Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1999 Honda Civic Coupe door panel

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Honda Civic Coupe door panel

Hello, I just fixed my window track, but I can't get the door panel back on. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to clip it on? The clips are what are giving me trouble
Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1999 Honda Civic Coupe door panel (inaety)

try to snap and aligned the top part of the panel first, when you get that straight the clips will be aligned with the holes and then just press the panel on. check the clips sometimes they are bend.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:58 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Make sure the clips are all on the panel and not the door.

Then slide the top of the panel onto the door. Use a forward motion by putting the front top edge of the panel into the slot where the glass is.

Once you get the panel in place, hit it along the edges to get the clips to go back in place.

Don't forget to take into consideration the manual window handle or the power door harnesses.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Make sure the clips are all on the panel and not the door.

Then slide the top of the panel onto the door. Use a forward motion by putting the front top edge of the panel into the slot where the glass is.

Once you get the panel in place, hit it along the edges to get the clips to go back in place.

Don't forget to take into consideration the manual window handle or the power door harnesses.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the tip.

The 6th gen panels are a complete pain in the *** to get on compared to the 5th gen panels. After the first time I had to adjust the track and i put that panel back on, by the time I was done I wanted to shoot somebody.

It's like it almost fits, then the tweeter gets in the way and you have to take it back off again. 6th gen door panels = major major lose .
Old 08-25-2008, 02:02 PM
H-T White Ops

I'd rather mess with 6th gen door panels than 5th gen panels.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd rather mess with 6th gen door panels than 5th gen panels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You for real?

I had no problems getting my 5th gen panels on and off (for what reason I took 'em off I don't remember).

I literally wanted to go find my kitty so I could choke her to death after I finished spending 10 minutes trying to get that pain in the *** panel on my EJ8.

I just don't get how it's set up with the tweeter 'n all - it almost hangs nicely, then the tweeter won't get in, and u have to feed the tweeter wires, it's a stupid design.

And you can't put the tweeter panel on first or it won't fit, so you gotta put it half way on, then put the tweeter panel half on - then push together - IT SUCKS. Worst setup I've ever seen, EVER. And coming from a guy that used to work in a body shop, that means something .
Old 08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1999 Honda Civic Coupe door panel (inaety)

get the top inplace and start with the top rear clip. You should be able to see it and guide it into the hole, once that one is inplace, make your way around the panel by pushing it towards the door every eight inches or so.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:20 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You for real?

I had no problems getting my 5th gen panels on and off (for what reason I took 'em off I don't remember).

I literally wanted to go find my kitty so I could choke her to death after I finished spending 10 minutes trying to get that pain in the *** panel on my EJ8.

I just don't get how it's set up with the tweeter 'n all - it almost hangs nicely, then the tweeter won't get in, and u have to feed the tweeter wires, it's a stupid design.

And you can't put the tweeter panel on first or it won't fit, so you gotta put it half way on, then put the tweeter panel half on - then push together - IT SUCKS. Worst setup I've ever seen, EVER. And coming from a guy that used to work in a body shop, that means something .</TD></TR></TABLE>
Fifth gen sedan. Door handles have to scoot forward in order to remove (they can be a real pain to lock back in place later and it's not obvious to slide them forward in the first place if you've never done it before). There was something else that was a pain on those, but I can't remember what it was since I've only removed the panels twice.

I know for the (5G) front panels you have to screw the window switch to the back of the panel before you put the panel back on the car too.

I know we removed my door panel on my '98 coupe without removing the tweeter. It only took a few minutes to take the panel off and put it back on. We didn't mess with any wiring save for disconnecting the windows and locks and then connecting them again.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I've never had to take a 6th gen door panel off yet so I can't comment on them. But i've taken 5th gen door panels (both 2 and 4 door) off so many times i'm reasonably confident that i could do it in my sleep. That said I suspect that whatever you're used to is easiest, you tend to learn little tricks to make things easier.