Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Will TPMS from a 09 CRV work on 08 Acura TSX wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will TPMS from a 09 CRV work on 08 Acura TSX wheels?

Hey guys i just recently sold my 08 Acura TSX alloy wheels which support TPMS. I sold them to a owner of a 09 Honda CRV and he states that the TPMS doesnt fit and wants a refund. Does this sound right? Shouldn't the CRV TPMS technically fit in any rim that supports the car?

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will TPMS from a 09 CRV work on 08 Acura TSX wheels?

could be diff parts but i would check the part# for both vehicles and if they match then they are interchangeable
Old 12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think they r the same.
but before you jump into conclusions take the car to firestone. we carry the latest tpms scan tool. and tell them you want to relearn the system
Old 12-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by enphenate
Hey guys i just recently sold my 08 Acura TSX alloy wheels which support TPMS. I sold them to a owner of a 09 Honda CRV and he states that the TPMS doesnt fit and wants a refund. Does this sound right? Shouldn't the CRV TPMS technically fit in any rim that supports the car?

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
So you sold him tsx wheels and his stock crv tpms sensors will not fit in the tsx wheels? Honda has a few different tpms sensors, and the crv and tsx don't share the same sensors. The crv sensors probably won't mount in the tsx wheel due to a clearance issue.

Originally Posted by 10psiLsEf2
i dont think they r the same.
but before you jump into conclusions take the car to firestone. we carry the latest tpms scan tool. and tell them you want to relearn the system
Crv's and tsx's don't use the same style tpms systems. The tsx uses an initiator type system, while the crv has a initiator-less system. The systems use different methods of communication between the tpms control unit and sensors. The main difference is that initiator type systems will display individual tire pressure (or just individual low pressure) on the vehicles gauge cluster and will basically auto learn it's sensors.