Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM Tiger Japanese

Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Tiger Japanese

Has anyone dealt with this company before? Here is their website http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/index.php I'm really contemplating on buying my motor from there. Their prices look good and its only $150 shipping to Pennsylvania. Just wanted some feedback if anyone has any on them before I start buying from them. Thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Tiger Japanese

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...tiger+japanese
Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldnt risk it
Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah I think I'll just go with hmotors
Old 01-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just know that HMO isn't fool proof. I just made a post in that link I posted about my situation if you wanna know my experience with Hmotors.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

If it's a really good deal that you can't pass up, you'd be better off taking your $150 and driving to Toronto from PA yourself. That way you can pick out an engine right from their shop that hasn't been dropped from a 3-storey building or whatever they do to them there to tick so many people off. Plus you get a little vaccay for your money, too.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive order motors from there its legit and i got a good motor!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jdm95teggy,

how on earth can we know your actually not a guy from Tigerjapanese?
I mean Iam very aware that big shops,brands have guys replying to threads whenever there name is spoken about in this thread,infact my very own best friend does this here so dont try to teach me.

but it is very very obvious no looser would post your simple,short comment as there first post ever.you should have atleast tried to use an old account name but its probably banned right?

I dont have any horror stories with these guys so I aint gonna lie and I do know a few old friends from Canada who were pleased dealing with them,not for there aftersales etc but for the reasonable price,but remember how the old saying goes you get what you pay for!

I did infact get pissed at there pricing a few years back though,they wanted 900 bucks for an lsd gsr tranny,1900 for a jdm gsr longblock parted from an auto gsr, and they offered there customers new mounts(250),clutch(250),t-belt,w-pump(200),
dizzy(200),shafts(200) which all in all made for a complete gsr swap for 3900 including all those new parts aswell as a probably clean granny driven gsr motor since it was auto.

so I said yeah Ill take it all and they guy says well come to think about it we offer a gsr swap for 3300 and I cant give you all that for that price so I said but those are your prices, its not like Iam bargaining here!

the guy goes well those parts are for those prices only for swap buyers not as spare parts for anybody ,and when I asked for him to reprice he came up with 5000 which pissed me off and they lost my business and it seems they will keep loosing unless they clean up there mess,past,attitude,marketing,retarded prices(cant believe they still advertise all those mentioned prices after my ordeal with them).
Old 01-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know I stick to hmotorsonline had nothing but the best from them
Old 01-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be buying a b20z from hmotors this weekend so if you can wait i'll def let you know what experience i have with them.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a b20b from them and it was a very good working motor but i have heard some bad things though.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any JDM motor retailers east of texas to canada is never a good idea. Some get lucky.
Hmotors prices may be higher but you get what you pay for, If something does happen that you arent pleased with steve will take care of you.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Reject Papi

there are horror stories about tigerjapanese, and i'm sure hmotors isn't flawless either. remember nothing used is perfect!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I personally purchased a motor from them years ago.

I went to there warehouse and tested the motors. I can say its hit or miss.

I saw a lot of good motors but also a lot of shaddy stuff.

Like any other JDM store, its hard. The best way is stores that do live sales. Meaning they take pictures of the ACTUAL engine setup your buying.

I know tiger doesnt do it, and i would buy from them personally from there location no problem, they have HUGE selection if not the biggest from this area. But they still need to get rid of there garbage.

anyways my 2 cents
Old 01-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude I heard bad reviews on Tiger, but it's all up to you if you want to spend the least money. I would check Hmotorsonline.com or Gspeedcorp.com

Gspeedcorp is wayyyyyy cheepeeeerrrrr!!!!! ask for Richard (really cool guy)

located in :

12519 Cerise Ave. Hawthorne CA 90250. Tel: (877) 773-3308
Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had good luck with a company off of eBay of all places. The motor was compression checked, 30 day warranty, and included all mounts, ecu, etc... offered free shipping and it arrived within 3 days of placing the order...
Old 01-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just order a f20b for my eg hatch and the motor came with a broken tps sensor,and a distrubutor too was broken the engine harness was cut too.. i was luck b/c i just replace all the parts with my old blown h22 ... i going to start the motor next week .. hope everything works fine .. and i can tell you iff this site is good lol!!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Trial User

I realize this is an old thread I'm bumping, I don't think it hurts to remind everyone not to deal with Tiger Japanese.

This company has the worst customer service EVER! If you have a problem with your order YOU CANNOT deal with a rep over the phone, instead, you have to deal with this nonsense: www.tigerclaim.com You are forced to fill out this form that they reply to whenever they feel like it.

I purchased a 4G63T from them and upon removing the timing belt cover saw that the trigger plate had made contact with the crank sensor. The motor had suffered crankwalk and it would only be a matter of miles before it imploded. These guys don't inspect anything, despite what their website claims!

I'm realistic, I didn't expect a perfect engine by any means. All I expected from these scum bags is what they advertised, a low mileage JDM engine free from internal defects. What I received was an engine, on a skid, that is only good for spare parts.

I share my story so that other car enthusiasts don't get ripped off like I did!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just food for thought when ordering any motor.. a friend of mine (who is from Japan and is into the Honda game) has told me alot about these motors that come from over there. Most sites claim their motors come with roughly 40K or less on them.. half the time its complete bull ****. First of all, you guys think these JDM Type R motors are coming from little old ladies daily drivers? I don't think so. Even at 40K those miles/kilometers are likely harder driven than you'll probably ever do). IMO, Even a low mile motor from over seas, should really have the bearings clearanced and have new rings installed.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so far I brought 3 motors from tiger japanese with no problems. I also brought a couple parts from them. I have heard that they some times rip people off but I have yet to have it happen to me.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bought a k24a2 off ebay.....if you have problems. paypal because of ebay will take care of situations
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

buying a USED JDM engine is like playing russin rulet cross ur fingers in hope for the best
Old 10-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My D15B came from tigerjap and its been in the car and running strong for almost 8 months now with no issues.. i kniow several other who have purchased thier motors from them as well with no issues.. guess its just a risk you have to take.. im gonna order a type r first of year for another swap project, hopefully it will turn out good too...
Old 10-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They are ok I bought a B20B and my H23a vtec from there. The b20 is great has been running for 3 years now no probs. The H23a It visually had more than 35,000 miles as they stated. But it’s been running strong for about 2 months now no problems. Compression was bad at first but I ran it for a few min and re checked it and it was 225 all the way across the board, probably just a stuck valve or something. the customer service sucks I wrote the guy about the compression and it took him a week to respond.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmotors hands down.

Just my .02

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JDM Tiger Japanese