Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

s2000 hid retrofit on integra

Old 11-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2000 hid retrofit on integra

i have done this retrofit on my car and heard a lot about tricks and read up on hid planet and done the research and i love the cut off lines and the look of the best hid on the market. i want to know if any have done it and know the washer trick the z tail and the clear lens and mirror trick to make you set up look so fresh and light the whole block up. post pictures or anything? mine i did the retrofit and have them in but realized later what the are capable of doing. any one done this?:
Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: s2000 hid retrofit on integra

Originally Posted by Konigretracts
i have done this retrofit on my car and heard a lot about tricks and read up on hid planet and done the research and i love the cut off lines and the look of the best hid on the market. i want to know if any have done it and know the washer trick the z tail and the clear lens and mirror trick to make you set up look so fresh and light the whole block up. post pictures or anything? mine i did the retrofit and have them in but realized later what the are capable of doing. any one done this?:
I know you're new here, but we do have an entire forum dedicated to such topics.

Lighting
HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics
Old 11-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TunerN00b
I know you're new here, but we do have an entire forum dedicated to such topics.

Lighting
HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

i have been on this site for a long time and looked up and down this site, the lighting source is still the same. Im not trying to be mean and don't take it the wrong way but i was asking if people did the s2000 hid tricks, mirror, washer, z tail on there projectors with pictures and cut offs. i went through lighting again and they have pictures and clubs and not quite what i was asking. if you can direct me to what i was asking i'd appreciate it. I have done this retrofit, but it is completely stock. i have done my research but just wanted to know if they have done a thread on this step by step on all these tricks to enhance your s2000 retrofit. thank you no hard feelings
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

integras already have projectors on it. why retro fit? just cause u like the cut off line of
s2k?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdtimecharmer
integras already have projectors on it. why retro fit? just cause u like the cut off line of
s2k?
Projectors yes, HIDs no. 94
Old 11-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 3rdtimecharmer
s2k?

s2000 has the best projectors out if you saw the cut off and what they are capable of doing you would do it too. unless your not into tricking it out then stay stock but i pulled my head light baked them to melt the glue took out the old projector cut the old housing took out the s2000 and retrofit it to fit in and adjust them a little higher and they shoot so far and 4300k shoots far, just go to hid planet and look at the capabilities. integra projectors are wack as hell compared to s2000. clean cuttoff wide spread and bright blue line on top crisp cut off not two huge as **** yellow circles. im just saying, but does anyone done the tricks to make them wider with the mirror trick or the extra washer to enhance the blue line, or the z tail cut off. that is what i am asking if someone has actually did those tricks and posted a step by step thread. because they explain it on hid planet but its not step friendly just heres the parts bam this is what you get.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

too much trouble for me. but if it look sgood then it looks good
Old 11-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

change your lens to a clear one, cheap and easy. My cutoff is impeccable, although I also switched my headlight cover to a clear one so its even more clear, that makes only half of it is oem
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 808zrk
change your lens to a clear one, cheap and easy. My cutoff is impeccable, although I also switched my headlight cover to a clear one so its even more clear, that makes only half of it is oem
yeah i hear the clear lens does a hell of a lot more fore it, have you heard of the mirror trick and washer trick. there is a paper washer that is in between the lens and the projector, you add another washer and the clear lens over it and it either enhances the blue line all the way across not just where the box drops off.

the mirror mod is better for wide spread light 180 degrees, one mirror on the right and mirror one on the left. this reflects the cut off to bounce off the right hid and hit the left wall by the driver window and vise versa for the left mirror, which will reflect it to hit at the passanger side wall. so when driving if you are in the passenger side you can look out the window and see the cut off right next to you super sharp. the only down size if you look into your headlight during the day you can see the mirror in ou head lamp but well worth it.

z tail, is a peice of sheet metal strip cut and placed over the cutoff sheild and you can cut a design into it and it will project the light. i have only seen z tail which looks like on the cutoff here the box drops it is cutt and looks like a exacto knife. look it up its pretty cool what they can do. When driving people will trip out on how much light you have, my street is very dark and when i drive through i can light the whole block all the way down just stock, but with these mods you can get a clear cut off that is amazing and just ridiculous but worth it for the project kind of guy like me. if you look at my albulm i have a front view during the day with them on and the color is a light blue bright white.