Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

95 accord wiring

Old 05-27-2013, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 accord wiring

Hey guys, just a quick question. Where would I find a wiring diagram for a 95 accord EX? I searched the accord forum and it looks as though the word "wiring" is not found.
I am trying to move some wiring and extend my headlight plugs on the driver side. There are 2 plugs, one blue and one white that connect the headlights. On the same loom, there are (I think) 3 or 4 other plugs that I do not know where they go. I've removed ABS unit and A/C, so they may go there, (Although ABS plugs are orange, right?) Also, 2 of the plugs connect to a rubber-covered bracket that connects to the radiator in the top right corner (On the drivers side). The only diagrams I can find are at the dealer website, which don't explain what the plugs are, just kinda shows where they go.

Also, there is a white plug on each side behind the bumper that I'm curious what they are for. (fog lights? There are like 7 wires in each plug, so I doubt it) they are relatively wide and seem to plug into a bracket. I unfortunately did not take pictures, but I'll try to get out there to snap a few today. Thanks in advance, hopefully I wasn't too confusing!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 95 accord wiring

A FSM is a good place for diagrams and locations.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks I appreciate the input.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anytime

Without being able to "see" this.....I'll guess at a few of them. The "two" plugs that go by the rad on the drivers side, they are for the ac comp relay and the cond fan relay.

The one(s) down by the bumper (white) that plug into a bracket are grounds. G201 and G301 (going on memory). These are the ground points for a few things - headlights for example....a few other things as well.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, apparently, even with a FSM, it's difficult to find what is what with the wiring. I removed the AC a while ago, so I just removed the relays. I also took the fender off, and disconnected the harness to be able to move it around. My goal is to run the exhaust through the fender, so I want to be sure to get all of the wiring out of the way. (I plan on wrapping what I can of the pipe, but even so, I'm sure wiring within a few inches will cause problems) I removed the WWF tank and pump, and cut the wires for it. I plan on putting it in the trunk with the battery, and using the hole that the fill tube came through to run the exhaust down, and then back up into the fender. Kind of like a U-bend in a sink, to keep water from running in and directly into my turbo. Just wanted to give you guys a little backround of useless information to my project. Thanks again!

Last edited by josh.eldred4; 06-13-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Spelled "Trunk" as Truck.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One of those relays is for the cond fan.....if you have other plans for fans fine but just wanted to let you know that.

There is a section in the FSM that show the wire harness connectors.....takes a bit to piece together which is which but you can do it.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, I have removed every bit of the AC. The compressor, the condenser, all the aluminum lines, it's all gone. Now I have 2 questions.
Can the motor be safely run without having the condenser fan? It would seem that it is a part specifically for an A/C equipped car, but there is NO info about its successful removal, and continued successful use without it that I can find. Granted I limited my search to specifcally Hondas.
Also, if that is the case, and that is the last bit of A/C equipment left and I can keep it out, will cutting the wires back that connect to the condesner fan, relays, (both mentioned seem to be for the A/C) compressor, and WWF pump cause any issues? I would think that as long as they were cut back and taped up, say inside the fender, there wouldnt be an issue. HOWEVER, this G301 (or 201) apparently has caused issues with turn signals for others before when wires were cut. My assumption is it was a turn signal wire cut, but I want to make sure. As it stands, all but two wires going to the G301 are black with gray stripes. The two that arent happen to be the ones I'm looking to cut.

By the way, I did find the wiring diagram, and man is it rough. I did manage to find what I was looking for, although the wiring colors didnt seem to match up. I don't know, I figured I'd verify what I knew before moving too much more forward. I really appreciate all of your help with this. Like really.

Oh, and as a side note, the only reason I'm not just testing this stuff myself to see if there is an issue is because I have the car in pieces waiting for more funds to finish it. Thank you!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It would be wise to keep it. For cooling purposes, both fans always run together. The only time the condenser fan doesn't run along with the passenger side fan is when the car is off and it's really hot outside.

I'm curious why you removed the ac anyhow.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the car used from my step dad, and it was a giant POS. I put an exhaust on it, did the brakes, plugs, wires, fixed the rot, so on and so forth. When I took it to the shop to have the A/C fixed, it was some ungodly amount. At the time, I was just starting to hang out with a group of kids in Vermont that all built and raced Hondas. After talking with a bunch of them, it came down to a "why not" kinda thing, in regards to removal of the A/C components. Little by little I began cleaning up the bay and little by little it got more and more empty. Battery relocation, fusebox relocation, etc
After research for the last two years, at this point I'm doing things just to do them. P/S removal, A/C removal, 5 lug swap, re-routed brake lines, etc. To be honest, there is no good reason why I have done anything I've done, other than to learn. I've done every bit of my own work, and most of the parts that aren't performance I get from the junkyard. So it hasnt even really cost me all too much money
Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Trial User

i have a service manual downloaded, i should have it in there. i am new at this sending pics stuff give me a little bit
Old 06-15-2013, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Frankd12
i have a service manual downloaded, i should have it in there. i am new at this sending pics stuff give me a little bit
That would be awesome. I can give you my email address (as long as that doesn't break any rules) if that would make sending the picture easier. Its my username @gmail.com.