Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Raceland Coilovers

Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raceland Coilovers

has anyone used or even ever herd of this company ? If so hows the quality and does this product last ?

http://www.racelandus.com/
Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Stage 3 CLINGER!

Default Re: Raceland Coilovers

My ex had them. Bought them used for $250 with 3k on them, no problems. She drove on them and lived on a dirt road for about 5k more miles, still no issues.

I have the Rokkors on my Miata (same brand but stiffer springs), and so far so good.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man i wanna lower my eg and my boy told me about these they seem pretty legit tho. Thank you
Old 05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Stage 3 CLINGER!

No problem. I wouldn't trust them at the track. That's for sure. But for a daily or show, they are a good low cost option in my opinion.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i hear you once they have been proven on the track then i will take my car there lol but for now it seems like a + route for me to go : )
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my buddy has them on his rsx and complains about how bouncy they are
Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Rokkor, Raceland. Sub-standard suspension. Cheap knock-offs. Might as well by Ebay coilover sleeves and Drop-Zone shocks.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you just want to lower your car, you're probably better off with stock shocks and Ground Controls honestly. Then at least when your stock shocks blow you can upgrade to something decent like Tokiko whites, or Konis if you can afford them.

I would shy away from a suspension that costs about $100 per corner. Think about it, after markup how much could those possibly cost to make? $50 per coilover? And you'd trust your life with that?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Stage 3 CLINGER!

Originally Posted by doood
my buddy has them on his rsx and complains about how bouncy they are
My DD Civic has GC coils on stock stuts, extremely bouncy compared to these. My Rokkors on my Miata are extremely smooth.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Stage 3 CLINGER!

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
If you just want to lower your car, you're probably better off with stock shocks and Ground Controls honestly. Then at least when your stock shocks blow you can upgrade to something decent like Tokiko whites, or Konis if you can afford them.

I would shy away from a suspension that costs about $100 per corner. Think about it, after markup how much could those possibly cost to make? $50 per coilover? And you'd trust your life with that?
Every time there's a Raceland thread, there's always the "they're too cheap to be any good" talk. I don't know of anyone who's lost their life to Racelands. Yeah, some have blown with in 1,000 miles. That's why there's a 3 year warranty. Plenty of people are getting 30k+ miles of these with no issues.

OP, if you want to spend the same amount of money on just GC coils with stock struts (bouncy as hell, I know. My Civic has that setup), then go for it.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:58 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by singlecamslamed
Yeah, some have blown with in 1,000 miles. That's why there's a 3 year warranty.
So that makes them a good buy? How do you figure? Really. I'm just trying to understand the logic behind it. I know that I wouldn't want to try and see a shyster company like this honor a warranty, or not.

If you're a cheap SOB then get these for your car and you can justify it all day long. There's a good reason why there's truth to the saying "You get what you pay for".

Most of you people have never ridden on a decent suspension in the first place to know what a "good" ride is supposed to feel like. There are 14 year olds that I teach that know better.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Stage 3 CLINGER!

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
So that makes them a good buy? How do you figure? Really. I'm just trying to understand the logic behind it. I know that I wouldn't want to try and see a shyster company like this honor a warranty, or not.

If you're a cheap SOB then get these for your car and you can justify it all day long. There's a good reason why there's truth to the saying "You get what you pay for".

Most of you people have never ridden on a decent suspension in the first place to know what a "good" ride is supposed to feel like. There are 14 year olds that I teach that know better.
I'm sure some of the reputable company's like Tokico and such have blown quickly as well. I'm just saying, this guy is wondering if Racelands are good. In my experience and many others, they have done very well.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I like to party

I see sets of used Teins and Apex N1s going for $600 in the marketplace. I really see no reason to buy these.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
I see sets of used Teins and Apex N1s going for $600 in the marketplace. I really see no reason to buy these.
But the reasoning is "Why buy those used for twice as much when I can get a new shiny set brand new for half that?".
Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I like to party

I actually like singlecamslamed, so I'm being nice for once.

He's just such a ricer!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Stage 3 CLINGER!

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
But the reasoning is "Why buy those used for twice as much when I can get a new shiny set brand new for half that?".
That's not my reasoning at all. The OP was asking specifically if anyone has used these and how they do; not what can I get for double the price. I gave the OP the answer he was looking for.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lmao thanks guys if I could afford top of the line stuff all the time I'd have the sickest EG ever but unfortunately I'm not rich nor wealthy so I go with what I can afford thanks for all your help guys
Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Stage 3 CLINGER!

^ What's your reasoning? I posted useful information in this thread. You post meaningless bullshit 24/7.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Who cares about a 3 year warranty, idk about you guys but I don't want to be pulling Raceland/Rokkor/etc coilovers out of my car every few thousand miles just so I can have them sent out to be replaced.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by tron_
Who cares about a 3 year warranty, idk about you guys but I don't want to be pulling Raceland/Rokkor/etc coilovers out of my car every few thousand miles just so I can have them sent out to be replaced.
That's what I'm saying!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a lot of Volkswagens run these they are a cheap way to lower your car. i stay away from anything Volkswagen kids use.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sik Eg
has anyone used or even ever herd of this company ? If so hows the quality and does this product last ?

http://www.racelandus.com/
I don't have any experience with these but I do have experience constantly changing stuff out. I spent $100 on coil over sleeves/springs on AGX shocks about $350. Then I switched to H&R sport springs for another $250, so $100 spent on coil overs already went to the crapper, running total about $700 and for that, I could've had a much more decent setup than what I bought. So I sold the AGX/H&R combo but lost a pretty penny doing it as well. I told myself I don't want to waste more money just switching stuff out. So my final setup will be the AMR setup that everyone talks about and I hope they are my last stop. I'm confident that they will be my last stop. I dropped $1,200 on them so now, on suspension alone, I'm right around $2,000.

Don't make the same mistake many of us make by buying stuff because you have to "slam" your car right now. What's the big rush? Take your time, save your money, and get a really nice setup that has a LIFETIME warranty, like the AMR's.

Had I just went straight to AMR, I would've saved $700.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^^^ thanks bro
Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The whole "this is all i can afford" thing really pisses me off.
You don't need coilovers, you want them! Save for a few more weeks/months and buy the product that is going to last a long time.

Koni/gc cost twice as much, sure, but not only does it have a lifetime warranty both compaines back their products!!
Another thing to look at, Ground control slip on coilovers cost as much as the whole Raceland setup. Does this not say something to you? This **** is simply too cheap to be quality.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They might work a for a little while but think about the materials being used. Look up the blackworks debacle, imagine your shocks disintegrating while driving.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raceland Coilovers