Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Please Help!! Pcm and Fuel Pump Problems 07 Fit

Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!! Pcm and Fuel Pump Problems 07 Fit

Heres my very long story, I woke up one morning to go to work and my car wouldnt start after I had just driven it home the night before. Im pretty sure Im being taken advantage of by a honda dealership based on the fact that I am a young woman. I havent had my car in over a month and am still fighting with this dealership.

I have an 07 honda fit and my pcm on my car just went down. Ive had it in two shops before I finally had it towed to my local honda dealership since its covered under my powertrain warranty. The second shop did a full work up, troubleshooting everything they thought could be at fault, tested my fuel pump to make sure it was fuctional, which it was, that note will come in later. Even though I had full diagnostic work done at the shop before, honda still wants to charge me $200 each time they hook the machine up to my car, so far twice. But said if they find that its the pcm it will all be covered under my warranty. The dealership then tells me that a third party, ie one of the other shops, didnt ground the pcm when they were testing it so that is what fried the system, meaning that I have to pay out of pocket and that they arent willing to cover it under my warranty. Confused as I am, I call honda america and they say that as long as its not a functioning pcm it is covered under my warranty. After the pcm was replaced the car still wouldnt start and the dealership then said I had a bad fuel pump. With that now being the problem the dealership wants me to pay for all the new fuel pump, diagnostic work for the pcm, as well as all three tows that I have paid out of pocket for to get my car to there shop. Not to mention the costs I have paid to have a rental for the last month. Im still in communications with honda america and have a claim with them currently to get this sorted out. Now the dealership wont return honda americas phone calls but he has the time to call me 4 times to say my cars completed and that its ready to pick up from the shop. Something just doesnt feel right and I feel like Im being scammed.

My questions are:
I know that the pcm immobilized my fuel pump when it went down but it was still pumping out fuel when primed. Is there any chance that the pcm replacement or pcm problems could have caused my fuel pump to go under? Or is it possible that my fuel pump dried out while it was in the shop causing it to go bad? Like if you let your gas tank go dry and you destroy your fuel pump that way?

If anyone can help with this I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks!
Danielle
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM
kp
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Please Help!! Pcm and Fuel Pump Problems 07 Fit

Why did you take it to two shops before taking it to Honda if it's still under warranty? That part doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Please Help!! Pcm and Fuel Pump Problems 07 Fit

The power train warranty is the only one I still have that hasn't expired. The first shop offered free diagnostics then tried to charge me after they couldnt find out what was wrong after 3 days. Then I took it to the shop my roommate takes her car and it took them a few hours to diagnos it as the PCM which they informed me was covered under my power train warranty. 8years 80000 miles.