Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How-To Wire Automatic B18B1 into EG Chassis (Pic Heavy!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How-To Wire Automatic B18B1 into EG Chassis (Pic Heavy!)

1998 Integra LS Automatic Motor into a 1993 Civic DX Coupe Wiring Information.

This does NOT show how to swap the motor, but shows how to wire the motor to the ECM and TCM.
This is for an OBDII B18B1 autoamtic swap into an EG (any model except EX, though might still
work, but not 100% sure) wiring information.

What works after doing the wiring:
-Everything (My car may be the one at fault, but I can't push on the brake pedal to
disengage the shift selector interlock.) If this happens to anyone else, sorry, but I
don't know how to fix. I did include how to wire it in this How-To though.
-I don't have power steering either, so if any switch/sensor dealing with that
issue, this How-To does NOT cover that. Sorry.

*NOTE*
I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO USE THIS INFORMATION.
THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES.

Tools/Materials Needed:
-1994,1995 TCM
-1994,1995 ECM P75
-TCM connectors
-Wire strippers/cutters
-Electrical tape or butt connectors
-About 30 ft. of wire
-PATIENCE

Locate the following:
-TCM Connector A (Has 26 pins/wires)
-TCM Conncetor D (Has 19 pins/wires)
Sorry, no pics for TCM (it's only two connectors, can't confuse them.)
-ECM Conncetor A (Has 26 pins/wires)
-ECM Conncetor B (Has 17 pins/wires)
-ECM Conncetor D (Has 22 pins/wires)
Pics of ECM connector identification.

Key/Legend:
pnk=pink
org=orange
brn=brown
gry=grey
blu=blue
blk=black
yell=yellow
red=red
grn=green
lt=light
color/color=1st color is majority/2nd color is stripe
ECM=P75 Integra LS B18B1 Computer
ECM civic=P06 EG Civic Base Model

Connect/Wire-in the following:
(TCM)A3 grn/wh-TOWER grn/wh

(TCM)A4 grn/blk-A17 grn/blk(ECM civic A17 grn/blk)

(TCM)A5 blu/yell-TOWER blu/yell

(TCM)A6 yell-A19 yell(ECM civic A19 yell)

(TCM)A15 grn/blu-B3 grn/blu(ECM civic B3 grn/blu)

(TCM)A17 grn/blk-B4 grn/blk(ECM civic B4 grn/blk)

(TCM)A18 wh/red-D18 wh/red(ECM civic D18 wh/red)

(TCM)A19 lt grn/blk-B7 grn/blk(ECM)

(TCM)A20 wh/blu-D1 wh/blu(ECM)

(TCM)A23,A24 gry/yell-A25 yell/blk(ECM)

(TCM)A25A26 brn/blk-TCM connector D gry/org GROUND wires-Civic gry GROUND wires

(TCM)D2 grn/wh-D2 grn/wh(ECM)

(TCM)D3 lt grn-D8 lt grn(ECM)

(TCM)D5 red/wh-D13 red/wh(ECM)

(TCM)D6 brn/wh-D4 brn(ECM)

(TCM)D7 red/blk-D11 pnk/blk(ECM)

(TCM)D9 orn-B10 wh/blu(ECM)

(TCM)D11 gry-B4 gry(ECM)

(TCM)D12 wh/blue-TOWER wh

(TCM)D13 grn/blu-B3 grn/blu(ECM)

(TCM)D15 blu/yell-TOWER blu from OBDI plug(blk/blue is from COUNTERSHAFT SPEED SENSOR)

(TCM)D16 yell-A19 yell(ECM)

(TCM)D17 blu/grn-TOWER grn

(TCM)D18 wh/blk-D16 wh/blk(ECM)

(TCM)D19 orn/blue-TOWER red from OBDI plug(blk/red is from MAINSHAFT SPEED SENSOR)

End!!!

*PLEASE REVISE EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED!!! DOUBLE, TRIPLE, EVEN QUADRUPLE CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE STARTING ENGINE!!!

*NOTE*
I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO USE THIS INFORMATION.
THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES.

Here's a video to show everything is in working order even after 1 year.(Check this thread of when I started. Click Me)
It's my daily. Enjoy!

Pics of why/how the Automatic version the the Integra LS doesn't fit properly:

Only supported by the rear mount, driver side mount and this lower torque tranny mount:

Moar pics:
(ECM/TCM mock up.)

Even moar pics of how she sits today:

Pics are too big to add as attachments, sorry. I'll try my best to keep from breaking the images.

Last edited by crzdmngz; 12-28-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Fixed broken YouTube link.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How-To Wire Automatic B18B1 into EG Chassis (Pic Heavy!)

That is awesome that you took on the task of wiring in the tcm and making it work. I remember I gave you a little insight on what ecu to you. I just revisited your old thread and I didnt know it was still active. Honda-tech for some reason stop sending my email alerts to the threads that I replied too. Im glad everything is functional and working well.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jayWknight
That is awesome that you took on the task of wiring in the tcm and making it work. I remember I gave you a little insight on what ecu to you. I just revisited your old thread and I didnt know it was still active. Honda-tech for some reason stop sending my email alerts to the threads that I replied too. Im glad everything is functional and working well.
Yeah I remembered you! Thanks again for your knowledge on the topic of ECMs/TCMs.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great work... that is what I should have done.

I swapped in a B18B1 with automatic transmission from a 2000 integra (obd2b). I am in the process of finalizing an entire chassis harness swap. I took out everything from the car, and swapped in the integra harness for the civic one in order to let the ecu run the transmission correctly. Should be test starting in a day or so.

Meanwhile, I have two questions:

1) what is the grey plug on an obd2 integra, which is found above the fusebox, that appears to have no destination? It comes out of the very thick loom of the wire harness just at the bend, above the fusebox. Can anyone with an obd2b integra confirm that this plug goes nowhere? if not, where does it plug into? I searched and figured for hours, but I really can't find a destination.

2) Does anyone have the pinouts for the body harness connectors on a civic? I am talking about the harness that starts by the driver's side footwell, runs down past the driver's side door, and goes to the lights, seats, stereo, fuel pump, etc. Some of the wires plug into a grey connector, some into blue, and the rest go into two green plugs into the fusebox.

I colour matched and repinned the civic connectors into Integra connectors to plug into the integra harness, but I had some civic wires with no color match. I left them dangling for now and was going to see what works and what doesn't once fired up.

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a third question would be: as I can't swap in all of the evap crap from the integra evap lines near the fuel tank (I think it's the valve that shuts off the evap lines so the ecu can pressurise the tank and check for vapour leaks), will this interfere with the running of the car, or just throw CEL codes at me?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b18bcoupe
Great work... that is what I should have done.

I swapped in a B18B1 with automatic transmission from a 2000 integra (obd2b). I am in the process of finalizing an entire chassis harness swap. I took out everything from the car, and swapped in the integra harness for the civic one in order to let the ecu run the transmission correctly. Should be test starting in a day or so.

Meanwhile, I have two questions:

1) what is the grey plug on an obd2 integra, which is found above the fusebox, that appears to have no destination? It comes out of the very thick loom of the wire harness just at the bend, above the fusebox. Can anyone with an obd2b integra confirm that this plug goes nowhere? if not, where does it plug into? I searched and figured for hours, but I really can't find a destination.

2) Does anyone have the pinouts for the body harness connectors on a civic? I am talking about the harness that starts by the driver's side footwell, runs down past the driver's side door, and goes to the lights, seats, stereo, fuel pump, etc. Some of the wires plug into a grey connector, some into blue, and the rest go into two green plugs into the fusebox.

I colour matched and repinned the civic connectors into Integra connectors to plug into the integra harness, but I had some civic wires with no color match. I left them dangling for now and was going to see what works and what doesn't once fired up.

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.
Thanks for the props!
1) Show us a picture of the connector by the fuse box.
2) What year? I'll take a look at it and reply back asap.

As far as the hanging wires from the ECM, make sure to match ALL the wires into the Integra's ECM that it requires from the Civic.

Originally Posted by b18bcoupe
a third question would be: as I can't swap in all of the evap crap from the integra evap lines near the fuel tank (I think it's the valve that shuts off the evap lines so the ecu can pressurise the tank and check for vapour leaks), will this interfere with the running of the car, or just throw CEL codes at me?
As long as the EVAP System lines are routed in correctly from the Civic into the Integra engine it'll run great, though it might throw CEL because it is OBD2 in an OBD1 car. I didn't have that problem because I used an Integra OBD1 ECM to wire it to the OBD2 Integra motor, so my car stayed OBD1.

Good luck bro!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Trial User

Icon3 Re: How-To Wire Automatic B18B1 into EG Chassis (Pic Heavy!)

I need help!!!!! :/ I tried putting a B20 in an auto Del sol... Turned on and drove back and forward... But it wouldnt switch gears. Then I found this and started to do it ... But it doesn't do ****. I have 7 extra wires from the tcm .... And I don't understand what (tower) means. Pretty sure u mean the other 3 plugs that need to be wired. Total,of,6 wires so that seems like that's what those are. I would appreciate it if you could give me a call or send me a message to try to help me. Thanks....cars not moving at all now btw
Old 10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rayzombie89
I need help!!!!! :/ I tried putting a B20 in an auto Del sol... Turned on and drove back and forward... But it wouldnt switch gears. Then I found this and started to do it ... But it doesn't do ****. I have 7 extra wires from the tcm .... And I don't understand what (tower) means. Pretty sure u mean the other 3 plugs that need to be wired. Total,of,6 wires so that seems like that's what those are. I would appreciate it if you could give me a call or send me a message to try to help me. Thanks....cars not moving at all now btw
By (tower) I meant the shock tower.
Research if B20 has a TCM. I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with the B20 set-up.
I'm sure the wiring differs from that of the B18B1.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a bit curious how the car runs and what kind of mpg you are getting? I'm planning to do a b20 auto in my ek Civic LX.

I don't think there is much of a difference between a b20 and a b18b1 because most likely the poster just before us is using an LS auto and even an LS intake (same as I'll be using) in his Del Sol.

Last edited by jrunager; 10-30-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey i was wondering if you have any insight on b18b1 in ek chassis. The kickdown is electronic vs cable there is a few extra sensors as well.. I have the tcm pinout for the tcm i am in need of A has 26 pins and B has 22.

Theres a few i ask about
1. a24 AC on input
2. a20 At chk
3. b14 service chk conn
Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice write up.

What mounts are you using for your factory hood to close?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does that trans have cable or electronic overdrive? I followed this write up when doing my swap, but my trans has electronic overdrive, and mine shifts at right around 2700 no matter how much throttle I use. Should I be using a obd2a electronic overdrive tcm instead of the obd1 cable overdrive tcm?

99 integra ls motor and trans in auto 95 del sol S

Last edited by 89accordvtec?; 03-27-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably bringing this one back to life but I followed your instructions to the T I swapped in a b18b1 out of a 94 integra into a 94 del sol. The car definitely runs better goes through all the gears now but it will feel like its in neutral between gears if say you are at about 30% throttle any less it'll do just fine. So my question is there was one discrepancy I noticed in the thread you use pin B4 on the ecu twice and once calling it green/blk the second time just gray. There were also some wire color differences in there but I just figured those were because I worked on a 94 del sol as opposed to a 93 civic.Do you have any ideas or maybe if you can provide me with the pin outs you used to wire this thing up I could decipher would I did wrong. Thanks a bunch anyone with info please chime in!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

On my shock tower harness I don't have the colors that u have... solid white, solid red etc... is it because my swap is an obd2?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can someone explain to me what's going on in the picture with the grey and orange ground wire it's labeled "A 25/26 brn /black Tcm connecter grey /org ground wires civic grey ground wires??? do I connect the 2 brown /black wired somewhere ?
Old 08-20-2014, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone?
Old 06-07-2019, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi I'm Mike. I'm new here. I just did my first B swap and need help! I got a B18B1 out of a 99 Integra and put it in a 93 civic hatch. I have everything done accept I have the transmission shift problem that I see here on this forum... My Civic does does have a Tcm! I used engine harness with B18 it plugged right into the body harness no problems. I used a P75 ECU from 94 auto Integra And engine runs great. I found this forum and the wiring guide... Then looked at my car... No Tcm... I have stock body harness... Do I need to swap it?? Is there any other way to bypass or splice other wires to the ECU from the tower wires without a Tcm??? Am i blind and can't find my Tcm??? Help. I put alot of time into this and would like to find a way to see it through. Thanks in advance.