Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

01 CR-V timing belt replacement write up?

Old 10-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 CR-V timing belt replacement write up?

Did a search, and couldnt find anything really showing what needs to be done to change the timing belt. My wife just bought this car, an 01 CR-V w/136K miles. I am not near the vehicle, but when I go home in a few months, I am going to do some maintenance, and this is one item.
Any write ups with pics if possible would be great.
Thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 01 CR-V timing belt replacement write up?

I would seriously suggest going to Helminc.com or eBay and getting a Helms manual for the car. I will be a million times better than something on the internet.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hawkze_2.3
I would seriously suggest going to Helminc.com or eBay and getting a Helms manual for the car. I will be a million times better than something on the internet.
Helms are pretty good, and I Use it for a couple other vehicles.
But right now I am looking to see what others have to offer that a helms wont, experience with actual cars and suggestions to aleviate issues that come up. Here is a thread sent to me.
http://www.hondasuv.com/members/show...ht=Timing+Belt
Old 10-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have an oem honda manual that has step by step how to do it but its on my other comp. i will post the link later. im guessing you dont need it right away. oh and helms doesnt have the full sequence of steps needed to tension the belt. use an acctual honda manual. whats your email i can sent the file to you.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tougetuned_ef
i have an oem honda manual that has step by step how to do it but its on my other comp. i will post the link later. im guessing you dont need it right away. oh and helms doesnt have the full sequence of steps needed to tension the belt. use an acctual honda manual. whats your email i can sent the file to you.
Hey Thanks, my email is charleston2012@gmail.com
My wife just bought the car, and I want to get ahead of the game.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Steve40th
Hey Thanks, my email is charleston2012@gmail.com
My wife just bought the car, and I want to get ahead of the game.
do you have any service history? was it done at 80-100k? if so then you should be good for a year or 2 depending on the driving habits.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have any service history? was it done at 80-100k? if so then you should be good for a year or 2 depending on the driving habits.
My wife is going to Honda to run the VIN to see if they have a history on it. My wife is the second owner as the original owners were retired folks, and yes she met them. But, the owners manual wasnt in the car, and the CARFAX was clean.
The car is in very good shape and very clean. We are hoping, that the car was maintained correctly.
Once I get ahold of it, it will get regular things done to it.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Steve40th
My wife is going to Honda to run the VIN to see if they have a history on it. My wife is the second owner as the original owners were retired folks, and yes she met them. But, the owners manual wasnt in the car, and the CARFAX was clean.
The car is in very good shape and very clean. We are hoping, that the car was maintained correctly.
Once I get ahold of it, it will get regular things done to it.
no not owners manual i mean service manual. im sending it now.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no not owners manual i mean service manual. im sending it now.
Thanks, I was just giving an idea of where we are with the car and its history.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://hondatech.info/search/honda/

i couldnt email it cause its too big a file. here is the site to download it. go to the site and scroll down to the second set of links and download the 3rd one that is 37mb. it is a pdf of the acctual manual that the service tech uses in the dealership. ive personally used this manual to do my tb on my crv and i hope you have a laptop or macbook cause you will be refering to it over and over again. im lucky enough to have a buddy at my local dealership that let me borrow the manual and told me to put it on his toolbox on monday morning so i made sure i was there when the doors oped to return it. good luck! and makesure you follow ever step and re-read ever step cause if you mess up you could bend valves and that will turn into a huge bill. it took me two tries cause the first time i was off by a tooth and the car ran really rough. it took me 8 hours the first time and 2.5 hrs the second time since i knew what i was doing.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://hondatech.info/search/honda/

i couldnt email it cause its too big a file. here is the site to download it. go to the site and scroll down to the second set of links and download the 3rd one that is 37mb. it is a pdf of the acctual manual that the service tech uses in the dealership. ive personally used this manual to do my tb on my crv and i hope you have a laptop or macbook cause you will be refering to it over and over again. im lucky enough to have a buddy at my local dealership that let me borrow the manual and told me to put it on his toolbox on monday morning so i made sure i was there when the doors oped to return it. good luck! and makesure you follow ever step and re-read ever step cause if you mess up you could bend valves and that will turn into a huge bill. it took me two tries cause the first time i was off by a tooth and the car ran really rough. it took me 8 hours the first time and 2.5 hrs the second time since i knew what i was doing.
Wow, great links. Thanks for the help. Now I need to wait for dial up at my Hotel to get it loaded.
Again, thanks