Notices

HASPORT cable to hydro conversion, VS Innovative Cable to Hydro conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (alphajesse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alphajesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't see the point of installing that if the clutch is still ultimately actuated by a cable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

With the right setup you can gain mechanical advantage putting less stress on the cable. That would lessen the chance of stretch and/or breakage.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (1990crxsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1990crxsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

With the right setup you can gain mechanical advantage putting less stress on the cable. That would lessen the chance of stretch and/or breakage.</TD></TR></TABLE>

which also leads to less stress on your leg! And due to the ease of controlling the clutch release you also lessen the damage you might do to your tranny!!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No2Psi

This was the guy that started off this thread, and his problem was not being able to adjuxt the clutch. Either it was too loose and would slip or it was too tight and he couldn't shift. I have the same problem with my cable-activated Integra LS tranny. There's about 3" of free play in the pedal, then a very stiff pedal (Exedy street clutch) for the last 2". This doesn't seem like a cable stretch problem. I don't see how the clutch can slip with all that free play in the pedal.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 PM

its a pain in the butt, i tried adjsuting mnie a little bit ; it kinda worked but when i go to pull out in first it lets out real high
Old 01-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Twilight)

WHAT INNOVATIVE MASTER CLUTCH CYLINDER SIDE U USEING THE 5/8" OEM or 3/4" Racer) because that will make a diffrence
Old 01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (mario_pic)

you bumped up a long dead thread my friend.

who are you even talking to? click his name, look at his last post date. if its somewhat recent, PM him for the answer.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (STREETWERKZ)

PICS?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:20 AM

Default Re: (DARKB20)

Innovative Mounts cable to hydro billet mounts with actuator installed:

Innovative Mounts for us!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HASPORT cable to hydro conversion, VS Innovative Cable to Hydro conversion

I know this is an Old thread but I thought I would add my two cents for future readers.
I have experience with both conversion kits.

I have a 90 EF hatch with a B18C Integra motor under the hood,

For the first 2 years I used the innovative conversion, after about a year and a half the main bolt in the middle of the adapter broke and I had to custom make one to replace it. The pedal always felt very stiff and seemed to grab at different points randomly. Also, the innovative conversion itself always seemed wobbly and loose, even when i tightened down the main bolt it would still loosen back up.

I got the Hasport conversion and installed it two weeks ago. The hasport assembly is SOLID (does not wiggle around like the innovative did) And the pedal resistance is WAY less than the innovative conversion. I barely have to press the clutch pedal down compared to the resistance I had before.

I havn't had any cable stretching issues as some have mentioned. And overall EXTREMELY pleased with the Hasport conversion.

I wish I had gotten the Hasport conversion to begin with. It is 100% better IMHO.

~Thanks
Mike L (Denver)
Old 05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HASPORT cable to hydro conversion, VS Innovative Cable to Hydro conversion

GET THE SONEM HYDRO CONVERSION INSTEAD.........
Old 06-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys, this thread is completely screwing me up but I have a crx, 91 si, which I am getting a Hydo B16B soon, but i plan to keep the cable system, and just convert it to work with the hydro tranny, and I plan to get a innovative one but what do I actually need, the actuator hinge, or the actuator conversion itself here are the links what do I need?
http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=41001
http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=41000
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Best kit available right now no welding no cutting sensors stay intact

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125275
Old 06-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=DeCoY;42589391]I know this is an Old thread but I thought I would add my two cents for future readers.
I have experience with both conversion kits.

I have a 90 EF hatch with a B18C Integra motor under the hood,

For the first 2 years I used the innovative conversion, after about a year and a half the main bolt in the middle of the adapter broke and I had to custom make one to replace it. The pedal always felt very stiff and seemed to grab at different points randomly. Also, the innovative conversion itself always seemed wobbly and loose, even when i tightened down the main bolt it would still loosen back up.

I got the Hasport conversion and installed it two weeks ago. The hasport assembly is SOLID (does not wiggle around like the innovative did) And the pedal resistance is WAY less than the innovative conversion. I barely have to press the clutch pedal down compared to the resistance I had before.

I havn't had any cable stretching issues as some have mentioned. And overall EXTREMELY pleased with the Hasport conversion.

I wish I had gotten the Hasport conversion to begin with. It is 100% better IMHO.

~Thanks
Mike L (Denver)[/QUOTED]
Does anybody know if either company has redesigned there product?
this is the first ive ever heard bad things about innovatives things. And i was literly about tho puch the purchase button for the conversion kit when i saw this thread. THANK YOU!!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay I have figured it out and here is some help for you guys, if you have a car that had a cable transmission and you just bought a hydro transmission you have 2 choices

1. buy slave cylinders, master cylinders, clutch lines, pedal assembly, etc and convert your car to a hydro clutch car or

2. you can get a actuator lever that will technically make your hydro transmission a cable one by removing all the hydro stuff, it is cheaper and easier hope it now makes sense to all of you

but I do have one question if you convert your hydro clutch to a cable one with the innovative or hasport actuator, do you need hydro of cable clutch motor mounts?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by judgeDredd
Best kit available right now no welding no cutting sensors stay intact

I'd like to see better pics of this bracket actually mounted on the pedal assembly but out of the car. More info please.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Brendon12
hey guys, this thread is completely screwing me up but I have a crx, 91 si, which I am getting a Hydo B16B soon, but i plan to keep the cable system, and just convert it to work with the hydro tranny, and I plan to get a innovative one but what do I actually need, the actuator hinge, or the actuator conversion itself here are the links what do I need?
http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=41001
http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=41000
I tried the Hasport mechanical linkage kit and the Innovative remote master cylinder kit on my car before and would not recommend either unless you are going to be using a completely stock clutch and pressure plate. Both of these kits require a ridiculous amount of effort to actuate the clutch if you use a performance pressure plate. Also complete engagement/disengagement was always a problem. I was using an ACT HD pressure plate w/6puck disc and broke two pedal assemblies within two weeks.

I have since gone with the Sonem(Suja1) kit and have had better results after moderately reinforcing the bracket. Pedal effort is still quite firm but not as bad as with the other kits. At least I can actuate the clutch and it engages/disengages properly.

I would have to recommend the Sonem kit but this kit posted by judgeDredd looks promising too.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This kit is still in test marketing, basicly waiting customer feed back. I ve released a small number of these to the public here locally so I can get road test results form others the my self. The bracketery and configuration have been testing for over two years and have been in use for over 30000 miles of real driving simulation. as of now the kit is in perfect standing and no other testing needed. Version 2 is already in effect and is what will be released to the public in a very short time.

pictures and how to's will follow aswell. In car video and clutch actuation silumations to accompany.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Lo-Buck EF
could it possibly be the excessive pedal pressure of the ACT pressure plate stretching the cable, not the conversion.
Yeah, my act sucked as far as the pedal pressure was concerned.
My exedy is pretty soft compared.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How much stuff under the dash has to be removed? I know on the Sonem(Suja1) kit you would loose the the vent and defrost on the drivers side.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hush22
The bracketery and configuration have been testing for over two years and have been in use for over 30000 miles of real driving simulation. as of now the kit is in perfect standing and no other testing needed. pictures and how to's will follow aswell. In car video and clutch actuation silumations to accompany.
Have you tried this kit with performance clutches and if so how was the pedal effort? Thanks for the response and please keep us posted on the progress. Looks like a contender!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This kit is still in test marketing, basicly waiting customer feed back. I ve released a small number of these to the public here locally so I can get road test results form others the my self. The bracketery and configuration have been testing for over two years and have been in use for over 30000 miles of real driving simulation. as of now the kit is in perfect standing and no other testing needed. Version 2 is already in effect and is what will be released to the public in a very short time.

pictures and how to's will follow aswell. In car video and clutch actuation silumations to accompany.

i am also interested to know ball park pricing on this and what was stated above about what needed to be removed....could we have some better pics as to how it was mounted?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OddityDX
How much stuff under the dash has to be removed? I know on the Sonem(Suja1) kit you would loose the the vent and defrost on the drivers side.
yes, you would still loose the vent and the tube. This part is intended for off road use. Those also looking for the "tuck" look understand that in most casing loosing things like A/C heater core, blower motor, etc... is common place. The pictures posted on the other website were more of a teaser. Website and E Commerce are still in the building process. When websites up and running all your questions will be answered.

Pricing can not yet be stated but what i can tell you it will be competitive and will far exceed anyone's expectations.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes, you would still loose the vent and the tube. This part is intended for off road use. Those also looking for the "tuck" look understand that in most casing loosing things like A/C heater core, blower motor, etc... is common place. The pictures posted on the other website were more of a teaser. Website and E Commerce are still in the building process. When websites up and running all your questions will be answered.
Yes the Bracket has been tested with several different types of pressure plates. We have developed a pretty gnarly torque measuring devise which will also posted as a video showing the amount of torque thrust my product can handle.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good. Thanks again for the fast response.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would wait for the Hush22 kit speaking from experiences with have used the sonem kit myself.

Quick Reply: HASPORT cable to hydro conversion, VS Innovative Cable to Hydro conversion