Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

How to disable Automatic Door lock feature

Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to disable Automatic Door lock feature

Is there a way to disable this feature. It has nothing to do with aftermarket alarm systems, this is part of the oem system from what i have read and i can confirm without the alarm hooked up as soon as i start the car with doors will automatically lock and once the car is turned off the doors will unlock.

Nothing in the service manual states how it can be disabled if it can at all. I know for some cars there is a way to disable it via valet button and series of buttons etc.

I can figure out a way to bypass it with relays but im looking for a quick solution if possible.

thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 04:30 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: How to disable Automatic Door lock feature

Hummmm, a MM&Y of car would help. 94
Old 10-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

95 gsr and ive looked all over for a keyless entry system and found nothing. stock radio is gone, nothing under the seat.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:05 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Check with the Acura dealer, I do not remember the 95 Integra OEM key-less entry having ign. controlled, [automatic] door locks. 94
Old 10-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well it locks, how do you disable this feature? if at all possible? The dealer will have no clue except how to sell cars.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's odd, I have never heard of that being from the factory. Then again I used to have a 97 Teg and it would not do that.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Service department at the dealer.
I can find no info on ign. controlled door locks for a 94 Integra or any Integra for that matter, there is nothing in my owners manual, 94 Integra on any programing for power door locks. 94
Old 10-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was not able to find anything either myself that is why i posted here hoping someone had some info. I can bypass it if i want by digging into the wiring and using transistors and making some circuit board but i rather avoid all that if possible. Guess there is no way to stop this feature
Old 10-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always unplug the actuators for the door locks.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is a very poor solution to propose, considering the aftermarket alarms arm and disarm the doors through the actuators.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you use a remote at all to unlock and lock your doors or just using a key?
Old 10-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Currently i use a remote Autopage rf320 and planning on changing the alarm but the Alarm has nothing to do with this feature b/c with the alarm removed it still does this.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

It's absolutely NOT a factory feature. My 94 never did this until I had an alarm installed. There's probably another module hidden under the dash somewhere that does it.

That being said, I LOVE the feature. I don't understand why so many people don't want it. I ALWAYS want my doors locked when I drive, so having this just makes it more convenient. Shut the car off when you arrive, door unlocks, you get out. Makes it so much easier, especially since I did the interior power lock switch delete with RS door handle bezels a few years back.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There is no other module the RF320 is a very simple unit nothing fancy, works well and allows the addition of a second sensor.

The feature is very inconvenient if you need to get out the car while it is running to check things under the hood which i frequently do. Also if you have a turbo timer and need to get out the car while its running again another inconvenience. Not sure why having the doors automatically locked makes any difference unless you live in a bad neighborhood and you want it lock. Can't remember the last time I or anyone i know accidentally opened the door while driving, never happens.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jetspeedz
There is no other module the RF320 is a very simple unit nothing fancy, works well and allows the addition of a second sensor.

The feature is very inconvenient if you need to get out the car while it is running to check things under the hood which i frequently do. Also if you have a turbo timer and need to get out the car while its running again another inconvenience. Not sure why having the doors automatically locked makes any difference unless you live in a bad neighborhood and you want it lock. Can't remember the last time I or anyone i know accidentally opened the door while driving, never happens.
Are you the original owner? If not, then you don't know for sure unless you've had the entire interior stripped down to the metal. You can't even see the modules in my car unless you stripped out the entire interior.

How is it inconvenient to just flip the door lock open if you need to get out with car running? I do it all the time. Cool thing is if my passenger gets out too, I can lock both doors again by just pushing the driver door lock to lock again and both doors lock.

I've always been taught to drive with doors locked. It's just safer. Many newer cars lock the doors when you put the auto trans in drive, or start moving over a certain speed because it's safer.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetspeedz
That is a very poor solution to propose, considering the aftermarket alarms arm and disarm the doors through the actuators.
You asked how to disable them. Thats just one way.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Are you the original owner? If not, then you don't know for sure unless you've had the entire interior stripped down to the metal. You can't even see the modules in my car unless you stripped out the entire interior.

How is it inconvenient to just flip the door lock open if you need to get out with car running? I do it all the time. Cool thing is if my passenger gets out too, I can lock both doors again by just pushing the driver door lock to lock again and both doors lock.

I've always been taught to drive with doors locked. It's just safer. Many newer cars lock the doors when you put the auto trans in drive, or start moving over a certain speed because it's safer.
Not the original owner, and i have no intentions of ripping it to the bear metal. I talked to a buddy who also has a gsr and his car does the same thing so it's not just mine.

If you read my response you can see the inconvenience this feature causes. Not sure how driving with the doors locked is any safer then having them unlocked. In fact it's more safe to have them unlocked in case you get into an accident, it will be easier for others to open the door and get you out if you think about it so that logic of locked doors being safer goes out the door.

Anyway it is clear no one here knows so ill figure something out.

thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I can assure you the 94 Integras don't do this. This is actually the first time I've ever heard the suggestion that this was factory door lock operation on ANY 94-01 Integra.

I say do this. Get a 95 Integra Helms, look up the wire coming out of the power door lock control unit that has something to do with the engine ignition, and cut it. That should disable the feature.

I'll tell you one thing, you'll never catch me driving any car with the doors intentionally left unlocked. ESPECIALLY not when my kid is in the car.