Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
Buddhamania
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default 97 accord starting problems

Ok here my problem. When its dry outside my accord starts just fine with no problems. When its muggy outside or you have condensation build up it wont start. It just cranks and cranks and cranks. Then after a few hours (usually) I can go out and start it right up. Like if its foggy out or after the sun comes out. Seems like it had to "dry" up before it will start. I have taken a plug wire off and stuck a spark plug in there to see if im getting spark and I am. Its also getting gas. I have taken the dist cap off to see if it was wet in there and its bone dry. I have checked all the connections and all but nothing seems to be out of place or unplugged or anything. Im at a loss here and my boss is getting mad at me for missing work or being late cause of this. Anyone got any ideas?
Buddhamania is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
1997, 97, accord, honda, problems, starting, troubleshooting