Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Would you buy NEW NSX?

for some reason, the rear tail lights remind of a 72 Ford Thunderbird
Old 02-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good points in here. i guess im just not warmed up to hybrid technology. i think the main issue for me right now is the looks. the design doesnt really do much for me. i love the hsv010, but i know that isnt a realistic production car
Old 02-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks of the new nsx=lotus evora+mclaren mp4-12c+audi r8

Looks nice, just not my style

My checklist would be:
-6 speed manual
-rear or awd
-simple, smooth interior, mostly black, some silver trim...see s2000
-and when you see it, is it something you'll see 15 years from now and still have that special feeling of being unique
-while driving, would it be a feeling that would last as long as you own the car or would it get old?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd buy it if i was rich, but other than that probably not!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where are you guys getting your MSRP numbers from 170k no way in hell, if it is there is no one that will buy one for that price. At the detroit auto show Honda told me the car should be in the 120s and it's only coming out late 2014. They said the car should make close to 375-400hp without eletrical motor and it will ad roughly 150tq. Porsche sells 125,000+ 911s a year if they steal 5-8%% of that they should be doing really well, when they were tossing up the idea of v10 nsx, porsche owners were going mad for it and willing to drop deposits on the car to be built I hope they have the love for the new hybrid or else they won't hit their target market or numbers at all.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EM2Civic
Where are you guys getting your MSRP numbers from 170k no way in hell, if it is there is no one that will buy one for that price. At the detroit auto show Honda told me the car should be in the 120s and it's only coming out late 2014. They said the car should make close to 375-400hp without eletrical motor and it will ad roughly 150tq. Porsche sells 125,000+ 911s a year if they steal 5-8%% of that they should be doing really well, when they were tossing up the idea of v10 nsx, porsche owners were going mad for it and willing to drop deposits on the car to be built I hope they have the love for the new hybrid or else they won't hit their target market or numbers at all.
375-400hp from a 3.5 v6? Yea that's not gona happen unless your counting the added power of the electric motor or you have some sort of boost.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A C32a can make about 320hp with I/H/E, don't see why a 3.5L can't make 375-400hp.

F20c = 125hp / liter stock
Old 02-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think people arent gonna like the hybrid
Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by angryhillbilly
375-400hp from a 3.5 v6? Yea that's not gona happen unless your counting the added power of the electric motor or you have some sort of boost.
I honestly thought the same but... a G35 makes 307 out of a 3.5L and it's not like your buying a run of the mill car there will be a bunch of tech in the new nsx and I'd assume a pretty built engine with high compression from the factory should easily make 350+ even with those numbers I was honestly disappointed. 400hp supercars don't really do well in the 120k range.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think your forgetting that it's going to be a Direct Injection 3.5L V6 mated to a dual clutch 7-speed transmission. So 350-400hp is Definetly attainable just from the motor. With the increased power and Torque of the electric motors, all in a true to NSX form Lightweight Body...
I think we are underestimating this cars performance potential...
Old 02-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It is sad to listen to all of the stupidity on this thread. First off, maybe 2 people on this thread would be able to afford this car when it comes out anyway. The rest who are saying things like, '..I would not take it if you gave it to me...,' and drive 20 year old Civics are just haters. The target market for the new NSX (for the most part) is not on honda-tech anyway.

Second, ripping on a car's performance when it has not even had development finished is just ridiculous. Wait until a finished car is done before you start talking smack about what can and cannot be done. Honda is perfectly capable of making a 400hp car out of a V6 hybrid powerplant if they want to. They have the resources and the engineering skill to do it. Having friends in the Honda R&D Department has helped me get an inside track on this car, and I can promise you that many of you will be eating your words when it is done. So before running your mouths, wait and see what happens when the car is introduced in final form.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good, very Audi R8 esque. From an exterior stand point, I am a fan. Some tid bits here and there I am not 100% but overall it looks good. I love the idea that its a hybrid, heck I would love it even more if it was electric....torque through the roof. As long as the car is equipped with a manual and is fast, all good. Only time will tell...

P.S. I would buy it...might have to sell my kids/wife/drugs/etc. if funds are low.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
It is sad to listen to all of the stupidity on this thread. First off, maybe 2 people on this thread would be able to afford this car when it comes out anyway. The rest who are saying things like, '..I would not take it if you gave it to me...,' and drive 20 year old Civics are just haters. The target market for the new NSX (for the most part) is not on honda-tech anyway.

Second, ripping on a car's performance when it has not even had development finished is just ridiculous. Wait until a finished car is done before you start talking smack about what can and cannot be done. Honda is perfectly capable of making a 400hp car out of a V6 hybrid powerplant if they want to. They have the resources and the engineering skill to do it. Having friends in the Honda R&D Department has helped me get an inside track on this car, and I can promise you that many of you will be eating your words when it is done. So before running your mouths, wait and see what happens when the car is introduced in final form.
This.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would not take this car either, i do not think it looks right. just looks too much like an r8. plus once you stop production on a car, remaking it is never the same.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eg6bpd
Im so disapointed with this car .... I wouldnt take it even if it was given to me for free
your completely clueless
Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AMEN

we are dealing with uneducated kids
Old 02-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

finally ...a voice of reason
Old 02-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cmross13
and when was the NSX ever "the pinnacle of performance"?
In 1990, for a about 15 minutes. When R&T, M/T, and, C&D were hyping it's upcoming release as God's gift to the automotive kingdom. Granted, compared to 80's Ferrari's, the NSX, was a reliable, easier to drive, and, maintain car. But then, Honda sat on the same recipe for a decade, and, half as the rest of the Automotive world blew past them. Now they're trying to innovate once again, as it's their only way back into even a semblance of relevance. What the car will actually do, remains to be seen.

And in an Era when a $90K Nissan GT-R outperforms a $500K Lambo Aventador. To say Honda has their work cut out for them to give this car any appeal at all in showrooms, is an understatement.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Genetically Gay

if it smokes a gtr,lfa.etc.. ill buy it cash money.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I could never afford one, but do not want regardless.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What I don't understand is why Honda, and, Toyota dont get serious about the $50K to $65K performance car market segment. Rather than producing these pie-in-the sky, borderline concept cars. (ie LFA, NSX Hybrid)
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bet the new nsx will come with an all new 1.0l d-series hybrid, 12 srs airbags, and be 4000lbs
Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Jay

For a "concept" car, it looks pretty sweet. They blacked out the chrome front for this show. Its already evolving and its only been some weeks.

http://youtu.be/-jR5CQ-k4LA
Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Jay

Thanks Mitch. I just recently saw your interview in front of the car at the Autoshow. Great footage and great pics. I sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: Would you buy NEW NSX?