Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

symtomps of bad/worn/ripped front LCA(Lower Control Arm) bushings??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default symtomps of bad/worn/ripped front LCA(Lower Control Arm) bushings??

What are some symtomps of a bad/worn out/ ripped front lower control arm bushings on a civic??

My 95 civic has this really bad shaking/vibrating problem when you are going about 75-80mph+ on the freeway (i know its above speed limit) and for 3 years i couldn't figure out wat is causing it. When I first got the car it was smooth, you can do 100+ and feel nothing shaking or vibrating.

I have replace so many parts on the car only to find out that its still doing the same thing. I have put new tires, balanced at many different places, swap out for a new used rack n pinion, brand new inner tie rods, new shocks/springs, new axles, got all the engine and torque mounts put in.
Now only thing I recently notice is that one of my driver side front LCA bushing is torn/ripped and possibly another ripped one on the passenger side too. I talked to a guy here at a local shop and he said that his car was havng about the same symtomps as mines and it was because of the frontLCA bushings. We lifted up my car and he looked and said that my bushings are torn and advice me to change it out.

Wel, i just want to get a second opinion from u guys about symtomps of torn front lca bushings and why or what could be causing the vibrating/shakiness.

ps. PLease help, ive been living with this for 3 yrs and need to find out whats wrong lol thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: symtomps of bad/worn/ripped front LCA(Lower Control Arm) bushings??

bump, I'm curious as well...
Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: symtomps of bad/worn/ripped front LCA(Lower Control Arm) bushings??

Originally Posted by jdmcivic2fast
What are some symtomps of a bad/worn out/ ripped front lower control arm bushings on a civic??
This.
My 95 civic has this really bad shaking/vibrating problem when you are going about 75-80mph+ on the freeway
And then this
Now only thing I recently notice is that one of my driver side front LCA bushing is torn/ripped and possibly another ripped one on the passenger side too. We lifted up my car and he looked and said that my bushings are torn and advice me to change it out.
Don't even know why you'd need a second opinion.

Last edited by grumblemarc; 09-23-2011 at 02:27 PM.