Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

obd codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd codes

i have a 02 civic and i bought a actron pocketscan obd and i hook it to my car and show me 2codes that show me was p1456- mil on= monitors -0 inc-7 ready- misfire fuel comp catalyst evap 02 sensor htr i know about the code p1456 but could that be 02 sensor code be related with the code or do i have a bod sensors any help thanks
Old 06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: obd codes

your only giving us 1 code which is p1456 which is a evap leak on the fuel tank side (possibly leaving ur fuel cap loose after filling up)..wut is ur 2nd code?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think your reading the scanner wrong.

p1456..yes...leak of fuel vapors on fuel tank side. ekb16 sums that one up nicely.

mil on- manufacturer indicator light is what that stands for. and yes your check engine light is on due to p1456

monitors 0.. each system in yoru car has monitors. one for misfire, one for heated o2, catalyst, o2, fuel.. etc. Each "monitor" would need to reset "if" you clear your codes. some monitors reset first ignition cycle..others reset after 2 or more ignition cycles.

out of yoru 7 monitors...all of them are "ready" status (meaning the went throw thier own self check)

it sounds liek you have just one code....if i was you..i would tighten your gas cap and clear that code.

never gas up while your car is running!! (just guessing that this is why the code is there) lol

here is the steps to diag that code if you are up to it. taken straight from napafix webiste.

1. To test the EVAP system, scan the Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) sensor voltage or test it with a Digital Volt Ohmmeter (DVOM). The sensor has a 3-wire connector, located by the canister on the bracket. The Light Green wire connects to the FTP sensor signal. The voltage should be close to 2.5v with the fuel cap removed and the ignition key turned on.

2. With the fuel cap on, start the engine and allow it to run. The fuel tank should build pressure and voltage should increase to 2.8v or 2.9v, if there are no leaks in the fuel tank area or in the fuel cap.

3. After the voltage increases, turn the engine off and verify that the voltage holds (does not decrease). If the voltage starts to decrease, clamp off the hose from the Bypass Solenoid (BS) and the 2-way valve assembly that runs to the charcoal canister, and see if the fuel tank holds pressure.

4. If the fuel tank holds pressure under these conditions, replace the 2-way valve and the BS, and re-test.

5. If the leak remains, use a smoke machine to check for a leak in the fuel tank and filler neck areas.

Potential Causes: Defective BS Two-Way Valve
Cracked Evaporative Emission Hose
Malfunctioning Fuel Cap

Tech Tips: This code can set if the fuel cap is left loose or if the BS and 2-way valve leaks. If the valve leaks, it allows the fuel tank pressure to decrease (into the charcoal canister) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) will set this code.

Diagnostic Codes: P1456
Old 06-19-2009, 07:36 AM
New User

thansk guys for you input i dont know was the second code thats what the code reader gave me so i really dont know why is telling me aboput a second code. anyways i check my gas cap yesterday and i found out that the gasket wasnt all tha way in so i put it back all the way and i clear the codes thanks again for your input