm sorry but that was extremely unfair, and makes no sense considering what her crime was for. Now her bail is 10k, because she said "adios".

I know people who have 3 DUI's, were polite to their judge, and have never spent a single day in jail. How many people die every year from DUI's?

If I have been unable to illustrate the absurdity that just went on in this video with the disparity between the sentences given to her vs the people I know personally that have received DUI's, I don't know what to do for you.


The fact that you have been in front of a judge before I would assume you understand how one needs to act in a courtroom.

Laughing like its funny, not answering his questions, at times not even looking at him when responding, body language. If you have even half a clue on how the legal system works you wouldn't do any of these things.

She is the idiot that answered yes to his question about owning anything of value. Then she thinks it's cute to give the Rick Ross answer??? GTFO!! Again if she had even half a brain and simply answered NO, things would have gone differently. Like I stated previously, as soon as I saw how she was acting at the very beginning of the video I knew it was game over for her.

Here is the simplest breakdown I can give:

Courtroom = judges house

Criminal = judges bitch while visiting his house

Don't like it? Don't break the law and end up there.
loki2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #134
kidcool1977
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: My house.
Posts: 1,598
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Judges are demeaning sacks of ****, which is why I DO MY UTMOST to not get involved in the judicial system. The fact that they have authority, and many behave like Gods who choose to enforce stiff punishment because a petty word was blurted is sad.

Would get fleas from the defendant
__________________
sent from my laptop in the comfort of my house.
kidcool1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #135
racebum
Honda-Tech Member
2002 Chevrolet Corvette
 
racebum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,855
iTrader Rating: (0)
Racebum
Send a message via AIM to racebum Send a message via Yahoo to racebum
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nnex View Post
You need to show respect in court because it shows that you respect the law and know when you are wrong.
the ****?

if you respected the law you wouldn't have broken it

i'm not sure about the rest of you but when i was a young little criminal back out of highschool i didn't give a damn about cops, laws or judges. the only thing i tried to do is make sure they didn't raid our coke'd up group sex parties

respect for the law only comes once you've realized that it will end you if you don't play by the rules and even that isn't respect, it's just fear

respect would come more from ethical development and giving thought to how your behavior impacts others
__________________
Mountain View Carpet Care also found at carpet cleaning beaverton Do you own a turbo honda? see turboinstall.net
racebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #136
Flav
Honda-Tech Attention Whore (Sirius)
Garage is empty, add now
 
Flav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Who Cares
Posts: 13,237
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

The American Judicial system is redonkulous. We have ****sbag judges trying to be Youtube sensations. How about you just do your ******* job you douche?
Flav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #137
crawdad689
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
crawdad689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Big Apple, NY, USA
Posts: 2,957
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to crawdad689
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Lame *** power trippin bullshit. 30 days in jail at the taxpayers' expense? Yeah okay. That'll turn her into a stand-up woman.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Thank you for the cogent argument.
crawdad689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #138
DC5Danny
Honda-Tech Member
2002 Acura RSX
My Garage
 
DC5Danny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Old Man's
Posts: 2,510
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCeRaXn View Post
Most of us have said that the extra punishment for saying adios was a bit harsh. We were just responding to you questioning its legality based on Freedom of Speech. You seem to be under the assumption that were arguing something that we arent. I know many of us have said that the judicial system is flawed and we arent trying to defend it. I think you need to calm down a little and actually read what were saying instead of what you want to think were saying lol
And I think you need to read why I posted as well, because if we were on the same page, you would have known I understand what "free speech" is and "contempt of court" and that her actions were a direct result of the judge being disrespectful in the first place. Kind of absurd that a Judge can be antagonistic and sarcastic, but the defendant can not.

Again, I'll repeat, this judge was on a power trip, and wanted to make an example out of some trashy girl that talked back to him. Saying **** you to Judge after he just raised your bail 5k was probably something he expected out of her (maybe why he antagonized her to begin with).

Meanwhile, he goes on to dismiss one DUI charge against a woman with no priors because she has a job and "appears" to have her act together.

This goes on on a daily basis. Do you see the problem?
__________________
Wake early if you want another mans life or land, no lamb for the lazy wolf, no battles won in bed.
DC5Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #139
Flav
Honda-Tech Attention Whore (Sirius)
Garage is empty, add now
 
Flav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Who Cares
Posts: 13,237
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki2323 View Post

Don't like it? Don't break the law and end up there.
Using your logic......

Don't like dealing with smart-mouthed criminals? Don't be a judge.
Flav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #140
loki2323
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
loki2323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Long Island, NY, US
Posts: 1,656
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flav View Post
Using your logic......

Don't like dealing with smart-mouthed criminals? Don't be a judge.
I think the video shows that a judge DOESN'T have to deal with it at all.
loki2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #141
816d16
GDD's DJ
1984 Buick Skylark
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: number one chief rocka
Posts: 3,865
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Click the image to open in full size.
816d16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #142
wmac
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
wmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ca, usa
Posts: 715
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

my friend just spent 2 weeks in jail for a DUI, his 3rd (in 7 years).
i don't know if he saw the same judge, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael jackson
just beat it!
good sellers:
mommaboy luvs2spooge fourthgenhatchB17 NineTwosi undercover skank turboedpickup alexisthmovie H-powered truckhigh E.Honda brzrkr 1797ccEG6 wootiewoot iarericky esc0562
wmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #143
sCeRaXn
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member
2000 Audi S4
My Garage
 
sCeRaXn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: high point, nc, usa
Posts: 3,248
iTrader Rating: (0)
sceraxn
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
And I think you need to read why I posted as well, because if we were on the same page, you would have known I understand what "free speech" is and "contempt of court" and that her actions were a direct result of the judge being disrespectful in the first place.
This is what i was responding to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
What happened to free speech? That suddenly doesn't apply because you're in a court house?
And i was answering your question and letting you know that no, free speech doesnt always apply when youre in a courtroom. I was also correcting you in your assumption that her initial penalty for the pills was increased, and that the contempt charge was added onto it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
This goes on on a daily basis. Do you see the problem?
How many times do i have to say that the judicial system is flawed? Why do you keep assuming that im arguing with you about that? Here, ill put it as plainly as i possibly can.

I KNOW THAT THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM IS FLAWED. IM NOT ARGUING WITH YOU ABOUT THAT!!!

I repeat...

I KNOW THAT THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM IS FLAWED. IM NOT ARGUING WITH YOU ABOUT THAT!!!

Please read that until it sinks in before responding to me again lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird83
Can you not hear the sounds of his love? They sounds like the skulls of babies being dashed upon the rocks...lovingly that is.
sCeRaXn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #144
FijiBlueFG2
You mad bro?
2008 Honda Civic
 
FijiBlueFG2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home of Champions. The Boston Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,810
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

The system isn't broken...you just have to learn how to play it.
__________________
72 virgins can never stop a war, but 100,000 hookers can beat the Marine Corps.
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #145
Tennobanzai
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Tennobanzai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: CA/HI
Posts: 376
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2 View Post
The system isn't broken...you just have to learn how to play it.
Tennobanzai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #146
sCeRaXn
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member
2000 Audi S4
My Garage
 
sCeRaXn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: high point, nc, usa
Posts: 3,248
iTrader Rating: (0)
sceraxn
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2 View Post
The system isn't broken...you just have to learn how to play it.
The fact that you can play it at all proves that its not ideal. I wouldnt say its completely broken, but it definitely needs a massive overhaul.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird83
Can you not hear the sounds of his love? They sounds like the skulls of babies being dashed upon the rocks...lovingly that is.
sCeRaXn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #147
EJeff8
B*a*n*n*e*d
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: FBGDD
Posts: 1,946
iTrader Rating: (0)
TheRabbit087
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Breath when you're lifting bro, you're losing brain cells.
EJeff8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #148
.Beaver
Beaver.
2003 Honda S2000
 
.Beaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Keweenaw
Posts: 16,468
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Any of you guys see that she was back in court today?
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/W...+-+Local+News)

MIAMI -
A woman who flipped off a Miami-Dade County Circuit Judge Monday returned to court on Wednesday.

Penelope Soto, 18, had a more subdued and respectful attitude in court than she had during a court appearance on Monday.

Earlier this week, Soto was arrested for illegal possession of Xanax. In drug court on Wednesday, a judge lowered her bond to $5,000 and sentenced her to serve in a drug program. If she completes it, her charges may be dropped.

When Soto faced Miami-Dade County Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat on Monday morning, she got in even more trouble.

After dismissing her, Rodriguez-Chomat called Soto back to tell her he was issuing her a $10,000 bond. She walked away, muttered "F*** you," and flipped him off, video showed.

Rodriguez-Chomat responded by holding her in contempt of court and sentenced her to 30 days in jail.
.Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #149
CrashAndBurn
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
CrashAndBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 191
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Lesson learned from this sad case is to always have a lawyer present so you don't make an *** out of yourself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
This is exactly why I Love GDD... Someone comes here seeking compassion and understanding and when he's down and almost out, the entire community picks up a 2 x 4 and whacks him on the back of the head... I love it
CrashAndBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #150
Knightsport
His Dudeness
2009 Ford F-250
My Garage
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Kills, TX, USA
Posts: 100,232
iTrader Rating: (0)
Knightsport
Default Re: Girl tells Judge "Adios" and "F**k you", receives $10,000 bond and 30 days jailti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
Like AA said, the tax payers are now footing the bill for this stupid bitch to spend 30 days in jail. Jail is suppose to be for murderers, rapists and thieves. Not disrespectful pill poppers.


I expected more from you big K.
Jail is for people who break the law. Period.

I'm not here to debate the laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
So in the end all of the "justice" system is doing in punishing the fawk out of good citizens by spending their tax money to create even bigger pieces of trash. If the judge wanted to truly dish out some justice he would have given her something constructive to do, such as tons of community service or forcing her to have to attend some sort of vocational training program.
This judge could not have assigned community service. This was her bail hearing.

All he could do was make her act like an adult in court and alter her bail. Of course he could also hold her in contempt just like any hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki2323 View Post
I think the adios what just the last straw for the judge. I'm actually surprised that he didn't rip into her sooner.

Laughing, not clearly or directly answering the judges questions, playing with her hair like the judge is up there trying to get into her panties, etc. She is lucky he only gave her 30 days.

I'm shocked that people here don't understand the idea of courtroom decorum. Regardless of the crime, you do not curse at a judge. You are in his/her house and you WILL show them respect. If you don't like it, stay out of the courtroom.
This is kind of where my mind was at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Dan View Post
I'm honestly confused here. Do you all honestly agree that she should be in jail to teach her a lesson in respect, but the people I know that received DUI's (in one instance 3/4) and never spent a day in jail should be allowed to walk free because they showed respect to a judge in court? When the **** is the punishment going to fit the god damn crime?
That's a nice strawman but not disagreeing with a pretty obvious contempt charge does not equal "loves to let drunks drive."

Not even sure where that came from? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post
Any of you guys see that she was back in court today?
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/W...+-+Local+News)

MIAMI -
A woman who flipped off a Miami-Dade County Circuit Judge Monday returned to court on Wednesday.

Penelope Soto, 18, had a more subdued and respectful attitude in court than she had during a court appearance on Monday.

Earlier this week, Soto was arrested for illegal possession of Xanax. In drug court on Wednesday, a judge lowered her bond to $5,000 and sentenced her to serve in a drug program. If she completes it, her charges may be dropped.

When Soto faced Miami-Dade County Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat on Monday morning, she got in even more trouble.

After dismissing her, Rodriguez-Chomat called Soto back to tell her he was issuing her a $10,000 bond. She walked away, muttered "F*** you," and flipped him off, video showed.

Rodriguez-Chomat responded by holding her in contempt of court and sentenced her to 30 days in jail.
So the judge instilling a sense of respect in her worked! She came back to court with a more respectful demeanor, had her bail reduced and ultimately got a cupcake sentence.

Everybody wins. Yay!
__________________
The Dude abides.

http://honda-tech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Knightsport is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
submit to reddit
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:42 AM.



2008 Copyright, InternetBrands Inc.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.
Emails & Contact Details