Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Headlight indicator 'ding' not working

Old 03-04-2008, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight indicator 'ding' not working

Hi all! Well, after killing my battery for the 2nd time this year, I figured it was probably time to ask for help

I drive a 99 Integra LS with a Compustar 2W8000FMR A/S, and I love my car like crazy! Had some wicked bad luck lately, but I figure things have got to start looking up soon!

Anyway, not sure when it started, but that annoying little "ding" that tells you your headlights are on doesn't work anymore.

Any quick fixes? (It'll have to be pretty specific, I'm very much a newbie to doing any of my own car stuff!) Thanks!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Headlight indicator 'ding' not working

Im in the same boat and I REALLY wish someone would have had an answer for this lol. Any luck 4 years later?

I did a tuck on my driver side and after the tuck it doesnt ding for the headlights being left on or the key being left in. You never realize how much you enjoy an annoying little ding until its gone lol.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Junior1023
Im in the same boat and I REALLY wish someone would have had an answer for this lol. Any luck 4 years later?

I did a tuck on my driver side and after the tuck it doesnt ding for the headlights being left on or the key being left in. You never realize how much you enjoy an annoying little ding until its gone lol.
First thing to check is the drivers door pin switch, does the dome light come on when you open the drivers door?

If so, the switch is good and your problem is most likely the ICU.

If not, check the pin switch, it may still be good and the problem will still be the ICU, but if the switch is bad the dome light will not work or will the warning chimes.

If the dome light does not come on, remove the pin switch and unplug it, ground the lead that was plugged into the switch, if dome light comes on, replace the pin switch, if not, your back to the ICU. 94
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im assuming by door pin switch you mean that little rubber button down on the bottom? Unfortunatly, my dome and map lights dont work at the moment. I think I burned them out while I was blacking out my interior. So i cant tell based off of that just yet.What ICU are you referring to? Im not sure what that is..
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ICU = integrated control unit, there is only one, it will be "plugged in" to the back of the under dash fuse box.

The chimes work off the drivers door switch, it supplies a ground to the ICU when the drivers door is opened, the ICU in turn supplies a ground to the dome light circuit and to an internal circuit with key sense, head light and seat belt inputs for warning chime inputs, for head lights and key the door has to be opened to trigger chime, for seat belts all you need is to be unbuckled and ign. on.

Get your dome light working, it is the best tool to check the door pin. 94
Old 05-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ahh theres my problem, cool. mine only works when it wants to..

btw fcm im gonna pm you about something..lol.