Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

ignition switch wiring diagram

Old 04-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition switch wiring diagram

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with what i think has to do with my ignition switch. I am trying to figure out what wires are what on my 95 integras ignition switch. There are 5 wires coming out of it, Im trying to figure out which ones may be grounds. There is the connector with yellow, white/black, and black/yellow wires and the connector with white, and black/white wires. thanks
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: ignition switch wiring diagram

White is 12V+ input, [hot at all times]
Black/white is starter, [hot during cranking to start].
Black/yellow is ign. 1, [hot is run and start].
White/black is ign. 2, [hot in run].
Yellow is acc., [hot in acc. and run].

There are no grounds.

What is the problem you are having? 94
Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there was a lil black box under tbe dash on my 93 lude and the prieor owner really f+++++ up wire harnes with cheap electric start and alarm that was installed by someone that was not certified fod that...none the less i have power to every thing.fuel pump,injectore get power when (attempting)to start.i check for power at the dizzy and one wire has power goin through and my coil(external)also has power running to one wire but dosnt fire at coil when u turn it over.neither does the dizzy.i pulled rotor cap and cleaned the termanals for fireing orded.cleaned all connections inside dizzy.the dizzy is spinning when turning over.but its like its not picking up any spark from engine spinning.is there something to check power in dizzy and what wires...leading back the the zmall black box..i do not know where it wires in and when alarm removed it was ripped out so idk were it goes.please help.i have power to both coil and dizzy and icm.idk what this lil black box and someone told me its ign switch.how can i get it wired back in cuz its only thing stoppin me from starting my car for first time there is 4 wires comeing off.oarnge,white and black,and red,it says 154-1155 12vdc 30/40a...please help!!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM
fcm
Old Fart

The little black box is a relay, most likely used as a starter cut relay controlled by the alarm

Two of the leads would have been connected to the starter lead at the ign. switch harness, [black/white].

Is any of the wiring from it still connected to anything, if not, is the black/white starter lead reconnected, it would have been cut to wire in the relay.
Can you take a pic and post it? 94
Old 11-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by fcm
White is 12V+ input, [hot at all times]
Black/white is starter, [hot during cranking to start].
Black/yellow is ign. 1, [hot is run and start].
White/black is ign. 2, [hot in run].
Yellow is acc., [hot in acc. and run].
Hi
I suspect my ignition switch in my Honda Accord is faulty. Can you tell me what (which wires) i need to connect, put together to make car start without ignition switch ?
To make sure/figure out I need buy new one. Thanks

Last edited by mortcw; 11-17-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:07 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Connect white, [12V+] to black/yellow, white/black and yellowthen touch the black/white to the white to crank engine.

If your car is a late model with an immobilizer, the key will have to be in the ign.

It would be a lot easier to just test for powers on the black/yellow and white/black whe cranking to start. 94