Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

My car has no power f20b swap eg

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car has no power f20b swap eg

I turn to H-T for help I have got help from you guys before that has help me.Here's my problem I have a built f20b swap in my eg with an f22 trans "talk about long" 2th 78 at 82rpms and my car has never really ran good since this motor was put in.Major ungrades besides your usual I/H/E/TB are 440cc injectors,p28 with hondata s300 unite and sk2 pro 2 cams paired with supertech retainers and springs.

Im going to to my best to say how my car runs what it does do and what it doesn't do.It has a street tune but its kind of all sound and no go Its not that slow but After my research I know my car should be a beast.As I accelerate I hit vtec at 5400 rpms I can hear the change over and feel it a little but it really has not top end what's so ever its like if vtec has no power.Recently while driving my car started acting funny it started to sputter out of no were.Later that night it happen again but this time much worst to the point that the car wasn't even mobil.I would step on the gas and it would barely move around 1500-2000 rpms and pass that it started sputtering nasty.I pulled in anywhere I could"gas station" and realized my car had to be towed.I shut her down I tried to start it again the first thing I noticed was that my fuel pump sounded like when I car has a dead battery you know what Im talking about if it happen to you like it barely wanted to turn on"struggling ".I hope you guys can help me out oh yeah oils good but my plugs are garbage I threw them away they mess up when I took them out.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car has no power f20b swap eg

I had an f20b in my civic eg 4dr and that thing used to move even when it was in my prelude full interior power everything pulling on civics with decent swaps. In the civic it was such a beast and I also had the f22 trans on it 3rd gear would do 120 like nothing. It would rip 2nd gear and chirp third it was definitely a low 14 high 13 sec car.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you do a compression check also were the pro 2 degreed and are you even sure you have pro 2 in the motor? also make sure ya fuel pump didnt take a dump on ya
Old 05-12-2012, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to state the obvious but did you fully tune it yet?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could also be a clogged up cat if you have one. Plugged cat = step on gas and no power.
Get a tune.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by negusjuda
did you do a compression check also were the pro 2 degreed and are you even sure you have pro 2 in the motor? also make sure ya fuel pump didnt take a dump on ya
Im not 100% sure they are pro 2s that what the guy told me they where when I bought hatch hatch with an h22.My tuner didn't re-degree them for my motor.I think its the fuel pump too I check my distributor cap it was a little dirty but I clean it up the rotor is good thought.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by josephcmiller2
I hate to state the obvious but did you fully tune it yet?
It was only street tune I was about to get the dyno tune but lost my job and now I don't have money for that.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nealnanoHX
Could also be a clogged up cat if you have one. Plugged cat = step on gas and no power.
Get a tune.
It didn't happen all the time just once in the afternoon and later that day when it finally stop completely.Im running a 2.5 inch piping no cat.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like a **** tune/bad parts to me. Why do you need 440cc in a basically stock engine? You sir, played the Legos game and lost.

Also, it's a ****ing NA Honda. Not really going to be fast.

I would simply put in stock 20b injectors and ecu. See what happens. Kids are all about z0mg p28 vtak doe!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondasdohc
I had an f20b in my civic eg 4dr and that thing used to move even when it was in my prelude full interior power everything pulling on civics with decent swaps. In the civic it was such a beast and I also had the f22 trans on it 3rd gear would do 120 like nothing. It would rip 2nd gear and chirp third it was definitely a low 14 high 13 sec car.
3rd gear is the funnest idk how hight you rev to go to 120 but I rev to 8200 and it goes to 115 highway killer for sure. Thats why Im have a big question mark right now because from all the research I have done the f20b motor should really be pulling hard in my little hatch.I have some work done so it should pull even harder.Im going to put the stock h22a cams back in and stock springs and retainers which look badass from the factory they come dual spring.the cams that I have in there right now the lobes are much larger then the stock h22a.When I had the h22a those cams easily made power to 8500rpms and still had room.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by leoaa777
Sounds like a **** tune/bad parts to me. Why do you need 440cc in a basically stock engine? You sir, played the Legos game and lost.

I would simply put in stock 20b injectors and ecu. See what happens. Kids are all about z0mg p28 vtak doe!!!
I the motor and parts were selected by my builder I had faith he knew what he was doing I guess not.I know its never going to be as fast a turbo honda I never intended it to be faster then one I just want one quick NA honda.I just want to beat your normal factory sports cars I think when build my h22 sleeved I'll be taking out turbo cars.

Last edited by 2.3h2b; 05-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Big Cat

You need a better transmission. I've had a F20B with the OEM Accord transmission and it was incredibly slow. Bolted up the T2T4 transmission and it was a whole new world.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not all na motors are slow . This car should run 12s easy with thus setup which I don't count as slow . With a light chasis and transmission 11s are possible. Stock h22 with pro2, and a 4.7 b16 tranny running mid to high 12 in a 2,100 chasis. The 440s are fine not to big or to small just right. Would factory work yes but nothing wrong with them no need to bring them up. The problem is your cams are not set up properly and you will be lucky if you didn't destroy your motor . I hope its just a fuel pump but sounds like valves hitting valves to me . That is a destroked motor and should make peak HP over 8,000 with them cams . I'm sure the street tune isn't helping but them are not dropp in cams . If you can't find somebody to help set them up properly please pull them out before you destroy your motor if you havnt already.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by f20b jones
Not all na motors are slow . This car should run 12s easy with thus setup which I don't count as slow . With a light chasis and transmission 11s are possible. Stock h22 with pro2, and a 4.7 b16 tranny running mid to high 12 in a 2,100 chasis. The 440s are fine not to big or to small just right. Would factory work yes but nothing wrong with them no need to bring them up. The problem is your cams are not set up properly and you will be lucky if you didn't destroy your motor . I hope its just a fuel pump but sounds like valves hitting valves to me . That is a destroked motor and should make peak HP over 8,000 with them cams . I'm sure the street tune isn't helping but them are not dropp in cams . If you can't find somebody to help set them up properly please pull them out before you destroy your motor if you havnt already.
The problem was actually a burnt distributor cap bad spark plug wires and the internals on the distributor were gone. I after I got all that replace all was good. Good information right here that is actually helpfull the cams are degreed I pulled them out of my old h22a that was running perfect with them.My motor sounds like its healthy runs perfect idle sounds smooth.I have one very important question,what engine harness should I be using the one I have right now I been told is trash that it looks all mikey mouse.The fuel pump is good I had this check out by someone that knows a thing or two about hondas.My plan is to go with an h2b kit use a b16 trans. I want to get my rmf replica header new engine harness and get a dyno tune after all this is done.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by f20b jones
Tell me if Im wrong but with my 440cc injectors even if their big on the dyno a good tuner should be able to make my car run good just give a proper balance of A/F right?
Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fatboy1185
You need a better transmission. I've had a F20B with the OEM Accord transmission and it was incredibly slow. Bolted up the T2T4 transmission and it was a whole new world.
Haha I beat its a big difference going from a trans that is made to save gas to one that is made for a higher reving more powerful vtec motor.I want a b16 trans for my car.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHhq...e_gdata_player
here's a video of my old setup h22a doing a little flybye.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.3h2b
I the motor and parts were selected by my builder I had faith he knew what he was doing I guess not.I know its never going to be as fast a turbo honda I never intended it to be faster then one I just want one quick NA honda.I just want to beat your normal factory sports cars I think when build my h22 sleeved I'll be taking out turbo cars.
no. You wont ever take out turbo cars with a NA build unless those turbo cars are of very low boost/power.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimster480
no. You wont ever take out turbo cars with a NA build unless those turbo cars are of very low boost/power.
uh.. what?? LOL..

Plenty of NA cars can and are faster then alot of turboed setups/builds..
Old 07-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL!....saved to sig, nice leoaa....

As to the OP, not being certain of what the engine is truly built with or knowing theirs room for improvement with the tune only leaves the answer of the obvious.....

Practically speaking its a 2.0L just like a B20V is a 2.0L so with the right orrientation of parts + proper tuning and put together I would look at similar builds or motors in that displacement and mod range to see what the results were when tuned to get a grasp on your target....as for breaking off stock level SRT4's on a highway roll if that's your aim...well the math doesn't stop at the motor as others have mentioned
Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In the video you posted i was looking at the one with the f20b and i'm sure it was not running at full potential. If i would have done that to my eg 4dr when it was f20b it would just spin 1st hit 2nd and the speedo would shoot right to 70mph and stay there mind you my rev limit was 9k then hit third and it was over from there the speedo was looking unrealistic at first but then again in the prelude i had, it would rip second too. Good thing you found out what it was though. cheers.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Now i have an f22 block/f23 head high compression build i done myself 12.66:1 compression and that thing moves but i need a tune i've been trying to use my datalogging cable with crome but it's not working. I can upload my map but not tune it at all.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you should get a ITR granny instead. qsd kit
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL M0T0R
uh.. what?? LOL..

Plenty of NA cars can and are faster then alot of turboed setups/builds..
not any properly built ones. Basically if you have like a $10k setup to run shitty 10's then you can walk on people with cheap *** turbo setups. The fact of the matter is that NA is a waste of money since the same amount of money applied to turbo makes more than double the power. Even NA cars that run nice track times will get wrecked in street races and highway pulls since they are all in the launch usually.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimster480
not any properly built ones. Basically if you have like a $10k setup to run shitty 10's then you can walk on people with cheap *** turbo setups. The fact of the matter is that NA is a waste of money since the same amount of money applied to turbo makes more than double the power. Even NA cars that run nice track times will get wrecked in street races and highway pulls since they are all in the launch usually.
The Track, is where it counts.. One of the main differences between Turbo and NA guys is, NA guys need to squeeze every little bit of power out and look at ALL aspects to being faster.. The common misconception with turbo guys is the fact that they make 500whp, and dont have to worry about getting it to the ground. ..

A 250whp NA EG will blow the doors of a 400whp integra because the integra can't hook... and who's problem is that?? Just because you have alot of whp doesn't mean your fast.. This doing 80,90,100 rolls is for **** waffles.. your car isn't fast.. Just like these 700,800,900 rwhp supras that gotta do 120 rolls.. Go to the track, it still runs 14's..

12-11 seconds at the track, is very fast on the street and will take out the majority of daily driven cars.. I would know.. .
I've tuned countless cars that are fast, I've also tuned alot of cars that make high whp numbers but, can't get power to the ground..
If a properly built and dialed in turbo car is what is racing yes, it can be very fast.. very, fast. We all know this.. This isn't a discussion about which is faster..Besdies.. MOST cars only race 1-4th, after 4th gear i'm done.. no need to race any longer because my car isn't geared for it.. these guys that wanna race to 150-180mph thats fine, you do that..

"Street cred" has no weight in this discussion.

Last time i checked.. "shitty 10's" was quote a impressive ET for most car's..reguardless of the setup.

Quick Reply: My car has no power f20b swap eg