Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

interior (dome) light not working

Old 03-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior (dome) light not working

I just purchsed a 2007 Accord Sedan LX and my interior light (dome, not map) will not come on when the doors are opened. It will work when in the ON position but not when in DOOR position. I have checked all the door switches that activate the lights and they all work fine. When they are pushed in and out they activate the lower lights in the driver and passenger doors. I thought the light assembly may be bad so I purchased a new assembly but apparently that was a waste of money because it doesn't work in the DOOR position either. I pulled the cover off the relay box under the hood to check them, but I didn't see anything labeled for interior lighting. Anyone else ran into this issue before or know what I may could check?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: interior (dome) light not working

It is not a fuse issue if the light comes on at all.

Do the map lights come on with the doors open? If so then it's the wire between the dome and the ceiling harness. If not then it's the wire from the ceiling harness to the instrument cluster harness. Connector is at the driver's kick panel. Worst case it is the MICU in the driver's fuse box.

What mods does the car have? Most likely someone cut a wire at the kick panel.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:18 AM
Trial User

2007 LX map lights do not come on with the doors are opened only the overhead dome light. The map lights on an LX are only activated when the lens is pressed in to turn ON and pressed again to turn OFF. The map light doesn't have a slider switch with the DOOR and ON position like on the EX models so they don't really factor into my situation.
As for mods, I have none so nothing has been cut into. I'm not sure what a MICU is. I'm figuring it's some type of control unit.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does the key indicator work when the door is opened as well? does it register the door opened? if no check the drivers side door switch
Old 03-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, I forgot the LX is different.

MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) - It is the $500 master computer that is connected to the fuse box. The door switches connect to it and then it connects to the lights. Unfortunately I only have the diagram for the '08 which is different.

You say that the door lights work so it is probably the connection between the MICU and the dome light. It is under the dash but you need the book to tell you which wire.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Trial User

No problem Stuff, I initially thought I had an issue with the map lights not activating either. I did some research and discovered that the LX's lights don't activate upon the door opening. I'll have to try to take a look at the MICU and see if I can get to it easily and if it's something I can try to figure out. Thanks for the advice. It sounds like thats where my issue probably lies because the door lights do work when the door switchs are activated. It seems to be whatever is inline between the switches and the actual overhead light.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:44 AM
Trial User

Hi there.

Maybe all issues are sorted re. the map / dome lights by now?

The map reading light / dome light switches in some assemblies are common faults on a number of hondas.

For UK members, there're available in the UK on eBay, along with some diagnostic info.

Search Google for: "ebay uk Honda-Civic-Accord-CRV-Jazz-Interior-map-reading-light-switch-not-working" and that should point you straight to the item.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Lawrie; 02-22-2017 at 05:46 AM. Reason: spelling errors / grammar