Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000 civic ex. no start. spark/fuel - help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 2000 civic ex. no start. spark/fuel - help please

ok, not gonna lie. In not a Honda person, and I don't know much about technical workings or labels of cars. But I need help. My D16Y7 motor went out in my 2000 Honda civic ex a year ago. 6 months ago I swapped motor with a DY16A from Japan. Went through hell trying to put this thing together. Now, its all set. I had some issues. First, it wouldn't run, had no spark. Used my buddy's distributor after I got new plugs and wires and cap and rotor. His.worked, car started. Put mine back on, wiggled the plug that connects cap to wiring harness and mine began working. Then had no fuel. Changed out fuel pump, there is fuel in the lines (under pressure too), car still won't start. Spark comes and goes when I pull the spark plug and turn it over. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Maybe I need to replace the plug? Also, no hum from fuel pump when ignition turned to ON II. Main relay? I'm so un car worthy I don't.even know what that is. I have a metal to light bulb tester, but don't know where to test. The car was sitting a very long time with only a couple gallons of gas. Put in a bottle of fuel stabilizer and 5 gallons of fresh gas, but it started a few times before I even did that. I am so drained of energy, resources and money.... Praying to god it just blows up so i stop pulling my hair out. If anyone needs more information, please just ask, I will do my best!!

Last edited by anthonybaratti; 09-11-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: title change
Old 09-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2000 civic ex please help

Im not a single cam person.. but i think the JDM version need a few changeover parts to work in the USDM shell..

Also, edit your title to a specific issue then just Help. or else a mod will close ur thread
Old 09-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Trial User

Icon3 Re: 2000 civic ex please help

Only part I have changed out is the exhaust manifold. The guy who sold me the motor told me to change the intake as well, but my buddy told me I could keep the intake manifold that came with it since it was in better condition. I suppose I should also mention that im only running an exhaust manifold to a 3' curve pipe, not full exhaust. Back pressure may be a problem? Also no catalytic converter, just an open pipe. I do have a couple of sensor wires for the intake that I haven't hooked up because the intake that came with it didn't come with 2 plug slots, only 1. Also, bottom (blue) O2 sensor isn't hooked up cause I have no bottom O2 port atm, I plan on replacing exhaust manifold back to old cat style but it's 300$
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: 2000 civic ex please help

Originally Posted by EsotericImage
Also, edit your title to a specific issue then just Help.
Fixed
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 2000 civic ex. no start. spark/fuel - help please

sounds like either you have a rats nest of a wiring harness, and/or you didn't hook everything up.

Your going to have to start going through it basically wire by wire to trouble shoot it. Anything that you "wiggle" to make work needs to be fixed.

The downstream 02 sensor not being hooked up doesnt matter, *would just set off a cel* the other things on the intake do though. figure out what they are asap and get them wired in. We have wiring diagrams and the pin-outs all over this site. start there....
Old 09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Trial User

Ok boss, sounds good. I'll check our diagrams and hook it all up. If worse comes to worse, I'll hook up the original intake and wire it correctly. Will get back when it's done and let y'all know. Thanks
Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Trial User

Not having much luck. Trying to switch back to the old carburetor and I seem to be missing a piece for vacuum lines on the passenger side. Just behind the thermostat housing. I have 3 open lines there. Anyone know what it looks like, what it's called, or have a picture? Having a hard time finding a real or drawn picture. Got most of my sensor plugs hooked up now though, except for one on the bottom side of carburetor. Can't find the inlet. Is it common at all for an ex to have useless plugs? Crying lol.