Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

MY EM1 project

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MY EM1 project

Admitting you're wrong is more noble than bluffing to sound smart. I have to ask questions on here quite often, and I consider myself quite educated when it comes to all this stuff. But there's so much stuff I'm clueless about. Hence the reason I ask questions and own up when I'm clueless.

Ask questions smartly and you will get proper answers. Good luck with building your honda, the possibilities are endless.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by roadsqueegy95
haha when i was 17 i only had a 91 hatch!!! and a damn DX at that!!! sooo blistering fast haha
lmfao i had a 91 si also...lmao w a ls swap in it..lmao the good old days i swore it was so quick..lol
Old 08-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHA ya i thought it was fast lol. man i remember going up a steep hill by my house, starting at the bottom at like 55-60 in 5th and by time i got to top be at like 35 in 3rd haha!!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i have to admit i though i was the fastest thing in town to, and i got raped by a couple of fords lol.
but im glad my civic is so slow, my accord got me in a lot of trouble.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:03 PM

My first brand new Honda was an EM1... Also was the fastest Honda I have owned( 13.40)Now I just get odd stares from people due to the odd looks of my car. Purple wheels FTW!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 98civdx
i have to admit i though i was the fastest thing in town to, and i got raped by a couple of fords lol.
but im glad my civic is so slow, my accord got me in a lot of trouble.
Hahahaha,I know the feeling. I thought my EM1 was untouchable until a Dodge Dart cleaned my clock back when I was young,stupid,and street raced.....
Old 08-18-2009, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by robfrmny21
please tell me your joking with this thread, i think i just got dumber reading your post.
the only thing you seem to know real good is that you have a civic and honda produced it with a single cam.

so you know to convert a non Si model to a Si clone you will need the following
b16 swap, and ecu and exhaust sytem
cluster,radio
seats
si steering wheel and shift ****
front lower control arms
front sway bar and end links
rear disc brakes
rear sway bar and end links
rear sub frame<=== yes it is different
si wheels
color matched side skirts and moldings, lip kit, si badge

i might be missing a few other things like a proper vin tag but you get the idea
What's different about the rear subframe???
Old 08-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by TorquelessEM1
Hahahaha,I know the feeling. I thought my EM1 was untouchable until a Dodge Dart cleaned my clock back when I was young,stupid,and street raced.....
haha, i got beat so bad i just slowed down faster turned and went some where else.
but it was kenny bell cobra lol what was thinking??

i dont think there is a difference becaus they both have sway bars stock, now if we were talking my car there is, becasue mine was designed to have a sway bar stock and wasnt reenforced.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:23 PM

haha, i got beat so bad i just slowed down faster turned and went some where else.

i dont think there is a difference becaus they both have sway bars stock, now if we were talking my car there is, becasue mine was designed to have a sway bar stock and wasnt reenforced.
Turns out the guy in the Dart was cool. Ran into him at the next light and he told me it ran 12.40's. So,it was a whole second faster than I was.And as far as the rear subframe,I want to say its just beefier due to the rear sway on the EM1,but I could be totally off base with that assumption........
Old 08-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man first off why would you buy a 08' exhaust for a 00' Civic. That was a complete waste. It won't fit for one and you could of got a nice exhaust for probably less then what you paid for that.

Second you called it a EM1. Then you said you want it to be a Type R, then you called it a ek and you didn't want it to look like a ek when you are done. Are you expecting it to be a Gremlin or what?

Just because you are 17 doesn't make people think you are supposed to be less knowledgable about Honda's and feel bad. I'm the same age and I knew you were gonna get flamed just by looking at the first post. Sad to say people beat me to the punch.

I know you probably won't ever get on your account again, but you probably have a new one and look back and your thread just to see how stupid you still are.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Team Si by FCC
it is a EM1
lma-motherfuzzy-O!

i had soooooooo many quotes, that by the time i hit "reply" my bandwidth reached through the screen and choked me.

OP, i am in for results. PLEASE post your dyno sheet when your GT25R on 10psi makes 300 horsepower on a d-series.

*EDIT* nevermind, how foolish of me i didn't realize you were going to be installing racing valves as well.

You will probably make somewhere between 450-475whp with that set-up, just be careful it can get crazy in a hurry, but i'm sure you already know from hitting SOHC vtec in your ek9 SI EM1 type R when your racing on the weekends.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TorquelessEM1
Turns out the guy in the Dart was cool. Ran into him at the next light and he told me it ran 12.40's. So,it was a whole second faster than I was.And as far as the rear subframe,I want to say its just beefier due to the rear sway on the EM1,but I could be totally off base with that assumption........
i don't believe there is a difference to be quite honest, but then again i could be wrong too.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Well I am sitting here watching Gladiator and reading that hurt more than getting in a fight with Russel Crowe. OP sorry this snowballed on you like that lol. Seeing as how you are only 17 why dont you start with the basics. Upgrade your brakes, get some good wheels with grippy tires, and upgrade the suspension. There is no point in investing in all that power if you cant control it. Personally I would rather have a car that handles like a dream and can float through the corners than something that can get you to the next stop light really fast.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
lma-motherfuzzy-O!

i had soooooooo many quotes, that by the time i hit "reply" my bandwidth reached through the screen and choked me.

hahaha.
i just talked to a few people and they said the same thing i did no differnce, but we could be wrong.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
You will probably make somewhere between 450-475whp with that set-up, just be careful it can get crazy in a hurry, but i'm sure you already know from hitting SOHC vtec in your ek9 SI EM1 type R when your racing on the weekends.
Epic!

Sigg'd
Old 08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rehaf
What's different about the rear subframe???
SINCE THE SI CAMe WITH a rear sway bar it also came with provisions on the rear sub frame, it is 4 welded on nuts with a metal plate added for braceing to prevent sub frame tear out with stock sway bar. prior civics and teggys were prone to this even with stock sway bars
Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

em1 was the only civic from the 96-00 body stlye to come with a rear sway bar
Old 08-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Team Si by FCC
it is a EM1
EM1 is a Si Coupe that is only made in the US during 99-00 which has a B16a2. Unless your getting confused with the Canadian Civic Coupe Si(EJ8) which is the same as a EX in the US using a D16y8. JDM versions such as a Civic Ferio Si(EJ8) had a B16A while the Civic Hatchback(EK4 & EK9) uses a B16B. Either way, the Ferio(Sedan) or the Coupe's chassis codes are EJ.

Back on topic. If you are going turbo, first I suggest you get your suspension setup, then bigger brakes before you start on your turbo. I can't tell you how shitty my EX brakes are when I went up to 16s. All it does is ABS kicks in the rain constantly.

Last edited by D3vin; 08-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

em1 was the only civic from the 96-00 body stlye to come with a rear sway bar
EX also.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SINCE THE SI CAMe WITH a rear sway bar it also came with provisions on the rear sub frame, it is 4 welded on nuts with a metal plate added for braceing to prevent sub frame tear out with stock sway bar. prior civics and teggys were prone to this even with stock sway bars
and this isn't entirely true either, civics and integras excluding type R's were prone to subframe tearout when using a larger diameter sway bar. I'm sorry but if that little 13mm sway bar was enough to pull my rear subframe apart you wouldnt see me driving anything with an H or an A on the front of it.