Notices
Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

IF YOU NEED A RADIO CODE, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default IF YOU NEED A RADIO CODE, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD.

The bottom of this post will reveal the way to retrieve your radio code and save everyone a lot of time and stress.

This thread was created due to the large amount of radio code requests in here every single day. If you need a radio code, there are dozens of people in here who can provide it for you, but they risk losing their jobs giving these radio codes out. If you put in a request for a radio code, the chances of receiving a code are very slim. Luckily, there are ways you can retrieve the code yourself and they are listed below.

Try this website first to see if you can get a code: https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Otherwise, read further:

If your Honda or Acura is a 2000 model year or older, you will need to do the following:

- Remove radio unit. I won't provide instructions do to this because it's different for every model and year, but it isn't difficult at all to figure out. You don't need to remove the radio all the way, just far enough to read some numbers on top of the head unit.

- The serial number is located on a sticker (usually white) on top of the head unit. If you see a number starting with M1C, M3G, M46, or YEFM, these are NOT the serial number and you should look elsewhere on the sticker. The serial number is sometimes numbers only and sometimes it will contain letters "Ref" or "CQ" before the number. If in doubt, write down all numbers on the sticker or take a picture of it.

- Put radio back into dash.

- Now you can either drive to the Honda or Acura dealer, provide proof of ownership, give them the numbers, and get your code

or

You can call Client Services, but you will be required to provide your VIN number, radio serial number, as well as proof of ownership.

Acura Client Services: 1-800-328-2238
Honda America Client Services: 1-800-999-1009

Acura Canada Client Services: (888) 922-8729
Honda Canada Client Services: (888) 946-6329

If your Honda or Acura is a 2002 or newer model year, please follow the directions below:

-Turn your radio off.

- Turn key to the ON position. Do not start, just leave ignition in ON position.

- Press and hold the numbers 1 and 6 on your radio with one hand.

- Using your other hand, turn the radio on while keeping 1 and 6 pressed.

- Ten characters will appear on the screen, usually alphanumeric. Write down all the numbers you see.

- Now you can either drive to the Honda or Acura dealer, provide proof of ownership, give them the numbers, and get your code.

or

You can call Client Services, but you will be required to provide your VIN number, radio serial number, as well as proof of ownership.

Acura Client Services: 1-800-328-2238
Honda America Client Services: 1-800-999-1009

Acura Canada Client Services: (888) 922-8729
Honda Canada Client Services: (888) 946-6329

If your Honda or Acura is a 2001 model year, you can usually follow the directions for the 2002+ model years, but a few Accords require instructions for the 2000 and older cars.

Last edited by slomofo; 07-25-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:06 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: IF YOU NEED A RADIO CODE, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD.

nice info... Sticky please!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MSchu
nice info... Sticky please!

I thought you were the moderator.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot this really help me out they giveu the code for free yay ! :D sticky iky
Old 06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if u unplug the battery will u have to put a code for the radio?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 PM
GDD Member

Originally Posted by 092eg6
if u unplug the battery will u have to put a code for the radio?

Yes.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice info. the sad thing is all these people will still ask for a code instead of calling acs or hcs.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 AM
GDD Member

Originally Posted by the_penetrator
this is something else if u have a cl-s i found the code on the left side of the glove box... on the left outside wall of your glove compartment after u open the compartment

Most newer Acuras (not the RSX) and Accords have the code in the glove box. I didn't mention this because as you may have noticed, a lot of people in here aren't very good at reading all the way through, so they'd probably expect to see it on every Honda model.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:06 AM
Trial User

Having these two links in the original post would be helpful.

https://radio-navicode.acura.com/

https://radio-navicode.honda.com
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by BLACK-AC
I have a 2006 Acura RL and need the Navigation code. Is there any way other than take the CD player out? My radio works,when the battery was drained it shut doen my navigation. Help Please
The vehicles original selling dealer will have the Navi code on file.

If the option above is not available then the navi serial number is located on the navi unit. You will need this serial number when calling your local Honda dealer to retrieve your code from the online network.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by keepnthefaith
Hi,

I'm newly registered to this site in hopes I can get help getting a radio code for my son's 1994 Honda Civic. I'm visiting him on his spring break; car had died, and now radio won't work and asks for "code". Tried to get the radio out to get the serial #, but one screw is stripped. I have the VIN # if that helps. Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Renay
Unfortunately The radio code can not be retrieved with the VIN number. you will need to remove the radio and get the serial number from the unit.

If the vehicle came with an owners manual there may be a bussiness card from Honda stating the radio code. If you know the vehicles original selling dealer they may have the radio code on file, but due to the age it is unlikely.

Replacement radio units are cheap and easy to install if all of the above fails.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:41 AM

email me at contact@torontohondaparts.com and I will send you a radio form.

fill out radio retrieval form and email it back.

I will email your radio code.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:10 PM
GDD Member

Originally Posted by PilotMan81
In case it hasn't been posted yet: There is a link to Honda's website that provides the radio reset code. All you need is your VIN, radio serial, and phone # and zip used when buying the car. Click on the "Codes" tab once you've collected all of the necessary info. I have a 2011 pilot so I'm assuming this will only work for cars that were bought new from a Honda dealership.

Link: https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

I'll edit the original post to reflect that link.

Thank you.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: IF YOU NEED A RADIO CODE, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD.

Hi, I have a 2003 Honda Odyssey. Just bought the van and would like to get the radio code, in case I need to replace the battery. I tried the hold the two button way, as discussed below. It did not work. I have a EL-X model and was wondering if there was another way to get the audio serial number, with having to pull the radio. Thanks for any help
Old 02-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Trial User

Hello, I am new to this forum so excuse me if I ask a question that has already been discussed. I purchased a 2010 Acura RDX without the NAV. I didn't get any of the Owner's manual or Radio Code info in the car. I have called Acura at (800) 382-2238 to help me get the radio PIN. They need the serial number of the radio and told me to look on the side of the glove box facing the drive, I searched the entire glove box, all surfaces inside and out and found no serial number. They also said it may be on either side inside the console. I checked there and nothing. I did try the holding 1 & 6 preset buttons and powering on the radio, all I get is "DIAG" on the display. I would appreciate any help in finding the radio serial number for this vehicle. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great help. thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello all. I just bought a 2002 Odyssey and trying to get the code to the radio before messing around with battery and other stuffs.

I follow the instruction of holding 1 +6 and turned on the radio. First thing appear is 0. I let go of all the buttons and it will just stay at 0, until I turn it off and there will be a "code 0" appears then turn off.

What am I doing wrong?

Also how many digits does the radio usually have? I have two 4 digits code written on some paperwork and one 5 digit code written on another. Maybe those are it?
Old 05-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Trial User

Hello, I (stupidly) bought a 2008 Honda Fit radio at a Goodwill in Phoenix. I realize now that the unit is useless without a code and, of course, there's no VIN to go with it since it was just dumped at the Goodwill store. Did I buy a large paperweight, or is there a way to unlock it without a VIN? Also, how do I know if this is a stolen radio?

Thanks...
Old 07-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just picked up her '05 Pilot today. No owner's manuals or any of that stuff, so of course the radio's locked. Got the serial numbers, via the usual key combo. Problem is, when I'm on radio-navicode.honda.com, it says the serial doesn't match the VIN. And I only have one more attempt to try it before I'm locked out.

I have a difficult time believing the radio was replaced during the previous owner's tenure with it. Any ideas...?

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems that the radio-nav site couldn't be bothered to tell you to NOT include the letters when typing in the serial number. Tried that, and got my prize.

holy(notfitforafamilyforum), that radio has some bass.

(of course, it's not well-tuned bass, but still...)

Last edited by de63; 07-10-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Trial User

this method helps too if you don't own an american honda.

all you need is your radio serial number

as seen in this video

Old 03-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Trial User

I'm a new Honda Accord owner (well, my wife is) and I want to thank all of you for this radio code thread. Her car is a 2011 EX-L and the serial number message is a bit different from what I saw here. I thought I'd share what I found in case it'll save anyone time. Instead of getting 2 different 4 digit numbers which combine to form the serial number, it's the first 8 digits of this code:

Those 8 digits + the VIM got us 2 different codes from Honda, the second of which worked. It took me a while to guess that it was the 8 digits that was the constant when entering the whole line of code failed to work, so perhaps this will save someone else a bit of time.

Thanks again to all.

PS - We also needed the Navi code. There was a serial number made up of a combination of letters & numbers (LLLNNNNNNNNL) on the DVD player but it wasn't accepted by the Honda code website either. Eventually I realized that there were 8 numbers within the SN, so entered the VIN & just the numbers and that worked: we got the code and the Navi is now working too. Again, I hope this saves someone with a nav system some time & trouble.

Last edited by toyomatt84; 03-21-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Trial User

Good afternoon!
I have a problem with the audio in my car and I've searched all over the internet and I can not solve.
Buy a car brought from USA and not turn it on for about a week, the battery will discharge completely and needed recharging. Following that audio lock my car and asked me a code to use it again.
Researching find out that there are two ways to find the code you need:

Find the code on a card that I no longer have the car was brought
Find out the code through the VIN and serial number of audio

The second option is the most viable was to take out the serial number of my audio pressing 1 and 6 before turning to the serial appear and indeed it was. This was necessary because they did not have it pasted anywhere in the glove compartment or door.
Already with the VIN and serial number can be requested unlock code on this page https://radio-navicode.honda.com/. My problem is that although I got an unlock code does not function as you type and I'm sure my VIN, serial number are correct and that the unlock code entered it correctly.

Can anyone help? They did this happen?

Thank you for your help!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very helpful. Thanky!
Old 08-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Trial User

I've got a 2003 Pilot and lost the radio code... read an earlier comment which helped: it was on a sticker inside the glove box.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

On my radio (92 accord) the sticker is gone and have no manual etc. Is there any way i can get the radio to work? Called the dealer but they can not help without the serial #. thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IF YOU NEED A RADIO CODE, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD.