Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

'New' accord !

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'New' accord !

Howdy! Im new to the forum and new to honda itself. I've just been given a '97 Accord EX. It has about 110xxx miles on it and is in generally healthy condition. Several dings and bumps and the paint is shot to hell (this was my sisters car before i got it...)but mechanically it is sound. I've had a 97 Sentra now for 2 years and i hope its a smooth transition for me, I am sure gonna miss the 3 pedals and the 5 gears to choose from but hey, i get stability and a moonroof!!!! any how the ABS is out and other little things that need to be fixed and hence why im here. i hope to search and learn from this forum and keep the accord kicking till 300k! sorry bout the long post!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 'New' accord !

Originally Posted by Divo25
any how the ABS is out and other little things that need to be fixed and hence why im here. i hope to search and learn from this forum and keep the accord kicking till 300k! sorry bout the long post!
i hope to search and learn from this forum

Thank you. Key word: Search.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tpot90
i hope to search and learn from this forum

Thank you. Key word: Search.

No reason to be a dick.

------------------------------------

Welcome dude.
You didnt realy ask a question.
What have you done to trouble-shoot the ABS situation?
If you have a more specific question I am sure myself or countless other people can answer your question.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Divo25
Howdy! Im new to the forum and new to honda itself. I've just been given a '97 Accord EX. It has about 110xxx miles on it and is in generally healthy condition. Several dings and bumps and the paint is shot to hell (this was my sisters car before i got it...)but mechanically it is sound. I've had a 97 Sentra now for 2 years and i hope its a smooth transition for me, I am sure gonna miss the 3 pedals and the 5 gears to choose from but hey, i get stability and a moonroof!!!! any how the ABS is out and other little things that need to be fixed and hence why im here. i hope to search and learn from this forum and keep the accord kicking till 300k! sorry bout the long post!
Welcome, to Honda-Tech; and Seasons Greetings!

You've got a great collection of contributors here, so if you get no answers from one, you'll most certainly get one from someone else.

P
Old 12-22-2008, 01:23 PM

thanks guys. Brad, i didnt really have a specific question, this was sort of an introductory post (which i now realize is pointless, sorry, ima newb!). as far as the abs thing is concerned i took it to the dealership and they said that the abs pump wasnt working adn they were gonna charge me alot for it to be fixed. im going to research around here to see if this is an in-home type of job or if im going to go without ABS all together. Im used to 2 11inch rotors up front (with no abs) and drums in the back in the sentra and im sure that the accord, even without the ABS will stop just fine comprared to the horrors that the sentra showed me ! Any how im going to search more bout this issue and if i have any specific questions that werent answered ill post em. thanks again guys and happy holidays to you too !
Old 12-23-2008, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you hear the ABS pump going for about minute before the lite comes on? If you do, try filling the reservoir with brake fluid and bleeding the pump. There is also a write up on how to stop the fluid leak on FAQ, fixing it for $1.50.