Notices

mid engine ef2

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: mid engine ef2

installed dashboard with electronic speedometer from ef5 civic shuttle. it fitted perfectly without any modifications. today connected vss and now the speedometer is fully functional.

this week i annoyed my friend with tig welder and he welded new ITB intake manifold.

yesterday i bolted the reciever box to it and it fitted the car very good.
without filters and with bolted edge runners.

with two caldina gt-t air filters
Old 08-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great! Just getting it on the road puts you further than most people, most RWD projects fail. You're doing it right by getting it done quick & dirty first, then upgrading while you get to enjoy driving it.

BTW I'd love to this car drag race against your other car. It'd be interesting to see two similar engines & bodies but vastly different layouts go head to head.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HiProfile
Looks great! Just getting it on the road puts you further than most people, most RWD projects fail. You're doing it right by getting it done quick & dirty first, then upgrading while you get to enjoy driving it.

BTW I'd love to this car drag race against your other car. It'd be interesting to see two similar engines & bodies but vastly different layouts go head to head.
yeah. at least two of my friends build their perfect race cars for a many years. i was very afraid that i get one more never-ending project so i tryed to put the car on the road as fast as I can, even sacrificing quality, reliability and beauty. so. some of weak components are needed to be revisited. but it is not a great problem and I can do it for a years while driving fully functional mid engine civic

now i installed car alarm system, fix many electrical problems with lights, accesories etc and i drive this car every day. now i am going to repair body, because the exterior is completly horrible.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi everyone!
Did not update the thread for a long time. The car was runned for about a month and the car design seems to be reliable so far.

What I have done since last update:

Covered the engine bay with antinoise material.

Repaired driver door joints. They were heavy worn. One bolt of the lower joint cannot be unscrewed because of the nut which was riped off inside the body pillar. So I cutted the pillar, welded new nut and welded the pillar back.
The lower part of the pillar and the right doorsill need to be repaired

One of my friend who has tig welder welded new intake manifold for ITBs

Then I made intake manifold box

And here is another side of box

Assembled itbs together. After I connected the intake box with inlets in rear wings I was laughed for a couple of hours

My friends call it 'legs of the Bender'

Then I decided to make custom fuel tank. First of all i made the carton mockup. The small box is needed for fuel pump to do not suck-in air in corners and accelerations. (sorry i do not know exact term)

and few days ago weld the tank from 3mm AlMg2 alloy.

The fuel tank neck will be fixed on the fuel tank

And I made hole in the hood to fill the tank without opening of it.

And here is how it looks with cap
Old 01-11-2015, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Did not updated for a long time. The car is used as everyday car. It behaves on a road very nice. I realy like it. Since last update I added rear sway bar which greatly improved stability of the rear axle of the car and at next weekend I am going to change front sway bar to another front accord CL1 28mm one.

Rear sway bar

There were a lot of problems with the coolant system and heater, but all of them were solved. The additional coolant pump Bosch was installed in order to fix the problem with circulation of coolant fluid to heater and back.

The car was tested when the outside temp was -20 F degrees, and inside temperature was quite camfortable.

The engine was changed to H23A DOHC VTEC with Red Top camshafts.

In addition, I was very impressed how the mid engine car can accelarate even on winter snow road. This video was taken tomorrow when the temp was about 5 F degrees, the tires are ordinary Continental Viking.

It is impossible acceleration on winter road for ordinary RWD or FWD car.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi everyone!

The car is still alive.
Through last 3 years many mods were done, and the car is being used as everyday car.

first of all, now the color is lotus laser blue!

classic throttle body was changed to k24 electronic throttle body, which is controlled by my handmade control module

the PCB (JDM Sir-T F20B) intake manifold was modded in order to bolt on throttle body

also i added engine parameters monitor. first version is that

it is not very beatiful but fully functional.

now it shows following parameters:

air fuel ratio, fuel level in fuel tank in %, coolant temperature and battery voltage, oil temperature and pressure, accelerator pedal position and actual throttle position.

also opel electrical power steering pump was installed

and now i think to swap the engine to J32A JDM from Honda Inspire Type S, but absence of factory tranny really bother me.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:25 AM
GDD Lonely Krew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant believe I commented on this 3 years ago and you're still on it. Great to see you have come this far and the car looks fantastic. Good luck with your future plans and a job well done from your Armenian brother...
Old 01-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow awesome!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is bad ***! Good to see it still going!