Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

CR-Z sales figures... not good.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:50 PM
No Big Whoop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CR-Z sales figures... not good.

The CRZ has been selling rather badly since May this year when 1557 units sold that month.
Since then the numbers look like this.

June 966
July 878
August 745
September 537
October 289

The Insight is in the same boat, with just 492 sold in October

I wonder how long will Honda keep selling these two cars or what changes they may make to them.

Numbers come from www.hondanews.com
Old 11-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CR-Z sales figures... not good.

If it wasn't so pricy, I'm sure sales would be better. I'd love to own a CR-Z.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is true Honda's sales number on CR-Z and insight has been low but it is not all because pricing and consumer demand. Both CR-Z and Insights are predominantly produced in Japan and after the Earthquake/Tsunami/Power meltdown the supply of these cars has been reduced to almost nothing
Old 11-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If Honda were to make the CR-Z more like a CRX, i.e. lightweight coupe with a small displacement engine, instead of a hybrid the sales figures would be much more impressive.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Honda is doing a great job on boring their customers to death! I believe the CR-Z could have been so much more than it is... and with the 6-speed version being slower than the automatic... why even bother?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 121 Likes on 115 Posts

The most exciting thing at Honda's SEMA booth last week was a near mint 72 Civic CVCC. What does that tell you.

I'm afraid that with all the government regulations, we will never see another exciting "cheap" car ever again.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94eg!
The most exciting thing at Honda's SEMA booth last week was a near mint 72 Civic CVCC. What does that tell you.

I'm afraid that with all the government regulations, we will never see another exciting "cheap" car ever again.
Actually, the supercharged CR-Z engine at SEMA was the most exciting thing there.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...sema-show.html
Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good thing they got rid of all those nasty sports cars (S2000, NSX, Civic Type R, Any of the Type R's).

They do have the Civic SI, but most people are saying the V6 Mustang is a better buy.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
#1 Super Guy

Originally Posted by FormulaJDM
Actually, the supercharged CR-Z engine at SEMA was the most exciting thing there.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...sema-show.html
Hmmmm. Agree to disagree I guess.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Would be VERY surprised to see a centrifugal supercharger used in a production car, especially from someone as non-risk taking as Honda.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:19 PM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Sales numbers are related directly to the short supply. There are zero CRZ's on most dealer lots right now, how the hell are they supposed to sell them?

Of course all the bad reviews and slander haven't helped sales either, but none of the haters on sites such as this have actually driven one... I've owned several Honda's over the years and the CRZ is by far my favorite, just as fun to drive as anything Honda has produced and even more unique.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^Very true, there are 2 CRZ's at my local dealership. There were zero three weeks ago, and same goes for insights.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both qualify as "cheap" (that word is also a valid description of the 'stang interior), considering the minimum prices of cars these days with all of the mandated safety features and (essentially) customer mandated modern conveniences (honestly, while I'd buy a new car without power windows, 99.99% of the public would refuse).

But, I'm also an oddball. I'd happily buy a CRZ powered by a L15 or R18 with a GT25R bolted to it.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:27 PM
#1 Super Guy

I wouldn't expect too much from "Scion"...
Old 11-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't expect too much from "Scion"...
I wouldn't normally either, except Subaru is providing the powertrain.

Since Subaru is claiming 200hp from their new 2 liter, it won't be a bad car. Not "sports car" fast, but I'm really only expecting "RWD Integra GSR without leather" from it.

Better?

(BRZ prototype)
Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by P12 EG6
It is true Honda's sales number on CR-Z and insight has been low but it is not all because pricing and consumer demand. Both CR-Z and Insights are predominantly produced in Japan and after the Earthquake/Tsunami/Power meltdown the supply of these cars has been reduced to almost nothing
Old 11-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by P12 EG6
They're still out producing demand.

I know this because I've visited 2 dealers lately and they're just sitting on the lot and in the showroom, collecting dust.

And while I agree with government regulations ruining fun cars, I kind of agree however like posted above, I'm really looking forward to the BRZ/FR-S/FT-86 coming from Toyota/Subaru.

I have a gnawing desire for something to replace the S2000 in the future and that I can go play with at the lapping day without having to install a role bar.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rice_classic
They're still out producing demand.

I know this because I've visited 2 dealers lately and they're just sitting on the lot and in the showroom, collecting dust.

And while I agree with government regulations ruining fun cars, I kind of agree however like posted above, I'm really looking forward to the BRZ/FR-S/FT-86 coming from Toyota/Subaru.

I have a gnawing desire for something to replace the S2000 in the future and that I can go play with at the lapping day without having to install a role bar.
What were the dealerships, I know plenty of dealers that will gladly take those CR-Zs.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rice_classic

The S2000 factory rollover protection isn't adequate for lapping days?

I've done several where 100% stock S2000s were in attendance.

HPDEs are the one thing making me consider keeping my GSR. New car with a loan on track vs. 12 year old fully paid off car on track...
Old 11-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TunerN00b
The S2000 factory rollover protection isn't adequate for lapping days?

I've done several where 100% stock S2000s were in attendance.

HPDEs are the one thing making me consider keeping my GSR. New car with a loan on track vs. 12 year old fully paid off car on track...
I'm in the Seattle area and so far only the racing school in conference allows convertibles with factory rollover because it's a "school" but pretty much all the clubs (but one that comes to mind) that host lapping days all require convertibles to have a rollbar besides a factory one. Most of the S2k/Miata drivers in the Seattle area are already aware of this.

I don't know if this is the case for the track clubs for Mission, SCR, ORP or PIR but the 2 tracks in the Puget sound (pacific raceways and soon The Ridge) are not convertible friendly except for the racing school.

As for dealerships that have them... I test drove a black CRZ about the time they came out at Kirkland Honda and 60 days later it was still there. The one I've been to recently is Burien Honda. They are a privately owned dealership as opposed to a factory owned dealership. Great group of people and I've ran their banner on my race car all year. I was just there on Tuesday and thought I saw the same white one that's been there for several months still inside the showroom but I could be wrong. I hope they sold it.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha true that, that cvcc was super clean!!
But yeah those sales figures don't surprise me at all, acutally I am suprised they sold that many lmao
Old 11-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After my older Accord hit 250,000 miles, I started looking at a CRZ (employee pricing at a Honda dealer) about two weeks ago. If it had a back seat, I would have pulled the trigger. I ended up with a 2005 Accord with just barely 17,000 miles.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0
Sales numbers are related directly to the short supply. There are zero CRZ's on most dealer lots right now, how the hell are they supposed to sell them?

Of course all the bad reviews and slander haven't helped sales either, but none of the haters on sites such as this have actually driven one... I've owned several Honda's over the years and the CRZ is by far my favorite, just as fun to drive as anything Honda has produced and even more unique.
Thats Funny, I believe there are 30+ CR-Zs rotting away on dealer lots within a 20 mile radius of me. I guess all the CR-Z's are in New England? lol
Old 11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Thumper74
If it had a back seat, I would have pulled the trigger.
Always order a back seat from a different market, too bad no one can actually sit in it anyway.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The floor is different on the US version so you cannot even put the seat from the Japanese model in them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CR-Z sales figures... not good.