Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

5 lug conversion

Old 02-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 lug conversion

does anybdoy know about how to do a 5 lug conversion on a 94 accord lx? what items will i need? will the lug pattern be 5x114 or 5x100? thanks for any help
Old 02-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (mikeyvt)

you will need the hubs, rotors, calipers, from a prelude 97+. you can use the rear trailing arm off of an accord that is an ex because the rear is discs.

i am doing this same conversion on my car, but i still need some more info on it. will this affect my offset? and what about the abs system?

any info on this subject would be helpful
Old 02-06-2003, 10:53 PM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (BuddyC)

1st (or maybe 2nd gen too? im not 100% certain) odessey should work since the early models were based directly off the 5th gen accord.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:02 AM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (TypeSH)

it'll be 5x100mm, parts off the 1st gen Odyssey should work, like he said. hope you got $$$ becuz it'll be practically the whole suspension, & the rear is a total swap from drum-to-disc.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:25 PM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (mikeyvt)

for all those people above interested in 5 lug conversion. you should get in touch with Martaigne on either H-T or at Accordinglydone.com. He's right in the middle of an Odyssey 5 lug conversion on his 5th gen. He's got got it all down pat from the sounds of it.

Front: odyssey hubs, integra type R rotors ('99), legend dual piston calipers (could also use 5G Accord V6/Wagon calipers which are single piston).

Rear: odyssey hubs, and I believe odyssey rotors and calipers (though I think the Accord rotor and caliper will fit just fine).

check with him on the trailing arm change.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:56 PM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (greensleeper)

for all those people above interested in 5 lug conversion. you should get in touch with Martaigne on either H-T or at Accordinglydone.com. He's right in the middle of an Odyssey 5 lug conversion on his 5th gen. He's got got it all down pat from the sounds of it.

Front: odyssey hubs, integra type R rotors ('99), legend dual piston calipers (could also use 5G Accord V6/Wagon calipers which are single piston).

Rear: odyssey hubs, and I believe odyssey rotors and calipers (though I think the Accord rotor and caliper will fit just fine).

check with him on the trailing arm change.
is the itr/oddessey 5x100 or 5x114.3?

and are you sure you can use the rear accord rotors? they are 4x114.3 for 4th/5th gen accords. Any idea if the rear oddessey caliper is larger/better thant he stock accord one (ex disc caliper)?
Old 02-21-2003, 08:12 AM

I have a few questions on this conversion for the 5th gen. These apply to the front only as this is all I need to convert.

Will the Odyssey hub and disc fit on the Accord steering knuckle?

Will the caliper and caliper mounting bracket from the Odyssey fit on the Accord Steering knuckle?

Will the banjo fitting on the Accord brake line fit the Odyssey caliper?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:43 AM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (ozarkbw)

I have a few questions on this conversion for the 5th gen. These apply to the front only as this is all I need to convert.

Will the Odyssey hub and disc fit on the Accord steering knuckle?

Will the caliper and caliper mounting bracket from the Odyssey fit on the Accord Steering knuckle?

Will the banjo fitting on the Accord brake line fit the Odyssey caliper?

Thanks in advance.
I'm guessing the banjo fitting would fit as well, too lazy to check hondaautomotiveparts to see if the two bolts are the same. If not, you can try the accord bolt on the odyssey caliper, i would assume they'd use the same thread pattern for the caliper.

the two knuckles look very similar, or exactly the same according to hondaautomotivepart's diagrams, but the part numbers are different.

I'm hoping the hub and bearing fit right into the accord knucle, fewer parts to buy.

If the caliper bracket doesnt fit (say thats the diff between the two knuckles, and hence the two diff part numbers), you can use an accord wagon/v6 bracket and those calipers instead of odyssey calipers (or possibly larger like the legend dual piston ones).

I think its agreed that the accord wagon/v6 and legend brackets will work on the accord knuckle, and i *think* most honda/acura calipers use the same bolting size on the caliper brackets, so they are interchangeable. I've seen legend caliper+bracket on the accord knuckle, and someone just recently told me they put NSX calipers on accord wagon brackets.

One concern I have is which rotor to use, and choosing one to get the correct offset and one that would fit within the caliper bracket you choose.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't believe honda uses a 5x100. ITR's, Preludes, Odyssey's all use 5x114.3
Old 02-21-2003, 11:24 AM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (YumVTEC)

So, honda does not make a 5x100 lug pattern that will swap to the 5th gen Accord knuckle?

I'm working on a custom car that will have an Audi suspension on the front and an Accord suspension on the rear. The Audi is a 5x100. I would like to get the Accord suspension to 5x100 also. Is this going to be possible without a custom fabricated wheel bearing hub or adapter?
Old 02-24-2003, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (YumVTEC)

I just got done working on my car over the weekend. The Odyssey parts do not fit on the rear. I haven't tested the front yet.

The Odyssey hub/bearing assembly was too large for the mounting post on the Accord. It also hit the ABS sensor on the bottom of the knuckle.

I'm looking into parts from the 97+ Prelude and 97+ Accord V6 tonight at the local junkyard. You'll be able to get status updates more frequently over at my site.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:01 PM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (Martaigne)

have you tried seeing how the odyssey rear knuckle is compared to the accords?

damn this sucks if it doesnt work. Have you tried seeing if the odyssey parts fit on the front?
Old 02-24-2003, 10:04 PM

hey dude, im pretty sure the lude ones wont fit! but, maybe u can make some magic!

how bout the older TL's and CL's?? any chance of them fitting?? im not sure, i thought id suggest??
Old 02-24-2003, 10:54 PM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (After_Burner)

hey after_burner, so you did try 2001 prelude suspension parts? Which parts did you try and where was the fitment errors? did you try the front?

I think hte TL/CL shared parts w/ the AV6, so it might be a dead end road.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Everywhere I see a 5th gen with a 5 lug conversion I see parts used from a 97+ Prelude. I don't know exactly what's being used, because as far as I could tell at the junkyard the other day the 97+ lude and 98+ AV6 have identical rear hubs.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:21 AM

do these other 5-lug accords have ABS? the guy you mentioned w/ drums intially should not have ABS in the rear, less parts to clash fitment w/?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:49 AM

The CL is pretty much the same car as a 5th gen. What lug pattern did it have?
Old 02-25-2003, 07:58 AM

1st gen CL probably since the parts are similar if not the same. 2th gen CL parts I wonder if they are the same as AV6 parts... if they are, then the question is whether they would work or not.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:06 AM

I'm wanting to swap out just the front of my 94 ex. Do you think I can swap the knuckle from the 97 CL to my car?

And is the CL a 5x114.3 or 5x100?
Old 02-25-2003, 12:04 PM

2nd gen CL is 5x114.3

[Modified by OEMaccord, 9:05 PM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-25-2003, 02:59 PM

its ironic cause that was the first time i tried swapping the 2001 lude engine for mine, it failed cause of the ecu and a few other things, but anyways, with the engine- i was gonna get the whole suspension setup! thats the thing, i may not need to have used the whole thing, just some like some of u guys r doing, for ex: hub, bearing, rotor, caliper! etc etc! but i tried swapping, literally, the whole suspension, but it simply didnt fit!! compleeeetely off!!..but like i said, i may not have needed to use the whole setup!!

damn it , this is bugging me, im just waaaiting for a miracle, so i can get my advan's in the 5lug pattern!! :<..
Old 02-26-2003, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do these other 5-lug accords have ABS? the guy you mentioned w/ drums intially should not have ABS in the rear, less parts to clash fitment w/?
Yes, it was the ABS ring that was intefering with the ABS sensor. Since the 98+ AV6 is an EX it comes with ABS no matter what. That and the spindle was too short.

I got in touch with a local fellow that did a 5 lug swap with 97+ lude parts. HE says he didn't need to change out the spindle. I'm going to meet up with him this weekend to find out exactly what was done, and I will take pictures. Check this thread for details and updates since I don't come here often enough: http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...=&threadid=798
Old 02-26-2003, 03:14 PM

ok! well, i, personally, have talked to this one guy with a 94accord, and hes COMPLETED! the swap, all he used was basically 97 and up honda prelude: hub/rotors/calipers!! same for the back, pluuuus the control arms off of a 90-97 accord that has discs (EX/EXR)
Old 02-26-2003, 03:20 PM

oh hey "martaigne"...i just checked ur website with regards to this, and we're both talking about the same guy named "ben" hehe... and he says the exact same thing, 3-5 replies regarding the 5lug swap!...

Old 02-26-2003, 03:42 PM

Default Re: 5 lug conversion (After_Burner)

does this 5-lug guy run ABS? I have an EX so I have ABS stock... wonder if that would be a problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5 lug conversion