Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

EBAY TURBO must see the damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EBAY TURBO must see the damage

I didnt need pics to know that all that cheap china ebay knock off was bad. I just used common sense.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaKyle
I didnt need pics to know that all that cheap china ebay knock off was bad. I just used common sense.
Agreed.

People are cheap, plain and simple.

Here is a grand idea, let's try and support our American based shops and workers, instead of sending our hard earned money over seas.

If you guys would quit buying eBay turbo crap, they wouldn't have much of a market.

I usually pay a little higher price here, and thats completely fine, b/c w/that pricetag is assurance if something goes wrong they will stand behind their product.

So in the end, it's actually cheaper for me to do it ONCE, instead of 2-3 times before I learn.

Old saying still holds true, "do it right, or do it twice".
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's not common sense. People have to experience these things and share with others. People do buy cheap turbos. Do you think most of these people buy it just for it to break.
So for the one's running around typing Its common sense and people should know better etc. Why need forums ? people like u must be a very rich person since these people don't make mistakes as they walk life. So please if you feel the need to to make others look smarter than others , make a new thread about how wise you are and tell people its common sense . HondaKyle
Maybe you need a hobby/job, besides sitting here reading post and just knocking people down and saying stupid things like common sense , maybe make some sense and post only when needed and know what your talking about
Get larger injectors, ditch the 3mm head gasket, better manifold with a bigger turbo. I dont see why people are still wasting money on GT turbos when you can get better precision journal bearings for cheaper.
and your one of them preaching about cheap turbos and one more thing , why whould you ditch a 3mm head gasket what happens when you put alot of boost on 11:1 engine , let me guess everyone who went with 3mm head gasket must not have used common sense

Last edited by chasmataz; 06-12-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chasmataz
It's not common sense. People have to experience these things and share with others. People do buy cheap turbos. Do you think most of these people buy it just for it to break.
So for the one's running around typing Its common sense and people should know better etc. Why need forums ? people like u must be a very rich person since these people don't make mistakes as they walk life. So please if you feel the need to to make others look smarter than others , make a new thread about how wise you are and tell people its common sense .

HondaKyle
Maybe you need a hobby/job, besides sitting here reading post and just knocking people down and saying stupid things like common sense , maybe make some sense and post only when needed and know what your talking about and your one of them preaching about cheap turbos and one more thing , why whould you ditch a 3mm head gasket what happens when you put alot of boost on 11:1 engine , let me guess everyone who went with 3mm head gasket must not have used common sense

Cars are my life not my hobby and my job is harder then yours. First of all compression has nothing to do with the amount of boost you can run; ask in the forced induction thread. Second, I'm not rich. I work 40-60 hours a week so I can finsh my 2nd turbo set up on my S2000. I'll be making 700-750 horse with a STOCK head gasket and a super super low compression of 9 with a 6262SP turbo : :O : . This is my 2nd set up because my first one was a mistake. The 3mm head gasket isnt a mistake but you really dont need it. Post your ebay turbo story in the forced induction forum and see what those guys have to tell you.

here is a thread called "Noobs and EBAY turbo's, your question's answered." https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/noobs-ebay-turbos-your-questions-answered-1749857/
Check it out.

Last edited by HondaKyle; 06-12-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cars are my life not my hobby and my job is harder then yours. First of all compression has nothing to do with the amount of boost you can run; ask in the forced induction thread. Second, I'm not rich. I work 40-60 hours a week so I can finsh my 2nd turbo set up on my S2000. I'll be making 700-750 horse with a STOCK head gasket and a super super low compression of 9 with a 6262SP turbo : :O : . This is my 2nd set up because my first one was a mistake. The 3mm head gasket isnt a mistake but you really dont need it. Post your ebay turbo story in the forced induction forum and see what those guys have to tell you.

here is a thread called "Noobs and EBAY turbo's, your question's answered." https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749857
Check it out.
This is to help people, not debate .Try running 16psi on a stock s2000 motor,see how lng that will last. why do you think people do the 3mm head gasket? Your on your second setup like me , you learn as you go on. I'm just going into more detail than that post you have told me to look at. What gets me is you start saying common sense , when a lot of people ask for advice. They definitely don't need people filling up the page with stupid comments like that one "Common Sense" the meaning to it is "Common-sense ideas tend to relate to events within human experience" Like shoot a gun at someone could kill them. Hit yourself with a hammer in the head would hurt. Argue with you is a waste of time! This is not debate
Old 06-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

or like what brand are you going to buy the knock off or the real deal.. Its up to the buyer. But all in all the 3mm head gasket is kinda pointless and compression has nothing to do with the amount of boost you run. Ever see a car with 14.1 on 15 psi? I have...
Old 06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Pretty-n-Pink

Originally Posted by chasmataz
This is to help people, not debate .Try running 16psi on a stock s2000 motor,see how lng that will last. why do you think people do the 3mm head gasket? Your on your second setup like me , you learn as you go on. I'm just going into more detail than that post you have told me to look at. What gets me is you start saying common sense , when a lot of people ask for advice. They definitely don't need people filling up the page with stupid comments like that one "Common Sense" the meaning to it is "Common-sense ideas tend to relate to events within human experience" Like shoot a gun at someone could kill them. Hit yourself with a hammer in the head would hurt. Argue with you is a waste of time! This is not debate
It last forever, ask me how i know...
Old 06-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you're not helping other people learn if you solely blame the china turbo for the result you ended up getting. i'm still set on it being the tune that ****ed up your turbo but it seems that you're refusing to consider it.....
Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Possible , but when i bought the kit said it was for honda s2000. This turbo could not handle the high rpms that this engine gives. lots of heat , friction , back pressure . This isnt the kit i but but real close just no obx manifold on this kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDMS-...Q5fAccessories
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kutsujus2k
Yeah dont install it
Old 06-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the rpm of the engine realistically has no effect on the turbo itself. sure it may increase the velocity and amount of gas emitted from the engine into the turbo but the amount varies with amount of boost and etc so the engine itself is not the reason the turbo reacted the way it did.

and yes, excessive heat is what caused the problem, but it seems that you don't know tuning is what affects the heat of the exhaust gases, the engine itself does not determine the exhaust gas temperature......

you really need to know what you're doing yourself before you "give advice" to other people as you claim you're doing... but of course, this is my opinion so you may disagree
Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by The Black Pearl
the rpm of the engine realistically has no effect on the turbo itself. sure it may increase the velocity and amount of gas emitted from the engine into the turbo but the amount varies with amount of boost and etc so the engine itself is not the reason the turbo reacted the way it did.

and yes, excessive heat is what caused the problem, but it seems that you don't know tuning is what affects the heat of the exhaust gases, the engine itself does not determine the exhaust gas temperature......

you really need to know what you're doing yourself before you "give advice" to other people as you claim you're doing... but of course, this is my opinion so you may disagree
Im not claiming that Im an expert on turbos because im not. just showing the damage to a cheap ebay knock off turbo
Old 06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I do feel that back pressure had a great deal to this turbo. If the heat cant escape fast enough where does the heat go? Could it have been the tune ? Possible , My set up had alot of exhaust restrictions for how much boost I was putting into it , and the fact that my vtec wasnt working because of back pressure. when this turbo was removed my vtec worked again . The turbo did work for about 500 miles then i noticed problems , backfires vtec not working , So the turbo heated up at some point started closing up causing more back pressure and heat, which i believed started tearing this turbo apart. So the question is why did this happen in the first place? yeah we can say tuner or my lack of turbos , but after reading on how cheaply made material used to make the fines on these turbos kinda points me to believe that its the turbo.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like the tuner wasnt that great. That kit looks like junk though.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kutsujus2k
haha, I was about to post a link to your video.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Pretty-n-Pink

How could you buy a kit like that? There's so many things wrong in that damn picture it's ridiculous!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah the vid boy that sucked what was happenening. I can admit when I did this turbo it was my first time doing a turbo. Many people told me not to put that junk on but I was out to prove myself. My car now is totally different now. The car has 345 rwhp now but soon to be higher soon. New additions are going to be lovefab racing manifold 1000cc injectors tial 44mm wastegate. Paid for just waiting to come hoping to hit around 500
Old 06-16-2010, 08:14 PM
mtg
Honda-Tech Member

damn i just bought one of those too. haha
Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear that. But I guess if your on a budget might workout for ya. Let us know how it does. It gave me 30 hp but that was my set up.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MC24
Like everyone said before, You get what you paid for, name brand parts may break the bank, but in the long run you'll save money, and maybe even your life (buying ebay suspension etc is dangerous)
I can vouch for your suspension comment. My car had ebay upper control arms on it when I bought it and one of the ball joints broke causing my wheel to go sideways and I almost crashed. Lucky I was going slow. I have a thread with a pic somewhere but I don't feel like searching for it right this second cause the game is on.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ebay stuff are not that bad,, Seriously,, $120 for a turbo,, what were you thinking?? Im pretty sure there are sellers on ebay that sells legit, good high end turbo... I wouldnt even bother posting on Honda-tech that an owner of a s2000 would actually put a $120 turbo on their supposed " higher end, better taste" vehicle... Dont blame ebay,,, blame the bright owner that really thought their $30k+ new car was gonna be alot faster with a $120 turbo....
Old 06-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16aEk4drbeater
Ebay stuff are not that bad,, Seriously,, $120 for a turbo,, what were you thinking?? Im pretty sure there are sellers on ebay that sells legit, good high end turbo... I wouldnt even bother posting on Honda-tech that an owner of a s2000 would actually put a $120 turbo on their supposed " higher end, better taste" vehicle... Dont blame ebay,,, blame the bright owner that really thought their $30k+ new car was gonna be alot faster with a $120 turbo....
maybe thread should have said look what a $120.00 turbo from ebay will get ya. I didnt realize thats this was a debate on buyers knowledge , I made a mistake , and you can read others have bought these turbos and worked great for them , others dont waste there time with them , like you , but there are people who take the chance and im just showing when I bought one and what happened. These cheap ebay turbos are JUNK whos arguing about that.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't try and win or explain anything to an S2000 owner...

They are far superior, more intelligent, better looking, etc etc etc, than all of us mere mortals.

How do I know...? I too once posted a simple question in the S2000 section.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ItsSlowYo
Don't try and win or explain anything to an S2000 owner.
They are far superior, more intelligent, better looking, etc etc etc, than all of us mere mortals.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ItsSlowYo
Don't try and win or explain anything to an S2000 owner...

How do I know...? I too once posted a simple question in the S2000 section.
Quoted.

Quick Reply: EBAY TURBO must see the damage