Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

Villany Product's ZF1

Old 08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Villany Product's ZF1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello to the good folks on this forum. I’ve been on this forum for a while now keeping it real low key. I was lucky enough to be one of the first of few out in USA Los Angeles to get the CRZ before official drop date.

quick info:
I bout mine at a local dealership, i didnt get hooked up. I had to pay that mark up just like you will if you want a CRZ. They cant feel the demand of the car, and please know most 6speeds will be sold before they arrive at the dealerships.

I received the CRZ last Friday, and I’ve been driving it around Orange County, Los Angeles County including DTLA and Hollywood. This Honda prevails a new generation of driving. I break necks everywhere; it’s the perfect California car, because of the three different modes ECON, NORMAL, SPORT. ECON feels sluggish but it’s good to press that button when you’re on a flat land straight away going 65mph and need to conserve gas, or when you’re in bumper to bumper traffic in Los Angeles or Orange County. The ‘NORMAL’ is the best setting you can keep it in because it gets the job done daily driving, you can conserve and still speed up quick if you’re in a situation. The SPORT mode turns the car into a beast, its crazy the gauge cluster lights up red, and you can feel the difference its like the whole car turns into a race car setting. It’s very responsive in 1st through 6th. I still have my EF2 with a XSI b16A so I know what quick is, and the CRZ has it in SPORT mode.

I am going to be doing some under wraps projects with some well known companies in the USA. So please stay tuned into VILLANY Product’s ZF1.

Click here to view the acutual blog post with more images

Last edited by builthatch; 08-25-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: edited to make some sense in a technical forum
Old 08-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: Villany Product's ZF1

Yea, my advertisement worked!! All of you guys are going to buy from Villany now.

NO, LOC! It’s not like that fellas, The car was only featured on the VP blog first. That’s why I was linking the post for you to see more pictures. I didn’t want people to be asking dumb questions that I could easily inform people about what VP is first.

The ZF1 is currently in R & D seasonings at Tanabe and will be back on the streets this coming Wednesday. I’ve already got my hands on some EP3 Type R rims 5lug early August, so Ill have some great photos that express that jdm steelo shortly stay tuned folks!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Villany Product's ZF1

Heres Tanabe USA blog.

http://www.more-japan.com/blogs/

Stay tuned
Old 08-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres the parts I get to walk away with

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/rnd/category/Honda-CR-Z.aspx
Old 08-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: Villany Product's ZF1

"Tanabe USA getting it in; I miss my ZF1 already"

Source: http://www.tanabe-usa.com/rnd/category/Honda-CR-Z.aspx
Old 08-25-2010, 05:41 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what is going on here?

OP i edited your post to make some sense of it. remember this is technical sub-forum. so keep it technical, please.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ugh.... sorry tanabe but you guys in my opinion have a track record of making just ugly *** looking exhausts lol. no one wants a fart can on their new CR-Z!!

i will give you props on the touring design muffler though id buy that one potentially if we could see any dyno gains from it.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ALL--
You guys have a surprise, that I cant wait for you to see. The dyno testing went very well and the exhaust looks and sounds great. The Medalion Touring Exhaust is on my ZF1; it sounds similar to an Italian exotic. It also gained over 7hp. Plus the chassis braise and springs have the car riding righteous.

I am going to get some footy this morning and upload it on here shortly, stay tuned.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VLNYUNEEK
Stop contradicting yourself, you can’t speak up on there track record, I am 25yrs old and there track record is pretty good to me. When I was a young teenager I use to see there adds and know that I would love to buy a tanabe exhaust, because of the simple fact that they been around forever.

It’s all on the goober that buys the muffler and goes to any random muffler shop to put it on. These dudes are hella professional and they use the best possible stainless steel you can buy in Japan to create these exhaust.

You have to understand that the dyno sheets will be revealed and most exhaust that is placed on cars only makes one or two extra HP. This exhaust made over 7hp and it sounds bad ***. It’s a new sound for Honda forsure.

Once you see proof ill be waiting for those props you were speaking up on.

im not talking quality at all, im very aware tanabe makes a high quality product, that might show some gains, im only speaking of my own, and alot fo my fellow enthusiasts i know ,opinions on the asthetics of their exhaust, a new car like the CR-Z deservies a nice looking exhaust, not a fart can. Which is why i complimented them on their touring exhaust. From what your saying, if i do buy a crz, that touring exhaust will probobly be one of my choices, due to its looks, and as you said, sound and performance. Take for example Mugen's exhaust for the insight, it looks exotic, different, and good. I think cars like these deserve more exotic and origional looking exhausts, to set these cars apart from the typical tuner crowd.

i would love to see the before and after dyno sheets and more info on the exhaust though, should be very interesting
Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by 90Rexx
im not talking quality at all, im very aware tanabe makes a high quality product, that might show some gains, im only speaking of my own, and alot fo my fellow enthusiasts i know ,opinions on the asthetics of their exhaust, a new car like the CR-Z deservies a nice looking exhaust, not a fart can. Which is why i complimented them on their touring exhaust. From what your saying, if i do buy a crz, that touring exhaust will probobly be one of my choices, due to its looks, and as you said, sound and performance. Take for example Mugen's exhaust for the insight, it looks exotic, different, and good. I think cars like these deserve more exotic and origional looking exhausts, to set these cars apart from the typical tuner crowd.

i would love to see the before and after dyno sheets and more info on the exhaust though, should be very interesting
good answer. no tension, calmness...thank you.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I couldnt wait anymore for tananbe to update there site so I had to get my own footy.

Heres a teaser, the video is comming on after lunch. ENJOY!

Medalion Touring Exhaust

URL=http://img201.imageshack.us/i/exhaustedup1.jpg/][/URL]

Last edited by VLNYUNEEK; 08-26-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: OG picture size was way to big
Old 08-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can u get us like, a far away shot of the rear with the exhaust?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post Re: Villany Product's ZF1

Originally Posted by 90Rexx
can u get us like, a far away shot of the rear with the exhaust?
Yea sure, no problem.
Here are all my personal photos and videos I was able to make today from the EVO HTC SMARTPHONE.

Tanabe updated there website with the dyno sheets and everything

Tanabe USA R&D Blog | Tanabe CR-Z R&D Complete!

Just need to save up to put some nittos on my ep3 type R rims. I will be back on here posting when that happens. Until then thank you for everybody that took the time to see what good.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 08-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For the dyno videos and more information on what they did during the R&D

GO HERE:

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/rnd/category/Honda-CR-Z.aspx
Old 08-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

exhaust looks pretty good. was the dyno in normal mode? numbers seem a bit low for sport, no?

nice gains too.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crx(gator)
exhaust looks pretty good. was the dyno in normal mode? numbers seem a bit low for sport, no?

nice gains too.
Thank you for the complements, I wasnt attending the R&D sessions so I would honestly think that they put it in sport mode but you never know. When I rev it up in sport mode I get some quite backfires. I am going to put the video up so you can know what I am refering too.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks good, keep up updated on this. Sorry, but I refuse to pay the $2500 markup for the CR-Z here in SD. I will wait a year before I shell out that kind of money...
Old 08-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
Looks good, keep up updated on this. Sorry, but I refuse to pay the $2500 markup for the CR-Z here in SD. I will wait a year before I shell out that kind of money...
ouch. the dealer by me is selling them for msrp, and they havent sold one yet.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:21 PM
MiG-21 superfan

same here.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The worse part is I have yet to see a 6 speed at the 3 Honda dealerships for the CRZ.

I want to test drive a 6-speed but it looks like only autos are here in SD. And yes, all the dealerships I've asked have this $2500 markup "limited availability" right on the sticker price... they will not budge on the markup!

Looks like I will get another Fit Sport or the new Mazda 2...
Old 08-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
The worse part is I have yet to see a 6 speed at the 3 Honda dealerships for the CRZ.

I want to test drive a 6-speed but it looks like only autos are here in SD. And yes, all the dealerships I've asked have this $2500 markup "limited availability" right on the sticker price... they will not budge on the markup!

Looks like I will get another Fit Sport or the new Mazda 2...
i guess you could fly out to ny, get a 6 speed for msrp and drive it back and save $2k.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not a fan of either exhausts. Too bad the Medalion Touring Exhaust isn't a single tip. Car looks awesome lowered though, even on stockies.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM

Same here.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gutted-dx
Not a fan of either exhausts. Too bad the Medalion Touring Exhaust isn't a single tip. Car looks awesome lowered though, even on stockies.
Thanks for your opinion, but you should compare the other exhaust out there and tell us which one would be killing the tananbe touring one at the moment beside the spoon and mugen exhaust.

Thanks for the complement but its going to look a lot better once I put my EP3 type R rims on it. Just saving my pennys for tires cause i am broke at the moment until this weekend. I am going to have that type R OEM look for a while; while i stack my chips for some real offset three peice rims, so I can really stunt on these hoes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Villany Product's ZF1