Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

crome pro Gold base fuel multi???

Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crome pro Gold base fuel multi???

New to the gold base but that fuel multi tool does work in gold base. It shows that it .53 but in my regular map its .74. is the microseconds similar to the offset? The only reason i want to use the gold base is for the standstill boost.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crome pro Gold base fuel multi???

In the options/fuel section just under where you select injector size it the over all fuel trim tool box. I don't remember the exact name but it course adjustment on the entire map based on milliseconds ( I work with a small hand full of programs each one calls it something different).

Gold bins work good but you will have to bend the fuel maps hard importing your old p30/p28/p75 base is not a smooth transition.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how does the milliseconds differ from the multiplier? is it the same just without the decimal place? If my multiplier is .74 how do i convert it?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Multiplier...... just for fun lets say its 2.00 so it takes all the fuel values on the table and doubles it. Milliseconds are milliseconds. When you up milliseconds it has more of a change at the idle,cruise, lower rpm sections on the map then the top end. This is do to for example lets say at idle the injectors are held open for 1 millisecond then you add 1 you have just doubled your fuel but at wot the injectors are held open for 200 milliseconds. You add one and it only add a little fuel.

multipliers and millisecond offset are not interchangeably. Just import your map into a gold bin and start over. I just adjust milliseconds till I hit 15afr then bend the fuel map till it works.

I think the only thing in a gold bin that will change the over all fuel multiplier is selecting a different injector size. Multiplier is not view able.

Last edited by zcme; 04-15-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

O ok, when adjusting millisecond till you hit 15 afr this is at idle correct? And as far as saving the golden base maps sometimes i can but then the file corrupts and wont open. other times the save icons are greyed out. Is this just a bug?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes its dumb but try saving 2 times you must be on a older version of crome for that bug to still be present.

Only the dealer version of crome can save gold bins. Pro can only emulate them to a rtp devise.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zcme
Yes its dumb but try saving 2 times you must be on a older version of crome for that bug to still be present.

Only the dealer version of crome can save gold bins. Pro can only emulate them to a rtp devise.
crome pro 1.53 i didnt want to update until the bugs of 1.6 were known. if i export it to my rtp devise and pull it from there i guess that would be a way of saying it.
Thanks for all the help!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by si90rex
crome pro 1.53 i didnt want to update until the bugs of 1.6 were known. if i export it to my rtp devise and pull it from there i guess that would be a way of saying it.
Thanks for all the help!
Possibly never tried Im have the dealer version. If crome recognizes that the bin is a gold bin it will not let you save it (and it probably will).
Old 04-22-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm Huge In Japan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your multiplier is wrong, select the proper injectors to get the right offsets and then manually type in a larger cc in the Injector Size field. The larger the cc the smaller the multiplier.

The offset only changes the battery pulse offset in Advanced Fuel Corrections, always start at zero and work up in increments of 10 or 20.

As far as your anti-lag, start with 25* ignition retard and for a .53 multiplier start with 1500cc fuel enrichment. Add more ignition until the engine starts droning and back off about 5*, then add fuel in 200us increments until it stops making boost.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks but i have to buy the dealership version, pro wont datalog or rt update with the gold base.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

I know plenty of people using Gold ROMs on a Pro license with Hulog and Ostrich setups that have no access restrictions. If you're having trouble then it's likely a connection or settings problem, you should search PGMFI for a solution. Or pay the $450 for a dealer license, I'm sure John won't object.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by si90rex
thanks but i have to buy the dealership version, pro wont datalog or rt update with the gold base.
Pro will do everything but save a gold bin. You can just run your emulator full time in the car.............. The setting are different in a gold bin play around with them first.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In the options/fuel section just under where you select injector size it the over all fuel trim tool box. I don't remember the exact name but it course adjustment on the entire map based on milliseconds ( I work with a small hand full of programs each one calls it something different).

Gold bins work good but you will have to bend the fuel maps hard importing your old p30/p28/p75 base is not a smooth transition.

What do you mean by Bending the fuel maps?
I have had crome Pro for years and just found out a weekago I can use Crome Gold Bin. So Now I'm looking at starting from scratch and tuning with a GOLD bin.
I was going to just import base maps from P75 ecu and start from there.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bending the fuel map = adjusting the **** out of it to work. Importing a p28,p30,p72 map into a gold map never works out of the box.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VegasInvasion
I know plenty of people using Gold ROMs on a Pro license with Hulog and Ostrich setups that have no access restrictions. If you're having trouble then it's likely a connection or settings problem, you should search PGMFI for a solution. Or pay the $450 for a dealer license, I'm sure John won't object.
Ya im sure he wouldnt mind at all. lol cant you burn chips with gold base with the pro version?
I have the ostrich and the hulog i must have a settings issue.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

you can't burn gold ROMs to a chip with a pro license. it's definitely a settings issue.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I figured I would just throw this question in this thread since it pertains to topic of fuel multiplier.
I was reading the hondata walk through for tuning and it says I should load up a map then using the fuel multiplier get the a/f at idle to be 14.7 then start tuning each column from there.

So I would load the gold base map up then use the offset adjustment which is milliseconds to get the 14.7 a/f at idle and low rpm loads. Is this correct.

I'm new to tuning and want to learn as much as I can about it, this is my first time at it.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by uvamosk
I figured I would just throw this question in this thread since it pertains to topic of fuel multiplier.
I was reading the hondata walk through for tuning and it says I should load up a map then using the fuel multiplier get the a/f at idle to be 14.7 then start tuning each column from there.

So I would load the gold base map up then use the offset adjustment which is milliseconds to get the 14.7 a/f at idle and low rpm loads. Is this correct.

I'm new to tuning and want to learn as much as I can about it, this is my first time at it.
Ya its about the same think hondata uses overall fuel trim %. Crome uses microseconds.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is the walk thru hondata has that I'm learning from,
http://hondata.com/techenginetuning.html
Do you have alot of experience tuning?

I loaded up the gold bin, adjusted the offset till I got idle at 14-14.5:1
My timing is set to 16 and synced. My question is should I use the stick gold maps or load up b18b maps and start from there? I have b20z. Also when I tune mid and low throttle do I use 1st or 2nd gear?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im not on this forum much but I have been tuning for a little bit. Don't ever use the maps that come with the gold bin look at them in 2d 3d import a close basemap. You will find that some of the b18 maps don't import just look at what the rpm break points and copy them in one at a time. Then fill in the blanks.

You can tune in any gear the main thing it to try and keep a smooth throttle don't smash it then let off. Tip in will change the average.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VegasInvasion
you can't burn gold ROMs to a chip with a pro license. it's definitely a settings issue.
Agree.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im not on this forum much but I have been tuning for a little bit. Don't ever use the maps that come with the gold bin look at them in 2d 3d import a close basemap. You will find that some of the b18 maps don't import just look at what the rpm break points and copy them in one at a time. Then fill in the blanks.

You can tune in any gear the main thing it to try and keep a smooth throttle don't smash it then let off. Tip in will change the average.
You have a PM..